Forum: Highland / Highland - Teachers Only

More questions
By Irene1
On Thu Apr 06, 2006 07:27 PM

Hello All

It seems the the thread is a little slow lately. It is now five weeks until my exam and I promise just a few more questions. They won't all be in the same post as not to overwhelm or frustrate.

1. In the the first note on page 56 of the textbook, is preparation also made to fourth intermediate aerial in preperation for the ninth basic reel step (highcut in fron and balance) as for the balance movement?

2. On the same note - do I extend before the assemble, just after the disassemble, when beginning the movement from first position?

3. How would I teach degrees of turn?

4. What is a 1/2 Tulloch and how is performed?

5. On the tenth basic reel step (shuffle), do I extend my left foot just prior to the left foot assemble in bar 5 on the last shuffle of the series?

6. Where is the extention to on count 2 in the third basic reel step (balance and Pas de Basque)?

2 Replies to More questions

re: More questions
By Rockstep
On Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:42 PM
1. yes
2. Which movement? The high-cut infront? There wouldn't be an assemble or a disassemble, just a release to 4th int aer and a hop when you high-cut infront.
3. When kids are starting out learning, you don't need to be so specific as to degrees. (unless they are doing theory). They just might not understand. Just tell them what their body needs to do, when it needs to do it, which way to turn and how it should feel.
4. 1/2 tulloch is a version of the reel. It has the setting steps with a propelled pivot turn after each. It can be done on its own or after a strathspey.
5. yes, complete the shuffle.
6. A balance ends in 4th int aer (count 2)
re: More questions
By Irene1
On Fri Apr 07, 2006 08:18 AM
Thanks for the answers.

I read through question 2 again and couldn't remember why I asked that question. It made no sense to me when I read it again.

ReplySendWatch