Popular Irish

just a few pictures/selfies from my recent feis adventures by lightfoot_champ
I just thought I would post a few photos from my last couple of competitions. 1. This was before...

Forum: Modern / Praise/Liturgical

Praise/Liturgical
How To Start/Run A Dance Ministry and/or School en>fr fr>en
By GloryDancer4Him Comments: 117, member since Tue May 17, 2005
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 02:02 PM

im 21 and considering starting a dance academy.and id like to select students from the school to be a part a a traveling dance ministry. so i guess i want to start two things. anyone have any idea how to go about starting this? im currently studying for a B.S. in nutritional science. i have NO knowledge about running a business. are there any classes in college that i should take? if anyone had a school or knows someone who does could you tell me how they got started and how they managed to sucessfully run it?

10 Replies to How To Start/Run A Dance Ministry and/or School

How to start a Praise Dance School en>fr fr>en
By LivingSoulDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 296, member since Thu Oct 21, 2004
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 03:24 PM
Hi Glory Dancer for Him.

My name is Richelle & I own a praise dance school.
See: LivingsoulWorshipingArts.com

I would say to you; What God has planed for your life, NOTHING can stop it from happening! He will guide you & prepare you!

Our praise dance school grew out of, “The Favor of God.”
I was teaching praise dance classes at my church & I put on a praise dance concert using the children that I was teaching. A children’s director who saw the concert asked me to come to their church & teach their children. I started teaching classes at her church & there where so many children that came to take classes that I literally had to hire someone to come & help me teach them.

There you have it! A praise dance school was started.
I had no formally business education, just a love for children & enough since to get help from people in the areas that I had no knowledge in.

I hope that encourages you!

Blessings to you,
Minister Richelle
(Director & Founder)
Living Soul Worshiping Arts Center- Laurel, Md.
Thank You Richelle en>fr fr>en
By GloryDancer4Him Comments: 117, member since Tue May 17, 2005
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 03:57 PM
Thanks,
i think that thats what ill do. i have 3 years of experience teaching littel kids 2-13 but more often 2-5. and thats who i love teaching. i will take some jazz,ballet, and modern classes to expand my termenology and movements. like this fall i will be taking my first real jazz class. im so excited!!!! my dream is to start a traveling teen dance ministry aswell as one for 5-7 or 8 years. i remember wat the last recital before Katrina i choreographed "Above All" by Michael W. Smith and the anointing seemed to be reigning on my 4-5 yr old class then the older girls!!!! i want to show ppl that even the little little kids have anointing too :)
re: How To Start/Run A Dance Ministry and/or School en>fr fr>en
By LivingSoulDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 296, member since Thu Oct 21, 2004
On Tue Apr 04, 2006 09:23 AM
I love "Above All" by Micheal Smith!
I know that was a tear jerker.

Blessings,
Richelle
re: Thank You Richelle en>fr fr>en
On Wed Apr 05, 2006 05:45 PM
Glorydancer4him,

We have the same heart. :)
Blessing to you & I will be praying for you.

Richelle
Pray en>fr fr>en
By renee15 Comments: 3, member since Mon Apr 24, 2006
On Mon May 15, 2006 06:52 AM
In order to start a dance ministry first of you have to be saved and know God for who he really is. Then you have to worship and be obedient to his word. In order to start a ministry you have to pray about it or you have to be called to do it. Liturgical dance is a ministry called by God just like preaching. You have to pray and aks God is this really for me. Everybody that dances is not called to ministe through dance. Next thing you have to do if God called you to do his word is pray about the people that god wants you to have. They have to be saved aslo and called to do his teachings through. Dance can deliver people and even demona can be cast out of them. You also have to take classes because dance ministry is interpreted through hip pop, ballet, modern, sign laguage, drama, parables, african, etc. Never limit what you can do that can tuch people. Most of all never limit God.
The Calling to Dance... en>fr fr>en
On Thu May 18, 2006 04:52 PM
Edited by LivingSoulDance (110285) on 2006-05-18 17:02:52
How do you know you are called into the ministry of dance?

Well, it's nothing Spooky or Mystical!

It’s really very simple. Here are a few ways to recognize you’re called to the ministry of dance. God speaks to us through:

1) Dreams- Do you see dances in your dreams at night?
2) Visions - When you turn on music, do you see choreography? Did God give you a vision of owning a dance school or teaching dance? Do you drive past abandon buildings and say to yourself, "I wonder what it would be like to have a dance studio there?"
3) An Unction or a Strong Passion -Do you have a passion for children or for teaching dance?
4) A Spoken Word from the Holy Spirit - Did you hear the Holy Spirit's audible voice concerning this? Listen, He speaks in more then one way! Don't limit your self to just this.
5) The confirmation of other believers- Are other people confirming that you have a natural gift for what you are doing?
5) Natural Gifts & Talents the match your hearts desires - Can you dance? Do you have natural rhythm& body placement? Can you teach? Are you a good administrator? Do you get along easily with people? Are you a problem solver & a leader?

God put those dreams, passions, gifts & talents inside of you!

God doesn't have a problem with communicating His will to you!
He wrote His will on the tables of your heart when you where born!
Follow it!

We pray because we LOVE talking to God, not because we don't know what to do with our lives!

And if you pray; you will find out, God love's talking back! :D He's a friend who is closer than a brother. If He's your friend, why would He not talk to you? Why would He leave you hanging? He's talking. Just Listen!

Blessings,
Richelle
LivingSoulWorshipingArts.com - Director/Founder! :D
new dance academy en>fr fr>en
By dancingmiracle Comments: 203, member since Sat Dec 11, 2004
On Sat Jun 24, 2006 06:48 PM
Hello!
I realize your message was posted long ago, but I could'nt help but reply. Have you started your business yet? How is it going?

I believe God put dancing in my heart for a reason. It's part of his plan, and I will use my gifts to serve him.

We our currently relocating our school to another communtiy due to my husbands employment. Our move was also a part of GOd's plan.
We now have our own building , (we were dancing in a church), I have a dance degree and am a former professioanl modern dancer. Our goals are to increase the awareness of dance as a professiona and an art form (dance suffers in our new communtiy,... bad studios everywhere!)and to use it as a language to minister to ourselves and others as our adult and youth companies tour. Our busniess is starting to blossom, and hopefully will take flight our first full school year (fall 2006). There are about 14 dance studios in this communtiy, a lot for a small town, ... and I am not worried. I have had to start up my business twice now,... and I mmust say it is well worth it. You'll have to make a few sacrifices and take some risks, but it will all pay off.
Wonderful Advice en>fr fr>en
By CelebrationDncer Comments: 4, member since Wed Jul 19, 2006
On Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:02 AM
Hi,

Thanks so much for the guidance and concrete examples of how you put together your Praise school.

I have been asked to help start a Liturgical dance group at my church. I have been trying to find a lot of information about how to do this for a meeting on Sunday.

Your advice for letting God lead the way was just want I needed to remember.

Many blessings!
Mary : )
re: How To Start/Run A Dance Ministry and/or School en>fr fr>en
By ballerinagirl06 Comments: 779, member since Fri Mar 05, 2004
On Mon Aug 07, 2006 09:42 PM
Hi, all.

Have any of you heard of or seen Ballet Magnificat! ? They are a touring Christian Ballet company whose goal is to glorify the Lord with their dancing. It's really a neat ministry. They tour around the US and the world and bring the good news of Jesus Christ with them. They are based in Jackson, MS. They have a school of the arts there, where they teach ballet, modern, jazz, and praise-type dancing.

Check out their website: balletmagnificat.com

This is a ministry that is devoted to serving the Lord and to excellence in dancing. I've seen several of their performances and I have to say, they're fantastic. I went to their summer program a few weeks ago and it's like nothing I've ever experienced before.

If you have any questions about Ballet Magnificat!, feel free to PM me or post them here. I learned alot about the company and their ministry by being there and getting to know some of the company members.
ballet mag en>fr fr>en
By dancingmiracle Comments: 203, member since Sat Dec 11, 2004
On Tue Aug 08, 2006 07:24 AM
I have wanted to attend their teacher training workshops in the past, however, I was a bit confused by their website. Do they have teacher training workshops that are seperate from the student workshops? If so, how do you register for this event?

ReplySendWatchDraw