Poll: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Who should win So You Think You Can Dance? (karma: 1)
By louie2003
On Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:12 PM

Who are you guys voting for? I can't decide!

16 Replies to Who should win So You Think You Can Dance?

re: Who should win So You Think You Can Dance?
By leezathebaleriza
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 04:24 AM
i dont really understand how to vote!? lol.... :S im going for daniel, or anita, or sharnika... or justin.. lol i really enjoy an aspect of every performer! its actually quite annoying because i cant decide! but i think i secretly want daniel to win, just coz i know him. lol.
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:20 PM
Hey Leeza, you vote on the general board. The topic should be to the right.

I want Anita to win. I think the fact that she does well in all the different dance styles, and shows her versatility in the solos is amazing.
By leezathebaleriza
On Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:07 AM
hehe thanks sparks_nz, that was really logical! (hits head)
By delnz99
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 01:43 AM
Anita was the best dancer that I saw when I watched the show so I vote for her.
By J_O_S_I_E
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 05:22 PM
im going for sharnika lol just realised what i posted on the other board should have gone here so you get a double dose...sorry. Yea shes just awesome at everything aye and so young she hasnt even had full time training. Dont get me wrong Anitas awesome but shes already had training and been a professional...i dunno it just bothers me for some reason lol and sharnikas one of my best mates yea u might have guessed so yea that makes me just a tad biased....haha. yay im so excited for the final!!!
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:26 PM
ok so whats the prize? An extra months training and then representation by an agency?

I think that Anita should win over Sharnika, for the reasons you stated above Josie. Because Anita HAS had training, she IS more versatile, and would cope better with being shoved straight into professional work.

Sharnika I think is quite young, and could do with 2 or 3 years of professional training before she stops having the support of a teacher and tries to make it through auditions alone. It's hard work being a professional, and without a teacher correcting your every move.

Maybe I'm just biased because I am older, but I think moving to LA and away from her support network and trying to go pro without any professional training, would be TERRIBLE for sharnika.

But anyways, i am SOO glad the best 4 are in the final!!

p.s. FIRE THE CAMERA DIRECTOR!!
By Angelmum
On Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:49 AM
Whenever Sharnika does a duo, she is absolutely stunning, it's as if she steps up a notch and she looks fantastic, mature beyond her years, however, I just sense that her solos, whilst excellent in musicality and execution, are not quite there....I think that Sharnika is a star of the future and this show has given her exposure that she may not have gotten just plodding along to competitions etc.
She's attractive and seems pretty smart and I know she'll go a long way.

Of course, I have always LOVED Anita, I love the edgy risks she takes and her unusual slant to any dance she does. She's the winner.
By J_O_S_I_E
On Tue Apr 18, 2006 03:24 PM
Fair enough sparks_nz I do see your point, Anita probably would cope better having had professional experience, but the fact that she has had full time training does not autimatically make her more versatile; her training is in ballet and contemporary alone, as far as i know, whereas sharnika has done everything under the sun except for full time...i thought it would be funny if she pulled out her song and dance lol yes she sings too. And she is a tough, ambitious cookie. But yea im not trying to be nasty here or bully people into voting just vote for your fave and may the best dancer win!! Personally i think it will be a guy who winds up taking it cos more girls will vote than guys! But I also agree with Angelmum, however far anyone got on the show it was fantastic exposure for them. Yay bring on sunday.
By sugarandspice
On Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:38 PM
Defintely Anita. Although I think Sharnika is a fantastic dancer, There's just something about Anita that makes you want to watch her. The guys are great also, but the girls are much more versatile.
By NZDanzer
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 02:31 AM
Edited by NZDanzer (138487) on 2006-04-20 02:32:42
Okay - here's my ten cents worth! Anita is gorgeous! She has the training (from the Royal Ballet School, nonetheless!) and she always seems to add a spark or something quite beguiling to her performance regardless of what she does. Daniel (my other favourite) is also gorgeous. He finishes every move off with so much flair and energy - takes every position to 120% (if you know what I mean). For somebody with no classical training, he has so much raw talent, it's scary! I also love Sharnika and Justin. Both are wonderful, but just a tad young and inexperienced. Not their fault - probably more a function of their age. Justin is also in Lion King in Melbourne, did you know? Anyway, have met them all and think they are all fabulous people. Whichever wins out of the four of them, I'm sure they will do NZ proud in LA. Go Guys! See you at the final on Sunday!
On Sat Apr 22, 2006 02:50 AM
^isn't Justin older than Daniel??

Meh, I think they're all awesome, and it's great that good kiwi dance is on tv.

I just wish it didn't finish, and they all danced for us every Sunday, with a better show (easier to see camera angles!)

I heard that the salsa this week is going to be awesome. A guy I was dancing with on Wed said he had talked to the chorerographers, and they said the dancers are going to be great!

*excited*
By leezathebaleriza
On Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:44 PM
o me so excited! i actually cant wait! im not going to be disturbed between 730-830! i wish it didn't finish either! but i really want to find out who is going to be crowned the winner...

best of luck to all of them,
they all deserve to be top four!
By Angelmum
On Sun Apr 23, 2006 05:14 AM
ANITA - OF COURSE!!

Hey, did anyone feel that it was rushed at the end and that Anita didn't get the chance to soak up her moment? I mean, they made the announcement, Anita looked suitable suprised, then Shane I-think-I'm-GORGEOUS Cortese was finishing up and the judges hadn't even got down (from their seats on high) to the top four and then it was finished....I half expected to see the cleaners sweeping the floor - it seemed that fast!

All four did themselves very proud, and I have to say that both Anita and Justin were our family picks. When the boys did their hip hop, I felt that Justin had more "flow" and street attitude, although Daniel did a good job. Anita shone in the girls' contemporary but Sharnika wasn't too far behind....give that girl a couple of years and WATCH OUT - definitely a star of the future!

Now what do we watch on a Sunday evening?
By J_O_S_I_E
On Sun Apr 23, 2006 02:55 PM
Survivor lol. I know the feeling that show has been in the back of my mind for 3 months without me even realising it...bring on next year!!!
By dancemate
On Wed Apr 26, 2006 02:59 AM
Edited by dancemate (157335) on 2006-04-26 03:01:41
The prize is only for a week with the chance of being represented by the Bloc agency. Personally I think Daniel outdanced Justin in the hip-hop, even Michael thought so.
By lesha_13
On Thu Apr 27, 2006 04:24 PM
I really liked Jason but he was eliminated and then i thought sharnika deserved to win it.

ReplySendWatch