Poll: Highland / Highland - National

Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Wat is you LEAST favourite National Dance
By dancingformylife Comments: 454, member since Tue Jun 28, 2005
On Tue May 02, 2006 05:24 AM
I don't like the erol of eroli can't even spell it lol, its so different than highland i just find it aqward.
By because_I_canmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 395, member since Fri Jan 27, 2006
On Tue May 02, 2006 01:49 PM
I hate the flora with a passion. There are no arms, it is boring to watch, and there are only 6 steps total, toning down the selection quite a bit. It might be tollerable if it had something interesting like some spring points or arms, but nope.

The other one is the barracks, but it isn't too bad I guess, just really boring to do all the breaks.

Sorry. Slight vert on Flora-ness....
BIC
By shakentravel Comments: 44, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Tue May 02, 2006 08:29 PM
I despise the Scotch Measure because of the turns and the Village Maid because it's too walky. My biggest strength is elevation so "pretty dances"(as I like to call them) are not my strong point!
By highland40 Comments: 59, member since Sun Apr 02, 2006
On Wed May 03, 2006 08:09 AM
My least favorite is the Flora. I'm not sure if it's the pace or the steps or both, but I find it boring. I don't care for the Aboyne either. I prefer the tailored look and feel of the kilt. There's too much fullness to the Aboyne skirt and I feel like a ball of fluff in it. Not good.
By dancer_holland Comments: 196, member since Tue May 30, 2006
On Tue Jun 06, 2006 06:48 AM
Least favourite to dance is definitly the
Barracks Johnnie,I hate that dance!

I Love the flora. Like the bouncy music.
By RainyDance Comments: 510, member since Thu May 04, 2006
On Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:31 AM
Right now, my least favorite is the Flora. I mean, when I'm doing it onstage everything flows nice and smoothly, but practicing it is such tedious work!

I LOVE the earl of errol! It's one of my favorite dances, and for the same reason that you all seem to not like it. I love the music, and I love the way it's different than everything else, like almost backwards.
By Hannahmom Comments: 1090, member since Sat Apr 01, 2006
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 08:49 AM
It's funny a large % of dancers dislike the Flora. My daughter absolutly loves the Flora!! But she is almost 6 and is sick and tired of the PDB's, and she groans when we practise the sword. She likes the Lilt, but her favourite is the Flora, but I'm sure when she gets older and the National dances aren't so new, she'll have a least favourite!
By betty3704member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 369, member since Thu Mar 11, 2004
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 09:27 AM
I HAAAAATE the barracks - those stupid turns at the end....hate it. I don't mind the Flora too much actually - although it's near the bottom of the list for me as far as dances I'd rather do go....I like it better than the lilt though. But I HATE the barracks....
By momofthreedancrsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 971, member since Mon Jul 12, 2004
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 01:17 PM
When my daughter was a primary about to move to beginner they had just learned the lilt and where starting on the flora she loved both of them. Now as an Intermediate (only a little over a year later) she hates the flora, she says its boring because it has no arms and just hates the shuffles. She is still in love with the lilt because its pretty and because she's also helping her brother who just started dancing a few months ago learn the lilt, so its now fun to see him dance the lilt and figure out the arms that go with it.
re: Least favourite national dance
By littlebeckPremium member Comments: 113, member since Sun Jun 04, 2006
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 01:26 PM
My least favourite national dance would be the flora because I find it very tiring especially when it comes to the shuffles in the last step. I also find my arms get sore from holding my skirt through the whole dance. Maybe I get tired because I find it a boring dance but no offence meant to those who like it.
By charlanflingermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1428, member since Tue May 17, 2005
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 03:57 PM
Flora! Shuffles just irk me!!! :P and then theres the earl too... i think its a fun dance and i kinda like it, I just hate the leaps!
By live2dance_24 Comments: 89, member since Mon Aug 15, 2005
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 07:30 PM
I hate the laddie. The last step ruins it for me, who can honestly make that step look good? It's just so boring.
By UStoBCdancer Comments: 163, member since Sun Feb 05, 2006
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 03:03 PM
I dislike the Lilt WITH A PASSION.

I really do enjoy the Flora in competitions.
And I think the most fun to watch is the Blue Bonnets.
My least favorite to watch is the Johnny.

Hmm my opinions seem to be different from everyone elses...

Erin
By lilter27 Comments: 287, member since Sun Jun 18, 2006
On Sun Jun 18, 2006 02:53 PM
How could it not be the Earl of Errol!!??? The musci drives me crazy, the steps are annoying and we're bending our knees so much it feels like my thighs are gonna go up into flames!!!

*E*
By dancer_cookie Comments: 152, member since Fri Jul 14, 2006
On Wed Jul 19, 2006 05:40 PM
well i have 3
1.the earl of errol
2.the lilt
3.the flora
there a reason why hehe

dancer_cookie
By lacademie_femme Comments: 2, member since Tue Aug 29, 2006
On Tue Aug 29, 2006 05:03 PM
I really don't like the Flora, I think it's just because of lack of arms and the shuffles. Because of the lack of arms I just lack motivation while doing it. My favorite is definately Blue Bonnets though.
Wat is your least favourite National dance
By Dance_worm Comments: 118, member since Fri Sep 15, 2006
On Sun Sep 24, 2006 07:58 AM
I HATE THE FLORA. It is incedibly boring. I also hate the Barracks. It is too slow
By JiG_till_u_dropmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 225, member since Sat Mar 12, 2005
On Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:19 AM
Johnnie and Laddie are tied for the least. YUCK!
By Katie_x Comments: 753, member since Wed Aug 30, 2006
On Mon Sep 25, 2006 04:00 PM
I HATE the flora but only because of the shuffles, I don't really like scotch measure or the thistle either but i think its because i always forget them - maybe my fault for not learing them properly.

My silver national exam was the worst! 6 step Flora, 6 step lilt and 4 step Earl of Errol

I really like the lilt but 6 steps was just too much
By highland_babemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 653, member since Wed May 05, 2004
On Mon Sep 25, 2006 04:07 PM
I'd soooo rather do 5 swords in a row than do one earl..!
By wobbly_knees Comments: 74, member since Wed Sep 13, 2006
On Wed Sep 27, 2006 05:04 AM
there is no question about it- the flora is the absolute worst! i hate it so much. i had to do a 6 step 4 my nda lesser known exam 2 years ago and now i see there aren't ne interesting steps to do i hate it. I love the lilt because it is quite easy on the legs and it is usually one i can pull of at the end of a long day. i also love the blue bonnets and the village maid because they look really pretty (even though i don't know either of them that well considering i'm only noveice- perks of being the daughter of a dancing teacher i guess). Oh and i also hate tribute to jl mckenzie, it kills my legs and it is really confusing! Ggrrr i get frustrated just thinking about it!!!!
By dance_deva Comments: 4347, member since Mon Apr 14, 2003
On Wed Sep 27, 2006 08:44 AM
I don't know why everyone dislikes the flora so much lol!
I think my least favourite national has got to be the Barracks Johnny. I hate the last step!
By highlandstar Comments: 26, member since Wed Sep 13, 2006
On Fri Sep 29, 2006 01:40 PM
I hate the Scotch Measure way too many turns.....makes me sooo dizzy and i don't really like the steps...kind of a boring dance.
By jessica17 Comments: 233, member since Wed Jun 28, 2006
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:22 AM
My least national dance is the flora. i hate the last step, it makes me dizzy! :?

also i dislike doing the scotch measure. i get so dizzy with all the turns!! lol

Luv Jessica xx
By heff_young Comments: 10, member since Tue Sep 05, 2006
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 02:38 PM
I really don't know what everyone has against the flora - ok its not the most exciting, but the village maid is absolutly the worst dance ever, its so boring, i hate it. I'd rather do all of the listed dances in a row than doing to VM and that's saying something, but i despise that dance so much. TBH im not a fan of skirt dances altogether.
Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch