Forum: Arts / Religion

Religion
"In the beginning of DDN..." (karma: 22)
By calypsomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3453, member since Fri Aug 10, 2001
On Wed Mar 29, 2006 01:57 PM
Edited by calypso (11968) on 2006-03-29 14:01:25 typo

"In the beginning"...

There was Dance.net. Cool place, lots of different forums. As the site grew, so did the available topics at hand. A request was made, and a debates forum was added- with the caveat that religious topics, and arguments solely based on religion, were verboten.

In another little corner of DDN, a forum was created for GBLT discussions and support. This made sense to DDN, since the arts do tend to draw a larger than average percentage of the gay population, and so the forum was made. This forum was labelled a support forum, and therefore debates about homosexuality itself were not permitted. People wanting to debate those topics could go to the debate forum.

Next, people wanted a religion forum- where they COULD discuss AND DEBATE religious topics. After some thought, the Religion forum was created for this purpose.

Now, we must keep in mind "religion" does not always = Christianity. Hundreds of different religions means hundreds of different opinions,
and ideas. If one comes to a RELIGION forum, one must expect many different opinions and thoughts.

So far, Dance.net has not found a good reason to create 300+ forums to act as safe havens for every possible religion in the universe... and the minute we create one, there will be another to say, "well, the Unitarians got one..."...

Frankly- I doubt the entire XP server could handle that concept alone. Consider all the different denominations of Christianity alone, and I think you see the point.

To add, there are some things you cannot get here at DDN. While we allow some body/ sex questions, there are many that are removed. This means, if you really want to read or talk about some subjects, you must go elsewhere. Since "safe haven" religion forums are not currently offered here- the mods strongly suggest anyone seeking that kind of safety and security visit forums that are created solely to support and nurture their discussions and viewpoints.

We strive to keep DDN as open as possible, but even we have our limits. We are a dance site that offers "more", but not "everything". We hope you appreciate and accept our limitations, and enjoy it here for what we CAN provide.

The Mod Squad

10 Replies to "In the beginning of DDN..."

re: "In the beginning of DDN..."
By danzatrizmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1690, member since Thu Aug 14, 2003
On Thu Mar 30, 2006 08:07 PM
Edited by danzatriz (71624) on 2006-03-30 20:09:57
Edited by danzatriz (71624) on 2006-03-30 20:10:37

Could this post be made a sticky?

Nevermind it NOW, its just such a good post it HAD to be said.

Anyways, :D you've made my day qith this comment.
I couldn't agree anymore with what you are saying. I hope this sticks around in our heads at least for a while.
By gIitterfairy Comments: 0, member since Sat Apr 01, 2006
On Sat Apr 01, 2006 08:56 AM
U r going 2 burn in hell 4 dis!!!!!

Lotsa luv

xoxoxGIitterfairyxoxox
By kristie_bugmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1666, member since Tue Nov 16, 2004
On Sat Apr 01, 2006 01:51 PM
Wow... This is Awesome! Hopefully people will read this and realize, "Hey, I'm not the only one who feels this way... Others CAN say what they think, and ARE entitled to their own OPINION!"

Karma for YOU!

*Kristie*
By skippyjiggurl15 Comments: 589, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Sat Apr 01, 2006 03:19 PM
I just wanted to say that was a great post :) Definately karma for you :)
By Isla Comments: 1299, member since Tue Sep 06, 2005
On Sat Apr 01, 2006 03:23 PM
^ I have never seen that before ... how do you get karma 13/14?

Wierd...
By hollydawn Comments: 160, member since Wed Feb 02, 2005
On Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:53 AM
This would be an amazing concept if only it were not a one sided rule.... non-Christian people are entitled to mock and ridicule the Christians, but not the other way around. The minute a Christian tells someone that they are stupid, or don't know what they are talking about, or *gasp* are going to hell, then whoa, it's time to lock the posts and fetch the moderators......who are also completely biased on the subject.
re: "In the beginning of DDN..." (karma: 1)
By Pasdekatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6900, member since Sat Dec 29, 2001
On Tue Apr 18, 2006 07:42 PM
^I agree with you, definitely for the most part, execpt, no one ever ever has the right to tell another person they are going to Hell. Only God knows our hearts, and to say something like that to another person, is cruel, arrogant, unproductive, mean spirited, and unloving.
re: "In the beginning of DDN..." (karma: 1)
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Tue Apr 18, 2006 08:58 PM
The minute a Christian tells someone that they are stupid, or don't know what they are talking about, or *gasp* are going to hell, then whoa, it's time to lock the posts and fetch the moderators

Well for one.....saying that someone is going to hell is just rude.

You can certainly have your beliefs and that is fine.....but telling someone else that they are going to hell is extremely rude.

If you can't say something nicely than don't say it at all.
By hollydawn Comments: 160, member since Wed Feb 02, 2005
On Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:49 AM
Edited by hollydawn (121288) on 2006-04-21 11:50:10 typo
Ok, so could someone answer me this:
How "rude" is it for someone to tell you that it was good that your baby died. Because someone on here told me that a while ago, and when I contacted a moderator, they said that it was perfectly acceptable. And I never actually said that person was going to hell, by the way.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Sun Apr 23, 2006 09:43 AM
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-04-23 09:55:48 edit
Did you mod report it?

I don't remember seeing anything like that come across....although I will admit that due to my job I am often away.

Which mod told you that....I can look into it.

edit: Ok looked into it....it appears as if the mod in question looked into it and thought from your original post that you had told the other member that they were doomed based on the bible verses you qouted. And in this regard I have to agree with her.....based on those verses it does appear that you were trying to convert this person by fear of damnation. However when it comes to the baby thing all she said was that she COULD NOT find the post in question and that her suggestion to you was to try to ignore it. The only reason she said this was because you didn't link her to the post in question or if you did you have deleted the PM you sent her at least as far as I can tell with out the aid of a mod report.

ReplySendWatch