Forum: Skating / Skating Photos - Members

chinese spiral
By Ic3ang3lmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 07:07 PM

this is from one of my latest competitions... what do you think?

13 Replies to chinese spiral

re: chinese spiral
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 07:41 PM
Very good! Try to straighten out your standing leg though.
Chinese spiral? I've never heard it called that before. I've always heard it called a catch foot. You learn something new everyday I guess!
By Hannipaunts
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 08:44 PM
That is so kool. Jst striaghten yr leg. Did ya win???

P.S. I COULD NEVER DO THAT!
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:43 PM
Very nice, work on brining your foot even higher, (pulled into your body more)
By kt_dancer05
On Fri Apr 07, 2006 02:05 PM
that really good.. but try and pull you foot higher and your leg straighter and then it will be near perfect!!!!

from kate.
By lipinskifan4evamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 02:02 AM
We call them leg lifts or catch foots. try to straighten that lower leg. Also I think it would be nice if you looked at your hand whilst doing it.

Lipinskifan4eva
By Cbladezstd1313
On Sat Apr 15, 2006 09:17 PM
^^ We call the trick when you pull your leg in front of you a leg lift.

Eh.. to each his own.
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 17, 2006 06:01 AM
Chinese spiral eh! That looks really nice. Yeah you should experiment with your free hand position - straight up, or down, or you could even move in an arc while skating.

I could never understand how people do the opposite hand/leg 'chinese spiral' thing. Mao Asada does it, so do alot of others. I cant get it! I end up looking like a .. doughnut.
By Erinyean_Dreams
On Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:33 AM
Jump, I'm exactly the same way ! I cannot get the opposite arm/opposite leg position no matter how hard I try. I attribute it to my short arms though. LoL.

Very nice Chinese spiral, Ic3ang3l. Is this a competition or a show you're performing in (I'm asking only because of the skating out-fit) ?

As every-one mentioned, straighten your standing leg (harder said than done !), and experiment with other positions, as well. Different arm and head positions can be used in different programmes, so have fun trying new moves. :)
By back_n_black
On Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:40 PM
Your catch leg has very good potencal. As others said, make sure your supporting leg is straight. Also, when this is improved, try pulling your leg with the oposite hand. It uses less leg flexibility and more back.

-Krysteena
By sk8starmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 09:57 AM
It looks really good! Be sure to really arch your back, it makes the line of the spiral look even better! Oh and I love your dress, it's really cute!!! What was this number for?
By icebabe
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 04:54 PM
hey i love your chinese spiral and your dress were r u from and did u win your comp and wht lvl r u ur can e-mail me or pm me ok bubi
luv kirsty(uk)
By tribedancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:20 AM
just make your supporting leg strait and it will look great!

i've heard that at the national level of figure skating they may put a very very small limit on the numer of times you can touch your blade...i think it's a good rule, because when you watch on tv, everyone does it the same and it's boring...although it's pretty cool!
By Ic3ang3lmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 25, 2006 08:18 PM
it was for a competition and the song was angel by sarah mclachlan. thanx for all of the compliments and advice!!!! oh and by the way i got 2nd...

thanx!!!!

ReplySendWatch Draw