Popular Teachers

Looking for a great tap arrangement of any of these song...help! by teachtap
For adult advance tap dancers.....hoping to put a medley together with these songs: Gotta Dance,...

Forum: Adults / 20 Something

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
20 Something
Ever consider a dance tattoo? en>fr fr>en
By danceaprilann Comments: 137, member since Wed Oct 27, 2004
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 02:56 PM

My sister wanted me to get a tattoo with her.. I really don't think I love anything so much to get a tattoo of it except dance. I was thinking maybe some pointe shoes would be kind of cool. But I don't know. Just wondering if anyone else has or is getting a tattoo to represent dance?

30 Replies to Ever consider a dance tattoo?

re: Ever consider a dance tattoo? en>fr fr>en
By ninaballerina6Premium member Comments: 564, member since Thu Mar 30, 2006
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 03:27 PM
I don't have a tattoo, but I have often considered one. I also thought about getting ballet shoes or something like that. I talked myself out of it everytime because (no matter how much I love dance) I didn't want to look at it when I was old and wrinkly and wonder why on earth I had little ballet shoes tattooed on me. If you really want to though, go for it!
tattoos ? en>fr fr>en
By x_Imogen_x Comments: 280, member since Fri Jan 14, 2005
On Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:59 PM
My aunty had a tattoo done a couple of years ago,
she is a dancer .(she is now 19)
She has it behind her right ear.
It is a stick-man.
(the kind you do with lines)
Of a ballerina with a red tutu.
I don't have a picture but its the coolest I have seen.
She can cover it up for job interviews.
Hope this helps.
Happy Dancing.
X_IMOGEN_X
if you get a tattoo, get it oiut of main view!!!!!!! en>fr fr>en
By BillSoto Comments: 25, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 06:47 AM
if you get a tattoo, get it out of main view!!!!!!! tattoos on neck, arms, chest, legs, stomach, etc are too out there and may prevent you from getting jobs or whatever. they have the right to say no to tattoo people because who they hire represents them. you at 50 owning a business you want kids without visible body ink or customers may be intimidated or driven away. the tattoo is for you and not for the others. above the back of the bikini bottom many girls get it for beach time. on your back behind your shoulder or inside your bikini, your butt cheeck too, inside your hip, etc. i got mine at 16 on the back of shoulder. people saw it at the beach or intimately. or you try a fake one and tell people is real for a week and see. put it out in view and later in. do surveys. ask employers if they would hire a person with a tattoo in view. ask dif employers. remember that is for life.
carefull...... is for life. en>fr fr>en
By BillSoto Comments: 25, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 06:53 AM
tattoos on neck, arms, chest, legs, stomach, etc are too out there and may prevent you from getting jobs or whatever. they have the right to say no to tattoo people because who they hire represents them. you at 50 owning a business you want kids without visible body ink or customers may be intimidated or driven away. the tattoo is for you and not for the others. of course you'll show it, but at your discretion and to who you want. above the back of the bikini bottom many girls get it for beach time. on your back behind your shoulder or inside your bikini, your butt cheeck too, inside your hip, etc. i got mine at 16 on the back of shoulder. people saw it at the beach or intimately. or you try a fake one and tell people is real for a week and see. put it out in view and later in. do surveys. ask employers if they would hire a person with a tattoo in view. ask dif employers. remember that is for life.
By DIVA286 Comments: 20, member since Sun Jan 23, 2005
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 08:27 AM
My tattoo is the chinese symbol for dance. I know chinese symbols are taboo but I'm definitely not a ballerina and wasn't about to get pointe shoes (I'm more lyrical and jazz) It's small and I had it placed on my left ankle. It's very easy to cover up so I haven't had a problem with it. Before you get one just know that they're permanent. It might be a good idea to try a temporary and see if you like it.
By Eirynn Comments: 13, member since Tue Apr 18, 2006
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:39 PM
hmmm.... haven't thought of that one before. Now that you mention it, I have to think about it. I am one for the more dramatic poses like a prostrate-ballerina-on-the-floor-at-the-feet-of-a-male-dancer-silhouette probably.
By dgdancr Comments: 2, member since Thu Apr 27, 2006
On Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:49 PM
I actually have a dance tatoo...I got it about two years ago, when I was a senior in college. It's a stick figure dancer on the inside of my right leg, right above my ankle...I wish I had a pic on this computer so I could show you. I've gotten a lot of compliments about it too. It kind of looks like a chinese symbol and every so often people will ask what it means, but all in all, I love it! Dance is something I will always be involved in so I figured why not? The only advice I could give you, would be to find a design or exactly what you want...then wait 6 months, if you still want it, then go for it! just make sure its something you won't get sick of and that you love!
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Fri Apr 28, 2006 05:32 AM
hiya

i was thinking of getting
a dance tattoo,if they have
a chinese symbol that means dance anyway!!!lol!!!

dont want something too OTT or "in your face"

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By DancerbyGodmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1178, member since Sun Nov 20, 2005
On Tue May 09, 2006 09:11 AM
There is no way I would ever be brave enough to get a tattoo, but yes I have played around with the idea of a "dance-related" tattoo.

Go for it hon! My suggestion though: if you DO have any reservations, get the SMALLEST one you can! ;)

Good luck!

~DbG~
By meeshmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1213, member since Tue Jan 28, 2003
On Wed May 17, 2006 12:29 AM
I have one. I got it for my 18th birthday, I absolutely adore it, and plan to get it mirror imaged on my other shoulder.

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/babe_ballerina/mytattoo.jpg'

That's it about 20 minutes after I got it done - taken with my cell phone haha.
By Bada82 Comments: 22, member since Wed May 17, 2006
On Wed May 17, 2006 01:44 PM
ya i think it would be cool is its a tattoo that looks more like a symbol or means dance than just a dancer on your skin. you should look at photos of dance tattoo online. im sure there are a lot out there.
By Amber82member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 773, member since Wed Mar 24, 2004
On Thu May 18, 2006 12:03 PM
Edited by Amber82 (87927) on 2006-05-18 12:06:03
I have a dance related tattoo,i thought long and hard about what to get and came up with something important to me.

I got it because i knew dance would always be important to me, and i wouldn't ever regret having it like some people i know who just picked a clip art picture of the wall or the internet, and have lived to regret it since

Heres a link to a picture of it dance.net . . .

Hope wou like it :)

xx

PS Babe_ballerina i absolutly adore yours!
tattoo en>fr fr>en
By comak Comments: 16, member since Mon Feb 06, 2006
On Thu May 18, 2006 02:23 PM
Well I'm strongly against tattoo's but a close friend of mine said just got one the other day and I didn't have to kill her. The reason I didn't kill her was because it was more than just a tattoo, it really ment something to her and she wanted to show that part of herself on the outside. So I'm not saying get one but if you do make it count!
By meeshmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1213, member since Tue Jan 28, 2003
On Mon May 22, 2006 12:48 AM
Aww thanks Amber. I adore it too. When I saw it a couple of years ago on some website, I fell in love with it and had to have it.

I absolutely love yours too. That's definately a cool concept. I love the look of Arabic, and the placement is great.
tattoo en>fr fr>en
By ldancer Comments: 3, member since Mon May 22, 2006
On Mon May 22, 2006 01:36 AM
i considered getting pointe shoes on my ankle, but im kinda afraid of the pain. i love dance and dance is me, so im sure one day i will have a tattoo that represents that.
tattoo en>fr fr>en
By ldancer Comments: 3, member since Mon May 22, 2006
On Mon May 22, 2006 01:38 AM
i considered getting pointe shoes on my ankle, but im kinda afraid of the pain. i love dance and dance is me, so im sure one day i will have a tattoo that represents that.
By missjennifer Comments: 504, member since Mon Mar 15, 2004
On Mon May 29, 2006 05:46 PM
A collegue of mine at the studio I'm at has a dance related tattoo. It is right in the middle of her back, on her spine. It is a ballerina standing in 5th position and her arms reaching to the sky. It's really neat b/c when she bends over the tattoo actually grows and reaches up her back.
Mmm hmm.... en>fr fr>en
By hellagood_dancer Comments: 7, member since Tue Sep 06, 2005
On Wed May 31, 2006 05:04 AM
Mmm hmm, I sho nuff thought about gettin a dance tattoo. But I'm a hip-hopper, so ain't 'gon be no ballerina shoes on me. So if anybody got any suggestions lemme know. Aiight then y'all, peace.
By vanessa441 Comments: 11, member since Mon Mar 13, 2006
On Thu Jun 01, 2006 07:37 AM
I think if you want a tattoo representing dance thats great! go for it! Just make sure you're in love with the tattoo itself and wont regret seeing it on your body every day! Im supposed to be getting mine soon Im still trying to find the right one!
By dewlapidatedmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 22, member since Sun Feb 26, 2006
On Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:15 PM
tattoos, yes. dance tattoos, not so much. but that's what's great about them, it's all up the the individual. After I break an ankle or whatever, I plan on getting something Art Nouveau-esque, like Mucha or Beardsley inspired. I come from a family of tattoo aficionados, I can't be the only one without any!
By dance_starlet Comments: 527, member since Mon Feb 21, 2005
On Tue Jun 27, 2006 09:06 AM
i know someone who has "Le Danseur" written in cursive writing across the back of her neck, i thought that was pretty cool!
I love the idea en>fr fr>en
By TapEstry Comments: 4, member since Fri Jul 07, 2006
On Fri Jul 07, 2006 01:24 PM
I think the stick figure ballerina is great! I wonder if they could do a stick figure tapper? Also, the chinese symbol for dance is taboo, but they have celtic/tribal dance symbols, too...that might be cool...
By Lindiana Comments: 30, member since Sat Jun 12, 2004
On Fri Jul 21, 2006 01:50 PM
I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for some time now. I just cant find the right one to get. I was thinking of getting on on my lower back just above my crack (lol too much info). I would like to get a figure of a modern dancer doing some pose of some sort. I want it to show the muscular lines of a strong woman. Does anyone know any sites that have dance tattoos or images?
By Lindiana Comments: 30, member since Sat Jun 12, 2004
On Fri Jul 21, 2006 01:52 PM
I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for some time now. I just cant find the right one to get. I was thinking of getting on on my lower back just above my crack (lol too much info). I would like to get a figure of a modern dancer doing some pose of some sort. I want it to show the muscular lines of a strong woman. Does anyone know any sites that have dance tattoos or images?
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch