Forum: General / Ballroom / Tango

Take The Lead!!
By Breemica
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 04:08 PM

Oh my goodness, the routine that Antonio Banderas and the blonde did in the detention for those kids was AMAZING!! I love the tango and that just made me love it more! All my students keep asking me to teach them the tango now. LOL.

19 Replies to Take The Lead!!

re: Take The Lead!!
By twin
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 04:51 PM
Hello!

I know exactly what you mean. The Tango is just so .. fantastic and expressive - but hard to perfect!

Angie
By soulfiremember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:08 PM
i have always wqanted to try tango but i dont have anyone to take lessons with :( so i'm waiting for my wedding...like 20 years away so that i can force my husband to take dance lessons. muahahaha

-erin
By Breemica
On Sun Apr 09, 2006 06:05 PM
Oh, tango is my favorite dance!
By blackshoes
On Thu Apr 13, 2006 02:55 PM
yeah, decent routine, but you gotta admit: the movie sucked big time!!!
By danca_till_i_die
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 04:38 AM
hiya does anyone no if theres a website for take the lead ?
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 06:10 AM
The tango dance scene was hot. I've never down any kind of ball room dancing, but have always wanted to try it. I thought the movie was nice entertainment and a cool idea to honor a dance instructor in a movie. I enjoyed the trio dancing in the competition at the end as well. I definitely want the soundtrack because of it's a toe tapper for sure!
By hypernicitymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 07:47 PM
i saw that movie, i JSUT got home from it and ive been thinking about starting ballroom and now ive pretty much decided i am going to. i just hope i wont get frustrated because i know i will learn a lot slower that the kdis in the movie. anyway, ims tarting this summer and i cant wait!
I love Tango!
By Breemica
On Sat Apr 15, 2006 08:24 PM
Well, I teach it and compete in it and it is my favorite dance! Well, Tango and Rhumba are tied for my fav.
By westernballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 07:41 PM
oh my gosh as snobby as that girl was she was great.
stacy
TAKE THE LEAD
By ladida_dancrgrl
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:47 AM
omg i saw the movie this past weekend and loved it. i'm not picky about movies though so if you thought it sucked oh well, to me it was great. but i agree about the tango routine with that snobby blonde girl was sooooo awesome. i took a tango class before and it was great...but nothing like the one in the movie. i think i'll start taking lessons again.
By livdancebreathe
On Fri Apr 21, 2006 08:02 PM
I just got home from the movie, and I'm taking ballroom over the summer. I'm SO excited!
By Heidi2member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 22, 2006 07:18 PM
OOOO HHH i can't wait to See it lol!!

Love }|eidi XxX
By xSupastarxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon May 01, 2006 12:33 PM
Oooo, I loved it. I came out the cinema dancing! The actual plot was a bit too cliché and stereotyped, but the dancing was beatuiful! I'm starting ballroom dancing as soon as my exams are over because of that film! ;)
By tangomaciste
On Mon May 01, 2006 04:54 PM
Well, I must admit I am rather new to dancing and I started with tango.
It's difficult but sooo charming...
Take the Lead
By BalletAlyssa
On Tue May 02, 2006 08:05 PM
Oh my god! Take the Lead is an amazing movie. I am a ballet dancer but have been interested in learning the tango for a while now. But after seeing that movie I just got even more motivated to learn it. My only problem if finding a good school where I can take summer classes near me. Any one that hasn't seen Take the Lead MUST go see it as soon as possible.
By mcfreestyler
On Wed May 03, 2006 02:03 AM
hi there, i saw the film too and it blew me away. some really good tango moves, i wish i could dance like antonio banderas!!
By dancer_4lyf
On Tue May 09, 2006 11:26 AM
wow i know its ace the whole film is ace too lol :)
By tinkabell2
On Sat May 27, 2006 03:52 PM
it was amazing when i was watching it i just wanted to get up and dance
tinkxx
By kerplooey_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 28, 2006 08:09 PM
holy cow that tango made the movie theatre so hot...:-P i totally wanted to just grab my boyfriend (who's hundreds of miles away at the moment :-/) and TANGO. it was so amazing. i probably would have liked it better if the blonde wasn't such a snob, though. but antonio banderas!! hothothothothot :D

-kerplooey

p.s the argentine tango on So You Think You Can Dance (6/28) was uber hottt too. *salivates*

ok i promise i'm done now. *angel face*

ReplySendWatch