Forum: General / Travel - Photos

White water rafting, Rotorua, New Zealand
By AussieAsherinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 12, 2006 03:55 PM

This is a pic from when I went to New Zealand last year and went white water rafting in Roturua... it was so much fun, yes, I am in that raft! The waterfall is 7m high... I ended up falling out of the raft which was fun/slightly scary.

New Zealand is absolutely stunning, I took hundreds of photos when I was over there.

14 Replies to White water rafting, Rotorua, New Zealand

re: White water rafting, Rotorua, New Zealand
By jillkitten
On Wed Apr 12, 2006 07:06 PM
wow that looks like fun! You fell out? Oh my god that is scary. I have never been rafting before. I am a little scared of hights and that looks a little high and dangerour for me.

I will try the lazy river rafting first.

jill
White water rafting, Rotorua, New Zealand
By sassydancer1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 12, 2006 07:31 PM
What a blast! We go white water rafting every summer. We started out at a Class 1, and did that for a few years. And now years later, we've worked our way up to a Class 5, with mandatory helmets. It's a blast! A true adrenaline rush, to say the least. I've never fallen out...but there's always a first. It is definately NOT for everyone.

Thanks for sharing this awesome pic!
sassydancer1
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Wed Apr 12, 2006 07:35 PM
hahha, the way this title is worded I was imagining you rafting down the main street of Rotovegas!

What river is that?

It looks way scary. :)
By rallyhopbackPremium member
On Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:23 AM
Holy Cow!!
I've been on trips like this (Class 4/5) here in the USA but I've never heard of a guided trip taking a drop like that!
But then we in the USA like to sue people when we get hurt, so that is probably why no guides here would take inexperienced rafters over such a drop.

Anyway, amazing photo! I'm glad you had fun. Rafting is a blast!
On Thu Apr 13, 2006 03:47 PM
I it was class 4 or 5 can't remember. Apparently it's the highest waterfall you can raft over commercially in the world or something like that...

I can't remember what river it was... I just remember we drove in this really dodgy mini bus with no airconditioning about 20 mins out of Rotorua? But it was wicked fun! Even the falling out bit! It was funny, all the girls fell out of the raft and the guys managed to stay in and had to rescue us... except I got lots of water up my nose...
By dance4lanimember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 06:31 PM
Hey
We were going to go white or black water rafting in NZ but decided to go caving in Waitomo. That photo is awesome!! Please post some more photos of you in NZ!! I love it there!

Lani
By ciar579
On Sat Apr 15, 2006 09:11 AM
oh my word i so want to go to new zealand now does anyone know if they do it england ???
On Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:14 AM
Oh I went tumo tumo tubing in the Waitomo Caves, it was fun... I got covered in bruises through from scrambling over the rocks.

I have more pics from NZ here.

www.flickr.com . . .

I'm sure you can do rafting in England to whoever asked, when I was looking at travel stuff I'm sure I saw it mentioned, I just can't remember where.
By dance_grlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 06:49 PM
ciar 579: i'm not sure about naturally, but there are man made river rapids you can go white water rafting on.
they do those 'experience days'
google it...
By westernballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 09:24 PM
oh my gosh that would be so scary. i bet it was fun though
stacy
By CliodhnaStarPremium member
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 05:03 AM
WOW that looks amazing.

I'd love to try that someday.

caron xx
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 23, 2006 04:14 PM
I would LOVE to do that! Gosh, you fell out of the raft??? Aren't there rocks or something you could have hit your head on? That's how its always like in the movies.
By red_velvet_rosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jun 02, 2006 06:13 AM
Great rafting picture, very actiony! :) That must have been fun.
I love your other photos too, the landscapes in NZ are so gorgeous :D
By DANIELLE___
On Thu Jun 15, 2006 04:55 PM
hey that does look so much fun but you are really brave i would be to scared to of even sat in the raft would you reccomend it then and are you going again. if you could give me any ideas or tips that would be fab.

ReplySendWatch Draw