Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Pre Bronze Sailor's Hornpipe..costume
By laurbor
On Sun Mar 19, 2006 02:34 PM

Okee I have a question for you guys. I'm thinking about doing my Sailor's Hornpipe for medal tests (which are in like 3 weeks for me) but I do not have the time or money haha to get my outfit in time. Someone mentioned to me that I might be permitted to just wear black dress pants and a white t-shirt for my Pre Bronze. Is that true? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies to Pre Bronze Sailor's Hornpipe..costume

re: Pre Bronze Sailor's Hornpipe..costume
By ghilliegirl1592member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 19, 2006 02:54 PM
is there anyone you can borrow an outfit from, like someone else doing their tests. I did that, and even though it was huge and i had to pin the pants so i didnt trip it worked ok.

But I know a girl from my school who just wore black pants and white shirt to do her pre bronze and I think it was ok, because she got commended so she passed it and I dont think her lack of a costume effected the result
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Sun Mar 19, 2006 04:40 PM
If you are dancing BATD the requirements are listed under Acceptable Dress Codes as:

Trousers and a T-shirt.

I would imagine you would want to be in keeping with a traditional style of hornpipe trouser (with a flare from the knee down), and dark material with a bit of stretch. I would go with a white t-shirt or at least your school's t-shirt if they have one (with the school logo on it). Make sure the t-shirt isn't over baggy and fits propery to be able to get an idea of proper body alignment.

Good luck with your exam!
By laurbor
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 05:17 AM
Thank you!
By ceolasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 05:01 PM
YAY good luck :)

I'm doing my Bronze this year and I can't do my crabwalk step :(

ReplySendWatch