Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Girls & Guys PG-13
Sex FAQ: Read Before Posting (karma: 7)
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:08 PM
Edited by PinUpGirl (33197) on 2006-04-03 12:17:34 Ha, I knew English majors couldn't spell
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2006-04-04 22:29:32

Can I get pregnant from oral sex/a handjob?

No. Your digestive system and reproductive system are not connected. To prevent the spread of disease (and it makes cleanup quicker), you should use a condom during oral sex or a handjob.

Is outercourse (dry sex) really safer?

Yes. If you keep your clothes on, you cannot transmit an STI or get pregnant. You only risk pregnancy if his uncovered genitals touch your uncovered genitals.

I want to go on birth control for period pain, but I'm afraid my mom will think I'm having sex. What should I do?

Hopefully, your mom knows you well enough to know whether or not you're having sex. A good parent will foster the kind of environment where you won't be afraid to tell her what's going on. Be honest with her. Odds are, she notices how you struggle with your periods. A lot of girls who aren't sexually active are on the Pill for other reasons. If you are truthful and reasonable when you make this request, there shouldn't be any reason to worry.

I had penetrative sex, am I still a virgin?

In the simplest terms, no. Sex is defined as a penis entering a vagina. Virginity is much more complex than that. It entails innocence of body and mind. If you go around performing oral sex every weekend, you are not a virgin. If you have anal sex (some people try to justify this), you are not a virgin. Be you male or female, if you're sexually experienced without penetrative sex, you're not a virgin.

Should we use a condom if I'm on birth control?

Absolutely. If both are used correctly, the odds of pregnancy and transmission of disease are minimal. Birth control on its own is more likely to fail. It's worth it for the extra peace of mind.

My boyfriend/girlfriend wants me to give them oral sex, but I'm not sure. Should I do it?

If it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. You need to talk to your partner and express your discomfort. Explain to them why you're uncomfortable. A good partner will help you try and work out these problems. If you simply aren't sure of the mechanics, do a little research. There are several reliable sites that will offer advice.

Should I fake an orgasm?

This is a matter of personal preference, but I say no. Then you are making your partner believe they are doing something right when they aren't. Again, you need to communicate. Be as open with them as possible. It may be embarrassing at first, but it's the only way it will be resolved.

My boyfriend/girlfriend told me s/he masturbates. Does this mean something's wrong?

Absolutely not. It's perfectly natural to masturbate, even if you're married. Your partner can't always be available to satisfy you. Research has shown that people in happy, healthy relationships masturbate just as much as singles.

I hope this will help with the basic questions. If you have more specific or detailed questions, feel free to PM me.

26 Replies to Sex FAQ: Read Before Posting

re: Sex FAQ: Read Before Posting (karma: 1)
By odile_odettemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1996, member since Wed Jul 03, 2002
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:13 PM
Great post.

This answers a lot of questions Im sure many people are afraid to ask as they are afraid to look stupid. It will be very helpful for a lot of confused young members.
re: Sex FAQ: Read Before Posting
By dancerchica Comments: 1024, member since Mon Feb 24, 2003
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 02:47 PM
I agree, karma to you for a great post. Some of this seems pretty basic, but to a younger member, it's nice to have a "sexual summary." Thanks for posting.

~Brandy
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 02:51 PM
What seems basic to some of us is sometimes not obvious to even someone our own age. My Psych of Sex professor said she had a college student ask her if you could get pregnant from kissing. Some people are so ignorant of sex, it's scary. I wanted to put out the basics for those who are too afraid to ask and to prevent repeat posts.
By ballet_irish_gal Comments: 509, member since Fri Jan 23, 2004
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 03:22 PM
Sticky...me thinks this should be a sticky thread (mind the really bad pun)
By TheFlipmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 922, member since Mon Dec 01, 2003
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 03:44 PM
Edited by irishghillietoes (79102) on 2006-04-03 15:45:34
Edited by irishghillietoes (79102) on 2006-04-03 15:45:54
Heyyyy PinUpGirl... great post! Thanks for putting this up; sometimes I just want to slam my head on the keyboard because there are so many repeat posts.... :(
By matty_95 Comments: 25, member since Tue Apr 25, 2006
On Fri Apr 28, 2006 01:25 PM
thank you very much for that information i couldnt speek to my parents about that stuff thanks

love matty
xxxxxxx
By katydancer Comments: 12, member since Fri Feb 03, 2006
On Thu May 04, 2006 01:20 PM
Thank...but i have a question does that mean straght guys are always virgans because the diff. says that it is being penetrated my a penis????
On Fri May 05, 2006 11:12 AM
^^If you have had penetrative sex, be you the owner of the penis or the vagina, you are not a virgin. Obviously, you didn't take the time to read the rest of my response or you would've gotten the answer to that question.
By lilmissgiggles Comments: 751, member since Wed Oct 15, 2003
On Thu May 25, 2006 04:15 AM
wow i think you have said it all!!
By kazkaz Comments: 66, member since Wed Feb 08, 2006
On Fri Jun 09, 2006 02:33 PM
thanks for that post. it was very helpful
By BootScootinBabymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 632, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 08:13 PM
I think that's a pretty informative post, but the only part I don't agree with is:

If you go around performing oral sex every weekend, you are not a virgin.

Be you male or female, if you're sexually experienced without penetrative sex, you're not a virgin.

That's not actually a textbook definition of sexual intercourse. Performing oral sex is not losing your virginity. Mentally, for some people, it is. Physically, it is not.

Other than that, great info!

Amy
On Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:50 AM
^The dictionary definition of virgin only applies to straight females. What does that mean for straight males, gays, and lesbians? Are they perpetually virgins because they never had their hymen broken by a penis? This is obviously problematic because males don't have hymens in the first place. I think everyone can agree that it's a ridiculously narrow minded definition.

Oral sex is still a sexual act. I also know that most would agree it's more intimate than sexual intercourse. If you're having oral sex to maintain your technical virginity, you're still not a virgin even if you have a hymen. It's logic like yours that allows people to absolve themselves of so called "bad" or "dirty" acts in the eyes of society and their chosen faith when they are decidedly NOT innocent.
By dance_beth Comments: 17, member since Mon Jun 12, 2006
On Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:43 PM
good post, it will awnser a lot of peoples worrying questions!
By emo_dancer15 Comments: 22, member since Sun Jul 02, 2006
On Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:20 PM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-07-13 13:57:48 Way to much information! Please don't offer up such personal information, unless it's asked for!
i love to jack off
ithink its the best thing ever
it relevies stress and jsut lets you have a good
time and you dont need anyones help, unless you want it :P
By Gumby_18 Comments: 104, member since Tue Feb 17, 2004
On Sun Jul 23, 2006 09:16 PM
Great post. As to the "am I a virgin if I've had oral sex" question... if there is a risk of sexually transmitted disease, is that considered losing your virginity? That's what they told us in health class at least.

Gumby
By xox_dancer09_xox Comments: 265, member since Sat Nov 12, 2005
On Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:48 AM
well done for posting that!

i needed to see those answers lol karma for you !

this is a great post thank you for writting it!!!

x x x x
By xox_dancer09_xox Comments: 265, member since Sat Nov 12, 2005
On Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:49 AM
well done for posting that!

i needed to see those answers lol karma for you !

this is a great post thank you for writting it!!!

x x x x
By Becz_x Comments: 3, member since Sun Aug 06, 2006
On Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:20 AM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-08-10 00:08:53 netspeak is against dance.net rules. You must spell out all words when posting.
Great post

im kinda new so i dont really know all about this sorta stuff but that was a great post when i said new i meant to dance.et no sex lol hehe luv ya becz_x
By dancegirl11a Comments: 206, member since Fri Jan 19, 2007
On Mon Jun 11, 2007 01:19 PM
KARMA for you
By love_life_dance Comments: 350, member since Tue Mar 22, 2005
On Sat Aug 11, 2007 05:17 AM
great post and most issues well dealt with but there are a few things i don't agree with.

i don't agree with the statement that giving oral sex makes someone not a virgin...maybe you wouldnt be mentally but in my opinion, not physically. i agree that you cant simply go by the dictionary definition, there are too many exceptions but i still think that oral sex is different from sexual intercourse and i would personally class losing virginity as having sexual intercourse - penetrative sex.

also i don't think you can completely rule out pregnancy from oral sex or handjobs/fingering. it is a very very minimal chance but the chance is there nonetheless if for example a guy has semen on his fingers and puts them inside you, or if you have it on your hands and touch yourself down there or something like that. extremely remote danger i know im just saying you shouldnt completely rule it out.

---increase the peace---
love ali xoxox
On Sat Aug 11, 2007 02:36 PM
A lot of people feel that if you're sexually experienced, you're not a virgin. It's an antiquated definition, anyway. Only heterosexual females can be virgins. What about straight guys? Lesbians? Gay men? Are they all virgins because they've never had their hymens broken? I think most people would agree with that. Ultimately, virginity comes down to how the person feels about themself, but under that definition, my boyfriend is still a virgin and I'm not.

Make sense?
By dancerox101 Comments: 45, member since Mon Sep 17, 2007
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 09:45 PM
another question...
what if the penis doesnt enter the vagina, but merely touches it for like 2 seconds?
On Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:48 AM
As stated previously, an uncovered penis + an uncovered vagina could = pregnancy.
By nicinoodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1283, member since Sun May 06, 2007
On Mon Sep 22, 2008 01:21 PM
really good post, will help alot of people on here x
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch