Forum: General / Hip Hop / Popping

help me!!!!!!!!
By benj
On Fri Mar 17, 2006 05:08 AM

this is a message for invent really or anyone else who can help. i am addicted to body popping, i love it. i think about it all day, but dont really know how to do it. do you have an instructional video to get me started?? i get the principals of it but need it broken down to learn step by step.

10 Replies to help me!!!!!!!!

re: help me!!!!
By Invent
On Fri Mar 17, 2006 07:32 AM
look in the stickies at the top of the popping section.
I have videos there.
Invent
By benj
On Fri Mar 17, 2006 07:44 AM
yeah ok man, ill watch them when i get home. i tried havin a sneaky look at work but i cant have the sound on really, so ill see what they are like at home. how long have you been doin it for?? how long do you think it would take to get to a reasonable level? can u tell when your sliding, is it a way of kinda tricking the eye or something? i seem to grip to much when i try? ive looked at some of the dvds to buy but they always have some cheesy bloke on the front with real bad hair and lycra outfit!! :-> and they look like a really poor effort at a fitness video or something, u no? sorry to ask you so many questions bud, but ive been waiting for a while to speak to someone about this really so you putting my brain at ease.
By shaggyPopsy
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 02:31 AM
yea i mean INVENT pretty much got the low down and i think it's great if u followed them because they're very good.. and i know it's hard to TEACH jus az it iz to LEARN so PROPS

PEACE
By benj
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 02:47 AM
poppsy tell me more about the timing of the popping. i read one of your threads and u were talking about popping on the claps and what you should be doing on the b-line. i dj aswell so this will prob make it easier for me to get, u know?
By benj
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 02:56 AM
poppsy tell me more about the timing of the popping. i read one of your threads and u were talking about popping on the claps and what you should be doing on the b-line. i dj aswell so this will prob make it easier for me to get, u know?
By shaggyPopsy
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 01:49 AM
ohk man hears the low down... the base-line can be irralivant if your just popping its more for boogaloo, So with popping you want a good funk song with a good clap, one that makes you wanna clap...like say umm george clinton-atomic dog, george clinton-shes a bad mamma jamma, Al hudson & one way- can i, then u listent to the clap and that tells you wen to pop, so u move and pop on the clap..... but Also wen u become advance, which u may already b u can skip claps or pop in the middle of claps azwell az the clap and so on,... for boogaloo or if you want to make your stuff more effective...ride the baseline, listen out for a base-line , this tells you wen to step, roll, move, its pretty much the basis of your style, remember that funk dancing iz more effective wen your more RELAXED, the more relaxed u are the better your pops, a lot of the boog moves, eg the boog step were arised from PIMPS, u know because they had that extra goofy feel, also picture your self acting like a cartoon, its more of a relaxed, cartoony, goofy style but organised... u KNOW so just keep practising, and listening, and dont let n e one put u down or nutin a man...RESPECT

PEACE
By benj
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 08:53 AM
thanks man, that does help actually. ill just keep practisin now!! feels like its gona take 3 life times though!! :->
By shaggyPopsy
On Wed Mar 22, 2006 02:35 AM
hahaha 3 life times....u may not realise but even after one week u could have improved immensly...u just need to keep opening up for ideas and styles u know

PEACE
By benj
On Wed Mar 22, 2006 02:45 AM
yeah your prob right man. i need to get my waves smoother, so they look more fluid, u know? any tips?
By shaggyPopsy
On Thu Mar 23, 2006 01:55 AM
hmmm waving, i suggest pretending your trying to roll a ball along your arm, u know if your rolling a bal along u dont want the ryd to b rough or it will fall off, ryt, so pretend that a ball is rolling and that wherever it iz it creates an indent in your straight arm....

ReplySendWatch