Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 8 of 14: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By passion4danceJUE
On Mon Jul 14, 2008 07:03 AM
I use Babyliss spray tan machine which is quick and easy to use. i buy my own tan to put in as the one given isnt that dark. i buy the tan from sallys and its called SUN ULTRA DARK.. its costs £70 but is a big bottle that lasts a long time..
Julie x
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By hannaht566
On Fri Jul 18, 2008 09:56 AM
hi!
I use sun shimmer in medium shimmer. It's an instant tan that goes really dark and only takes two coats and it adds a nice shimmer to the skin aswell.
By xQueeniex
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 04:39 PM
Rimmel instant sun shimmer tan is the best tan ive ever used..you just put it on with a mit before you dance and it comes straight off in the shower when you get home. nomore being orange for school lol..love laurxxxx
By ames4masemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 24, 2008 09:08 AM
Hey this post is sooo helpful, Ive just ordered some of the Avon mousse (although Im a bit worried about this curry smell everyones talking about!!) and got some FAKE DONT BAKE from bodycare the other day for under 2 pounds!! :O Also, I'll have to try using a thick sock to apply the tan- sounds like a really good idea. Thanks everyone!! :D

Amy xxxxx
By KRAZYKIRSTY
On Tue Aug 12, 2008 02:22 PM
There seems to be a lot of recomendations for avon mousse so Im gonna try that one next...used fake bake lovely but far too costly. I have also triied avon's new 360 degree air spray, I've heard of people turning orange but I went a funny shade of yellow, my mum said it looked like I had jaundice lol xx
By KeenBeen_Nomimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 14, 2008 07:07 AM
Hiya - ive found a great way of getting tan off after my friend recommended it to me

Washing powder works great :D although i wouldnt recommend if you have sensitive skin. so far it has always worked for me especially when you get fake tan hands after using a bit too much lol

naomi
x
By danielle5
On Tue Aug 19, 2008 08:09 AM
Hiya,
This must of taken you ages to put up!
I use bronze expess and I find it really good and dark!
There are loads of good tips here thanks!
Love Danielle
xxx
xx
x
By dizzylivvi
On Tue Sep 09, 2008 02:17 PM
I use Siennasol extreme on Olivia...it's fab!

I put one coat on her on the friday night using a sponge and by sunday she is a lovely colour.The best tan I've tried on her.

Karen x
By ailsya
On Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:15 PM
hi
we have used almost all of them so far the best is one of the cheapest, and we can never get it in the winter, so we stock up when we can
ailsya
By nikinoo14
On Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:03 PM
my favourtite is rimmel sun shimmer.
By nikinoo14
On Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:06 PM
My favourite fake tan is rimmel sun shimmer i think that is really good and i am already quite tanned so it just builds it up for me to use so i dont have to use to much of it.

Nicola x
By nikinoo14
On Mon Sep 29, 2008 01:01 PM
Hellooo

do you give out free samples of your fake tan ?

thankyou nicolaa x
By redsdancerrr
On Fri Oct 10, 2008 07:20 AM
used a spray tan for last weekend's havant comp
a new one i hadnt used before
sprayed on EVENLY by mum who is a spray tan veteran
however tan did not show except one stripe on my leg!
do not use garnier spray tan mist.
just dont :D
By dancing_summer
On Tue Nov 04, 2008 02:23 PM
Hi x

iv'e read some tip's and they have really helped me thank you.

when people have tan's for the comp's i think they are amazing but i have had alot of trouble at school every one called me names and nasty stuff beacuse i looked orange but dont worry if you get picked on your not the only one They are just jealous becuse they havinggot a smashing tan.:)

thank's for the help summer x
By beckieelliotmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 05, 2008 09:39 AM
Hi I Use Avon Mousse Tan _ Dark
By Venetian
On Tue Nov 11, 2008 01:16 AM
i like dove or santropay there both really good.but u got to find one thats right for u!!!!

theres this really bad one with licra in it.it just rubs off!!!!
By J_L
On Sun Nov 23, 2008 01:59 PM
I use soltan self tan, a developing formula it doesnt leave your skin feeling damp and it doesnt turn you orange! Not too expensive either. Have never tried toothpaste for getting tan off will remember to try it next time i need to. Jaime-Leigh x
By ellie94x
On Thu Dec 11, 2008 02:16 PM
nice post. some fake tans from bottles i've used are quite good, but always look a little patchy. I went for a spray tan and me and my sister had put cream on before we went out, because we have eczema, and the lady said it acts as a barrier to fake tan. It was going green on my sister, but she applied more tan. Fortuantly looked ok, just a little patchy. Just warning people with skin conditions or whatever to not put cream on before, or mosturize. x
By spraytanpro
On Fri Dec 12, 2008 04:14 AM
ellie94x wrote:

me and my sister had put cream on before we went out, because we have eczema, and the lady said it acts as a barrier to fake tan. It was going green on my sister, but she applied more tan. Fortuantly looked ok, just a little patchy. Just warning people with skin conditions or whatever to not put cream on before, or mosturize. x

Good point, many moisturisers contain oils (which act as a barrier) & perfumes (which make the tan green). You should also wax or shave at least 24 hours before application, exfoliate prior to treatment, avoid using any bath or shower products which may contain oils & avoid applying deodorant, moisturiser, perfume or makeup

You should also avoid wearing Jewelry or glasses & wear loose dark baggy clothes & flip flops.

If you wish to maintain your tan: Regularly use a Moisturiser which contains no AHAs & avoid baths (take Quick showers with no scrubbing, shaving, waxing or exfoliating). just do the opposite if you want the tan to come off, also try visiting your local pool & sauna.

Richard.
By alicelovestodacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 20, 2008 05:15 PM
i dont do disco, but for my dancing shows they prefer us to get a spray tan + get our makeup done like you do for comps ie false eyelashes. i always get my spray tan done profesionally as it stays on for longer + doesnt streak as easily, the only problem is if your getting it done regurarly it could get quite expensive x
By Dynamic_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 22, 2008 09:17 AM
I used to use garnier spay mist (the deeper one) which worked really well for me, but at a ballroom comp the other day i bought some 'DSI dancers tan', which works wonders and comes off really easily when you want it to (not when you don't, lol).
By georgia_
On Sun Jan 04, 2009 04:14 PM
Great post :D
And tans I have found to be good are:
fake bake
sun laborities
and also spray tans (using sienna tan)
By LittleLauren
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:45 AM
my mum gets my tan from sally's hair studio..It's a spray and comes out really dark and looks really good
By dizzydancer1
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:19 AM
Siennosol Is By Far The Best Ive Tried
Also I Like Getting Sprayyed At tHe salon But Sometimes it doesnt turn out as good .
By jay9
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 02:07 PM
I always do Jamie-leighs tan the day before with tanning towels then re-do it again about 6 hours later then the morning of the competition i put on sunshimmer. i have never had any problems with this and because she is only 7 i dont like to send her to school the next day with tan on so this washes off really easy.
Page:
Page 8 of 14: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch