Forum: General / Hip Hop / Popping

I need help fine tuning my hits.
By Sonic349
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:34 PM

Hi im new to popping and i was hoping to get sum help with my hits. I wanted sum help figuring out which muscles to tense. Ive got my shoulder blades for my chest and my biceps and triceps for my arm twitch. I have my glutes and thieghs. i was wondering if i needed to tense my Trapezius, my neck muscle, to get that extra pop in my arms.

6 Replies to I need help fine tuning my hits.

re: I need help fine tuning my hits.
By tappingangel
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 05:13 PM
I'm assuming you're a guy right? Don;t call me sexist..believe me, I'm far from it..but most guy poppers that I've seen tend to use their neck muscles. It adds a certain flare that I know most ladies (at least that I've seen) can't do, because our muscles up there aren't quite as built as yalls. Just keep working on it. One of my crew members has poppin down so well that he uses practically every muscle in his body, and it looks really tight. Just keep workin on it and see what happens.
By iH0p
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 06:29 PM
anyone can hit their necks. what you don't want to do is hit the back of your neck.. that's gonna tire you out and maybe hurt you. aim for the front part of your neck (you should see the bones in the front part of your neck pop out. and if you put a few fingers to the back of your neck, you should NOT feel it tensing)

some people even hit their jaw.

one spot that should add to your hits is your stomach (when you tense your abs it'll cave in a bit and will force your chest up). that combined with your back/shoulder blades ought to really bring out your hits.

to put it simply, hit everything you can

some people say you shouldn't hit your shoulders.. but i was taught to. so screw them. i dont see how hitting your shoulders is cheating your hits any more than hitting your legs or shoulder blades or arms are. that's just stupid

ihop
By best_kept_secret
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 09:24 PM
hey on that topic, anybody know how to separate the hits in your forearms and your upper arm? i can't seem to do it.

most guys i know (including me) started out on neck and chest hits. arm hits after that, and learnt legs after that. ive got most hits down, im working on separating them right now. and hitting harder of course.

chux
By shaggyPopsy
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 01:53 AM
yo man seperation on your lower and upper arms takes a lot of practise just try tensing the upper part of your arm with out the lower, once you can do that try doing that faster its pretty hard to explain

PEACE
By Sonic349
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 09:57 PM
Thx for the advice it really helped my chest hits
By CraigMack
On Wed Apr 05, 2006 04:12 PM
hey tappingangel, do you think that we could see a video of him? being a guy, that would be very helpful!

ReplySendWatch