Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 7 of 14: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By bronnimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 20, 2008 05:35 AM
hi,
Great post !
We used Rimmel sun Shimmer last night It was awfull it comes out full of streaks and blotchy and comes off onto clothes and looks a mess I definatly would not recommend this product.
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By xKaty_Voguexmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 AM
Hey
I've only just started using fake tan but I've noticed that Johnson's Holiday Skin is good.
I've got fair skin and after just 1 coat of it when I tried it the other day I already looked fairly tanned.
So on the week of your comp apply a layer each day and you should have a nice fake tan
Hope I've helped :)

Katy xx
By emma_r
On Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:56 PM
Thanks for the greaat help!!
Who would have thought that toothpaste takes tan off lol!
XxEmmaxX

Comment #6829905 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2008-03-16 09:52:58 Netspeak. You must spell out full words in English when you post.

By CHARL3Y_
On Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:54 PM
<b>St Tropez Mousse Is Really Good, No Streaks And It Lasts A Very Long Time.

Charleyy x
By DanniiH
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 01:30 PM
Hi,

I use fake bake beyond bronze as it develops a really nice colour. You have to let it develop over night but I've never had problems with it going streaky or looking orange and I'm naturally pale skinned!!

Dannii x
By alice123
On Tue Feb 19, 2008 02:09 AM
I now use siennasol extreme in my tanning machine.I am so pale normally but with one coat of this I go so brown and it hasnt turned streaky on me.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a spray tanning machine

xxx
By busylizy
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:49 AM
Hi, i recently started using fake bake tan which looks great, but i'd like to know if anyone has experienced the following problems:
The fake bake mousse turned out green?!
The spray cans, stopped working when there's plenty left in them.
Any advice would be helpful
By bronnimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 16, 2008 05:18 AM
hi,
We have tried St Tropez Mousse its amazing goes on so easy and no streaks definatly worth the money as it is a bit pricey
x
By eviedancechick
On Sun Mar 16, 2008 04:07 PM
hello
i use fabric softner in the bathj
do this a couple of bath washes
and it comes off easily!
NOO SCRUBBING!!!!:P:D
Lovee evie xxxx
By spraytanpro
On Mon Mar 17, 2008 01:30 PM
busylizy wrote:

Hi, i recently started using fake bake tan which looks great, but i'd like to know if anyone has experienced the following problems:
The fake bake mousse turned out green?!
The spray cans, stopped working when there's plenty left in them.
Any advice would be helpful

The DHA in the spray tan can have an adverse reaction with skin products the worst culprit is deodorant which you sometimes see as green patches in the armpit area. Always exfoliate & make sure you don't wear any deodorants, cosmetics, perfumes etc.

make sure you keep the can upright (when you spray) if you already do that it is down to manufacturer not getting the balance of propellant & spray tan right.

Hope that helps.

Richard.
By dancebeatz2602
On Tue Mar 18, 2008 01:24 PM
Hi,
this was a fab idea, the amount of dancers out their that dont really understand the rules of tanning should never have any problems again!!! Its bril well done
Bex x
By louisekimmitt
On Wed Apr 02, 2008 09:07 AM
Hiya, i use fake bake extreme gel and i think its great! but when i reach the bottom of the bottle my tan goes a bit patchy which is a shame considering the price! however it is still the best colour tan i've tried.
Louise xxxx
By makeup100
On Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:18 PM
Hi ,

Recently i have been thinking about buying a spray tan compressor as i saw the advert for siennasol and have heard good things about it and it would work out cheaper than going to a salon all the time.

For those of you who have spray tan compressors which one is best ?? (i want it to be compatible with siennasol)

Can you use Siennasol with all spray compressors on the market ?

The main reason why im buying a compressor is for siennasol.

Does siennasol come in cannisters or a liquid which you pour into the spray gun ??

I dont want to spend a lot on the spray machine though.

Thanks for your advice :D !
Shauangh
X
By spraytanpro
On Fri Apr 11, 2008 03:13 AM
makeup100 wrote:

Hi ,

Recently i have been thinking about buying a spray tan compressor as i saw the advert for siennasol and have heard good things about it and it would work out cheaper than going to a salon all the time.

For those of you who have spray tan compressors which one is best ?? (i want it to be compatible with siennasol).

Can you use Siennasol with all spray compressors on the market ?

The main reason why im buying a compressor is for siennasol.

Does siennasol come in cannisters or a liquid which you pour into the spray gun ??

I dont want to spend a lot on the spray machine though.

Thanks for your advice :D !
Shauangh
X

Shauangh,

Siennasol doesn't come in cannistors & you can use it in any professional spray tan kit.

As far as spray tan machines are concerned you have the choice of airbrush or HVLP.Airbrushes run virtually silent, are more precise (you can give a sun kissed look to shoulders etc), are maneuverable, use less solution, produce less overspray. HVLP are as loud as a hoover (as they use hoover motors), use more solution, are quicker, easier to learn to use, less manouverable,.

The main thing is the noise It is difficult to have a conversation with an HVLP on at the same time.

HVLP's are probably more popular in the UK though, best thing is to try for yourself, an HVLP will cost from £50 to £200, a decent compressor will cost £100-£300
Iwata has been used by many brands such as St Tropez, Sunjunkie, Fantasy Tan, Norvell, Sudo and many more.We have been using them for over 7 years & never had a problem.

Iwata do an entry level one for £100 but the best one is the silver jet which is £160. Babyliss do a cheap one at £20 - £30 which is good, but the better the compressor the easier it is to get good results.

Siennasol can be applied with a natural sponge or makeup sponge.

If you need any help or a sample PM me.

Regards,

Richard.
By LiL_Mizz_Danca
On Sun Apr 13, 2008 08:18 AM
I use Sally Hanson in Golden glow

Its very good and dark ! =]

And can get it in lots of colours

X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X
By StaceyMonaghan_x
On Mon Apr 14, 2008 02:56 PM
I like sunshimmer :D its quick and easy to use :D I use a glove with a sock on it (a sock which I use for tanning I dont wear it :P) it keeps it smooth and no streaks, I keep forgetting to buy a mitt ! going to try tan put the avon as I see a few people have recommended it :) !
By discochic_norwaymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 20, 2008 03:13 PM
Edited by discochic_norway (132894) on 2008-04-20 15:14:25
I've found something that removes faketan from your face and neck very quickly and effective, Garnier Purifying Pads! In Norway you can buy it at shops like H&M and so on..

The pads are however really strong stuff, so be careful :)
By Amy_1110
On Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:56 PM
I use the No 7 quick dry foam, it very easy to apply but does take 2- 3 coats to get a dark tan. Also have to use gloves to put on, hand go orange lol. It takes time to get off but the best way is to use a body scrub.
By DanceFaweva
On Thu May 29, 2008 05:02 AM
Heyah great post i use PIZ BUIN from ASDA lol :P but its really good and dosent streak or rub off on your costume

From Lauriann x
By Kay400
On Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:08 PM
I use a mit which my mam bought from boots and the fake tan that I use is the rimmel but I use the matte but there is a shimmer one which gives a glittery look xx
By EastHullDancerzPremium member
On Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:32 PM
when my mum did two coats of tan, the first time, my face was real dark, and I looked like I had a tash!!!!! lol, but my mum has learned now so I look alot better! lol thanks for the advice, its helped us alot ;) love lizzie
By PRINCESSMAISIE
On Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:45 AM
Hi I think the best tan is in the preperation ,i worked in a beauty salon and the best way to prepare is exfoliation and the best way to exfoliate is a ruff towel and all over, people always forget the neck backs of arms backs of legs knees and ankles and hands.If your skin is exfoliated regularly you should have no problems.Gina x
By Jillian_Dance
On Sun Jun 29, 2008 03:08 PM
Aw Fabby Post!
Really Helpful!
I usually get a spray tan done in a salon!
But thanks to this ill get my mummy to go out and but some and try them before my next comp!!
Thanks,
Love Jillian!..XXXXXX
By kerryD
On Wed Jul 02, 2008 03:30 AM
Hi, loved all the advice, we used Dove..gentle on the orange tango look more natural lookin..especially as it was my daughters first comp..
Page:
Page 7 of 14: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch