Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: tutorial: how to do a pointeshoe (or something else) with napkin technique
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10713, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 AM
Very nice results. Isn´t it fun how easy you can create really good results with this technique?
By baladibabe Comments: 42, member since Sat Feb 04, 2012
On Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 AM
Thanks, Kathy! Yeah, it's REALLY awesome! It's a bit tricky dealing with how delicate the soggy napkin is, and I certainly ripped a number in the process, but it's an amazingly forgiving medium, and I am just LOVING it!
By DanceHeart99member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 200, member since Mon Nov 21, 2011
On Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 AM
This is totally and utterly brilliant!!! I've been looking to do something like this, and here it is! THANK YOU SO MUCH
By DanceHeart99member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 200, member since Mon Nov 21, 2011
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 03:11 PM
So on my old shoes, the satin on the toe is SUPER ripped up (through all layers), and wouldn't look too pretty. could I cover that part up w. plain white napkin? would that look odd? Suggestions would be appreciated :)
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 03:34 PM
You could trim away as much of the shredded tatters as possible and just leave it raw, as the OP did with her fabulous sheep shoes. Or you could try covering it up - not sure how that would look, but you can only find out by trying!

I've been leaving the platform uncovered on mine (shoeclips.weebly.com . . .), but it's really just a question of taste.
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 08:03 PM

Yeah...lol, I'm not sure if these are even usable....veeery worn out
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10713, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sun Apr 15, 2012 05:26 AM
They are usable! I used worse in the past!
Maybe cover the whole shoe with a LIGHT (white, light yellow, light babyblue, , very light green, light pink...) colour first.
On Sun Apr 15, 2012 08:23 AM
LOL! Those are BEAT, girl! But yeah, what Kathy said, and be sure to trim the shreds and smooth the rough edges (even use sandpaper or an emery board) so you get the smoothest possible surface. Post pics when you're done!
On Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:58 AM
Kathy wrote:

They are usable! I used worse in the past!
Maybe cover the whole shoe with a LIGHT (white, light yellow, light babyblue, , very light green, light pink...) colour first.

yea..Thanks! I'll post pics once finished :)
By WreckageDancer Comments: 18, member since Thu Sep 15, 2011
On Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 PM
Ah, it's so cute! This makes me wish I was on pointe even more, those sheep are really adorable!
On Sun May 13, 2012 06:58 PM
My latest creation - Watermelon decoupage pointes! Sewed green trim over the drawstring, dyed the drawstrings green, and added green satin ribbons and a sprinkling of rhinestones. I love them! But can anybody give me tips on how to avoid the darkening where two pieces of paper meet? Next time I'll try using far fewer pieces, anyway.
By DanceEvermore Comments: 41, member since Thu Aug 09, 2012
On Fri Aug 10, 2012 06:20 PM
This is so amazing! Good job for this great creativity. Love the sheep. Really cute idea.
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Sun Jun 16, 2013 01:33 PM
This is really good . Well done . I wonder could you use photographs ? If printed on normal non shinny a4 paper .
Also what did you use to paint the drawstrings .
By perfectionpointe Comments: 23, member since Tue Apr 08, 2014
On Fri May 02, 2014 03:57 PM
I always decorate my old pointe shoes- i just find it so cool! I've rhinestoned them, sharpied them, dyed them, glued them, i just love to have a bit of fun with them, and i'm defiitely going to try this soon!!!
By perfectionpointe Comments: 23, member since Tue Apr 08, 2014
On Fri May 02, 2014 03:58 PM
I always decorate my old pointe shoes- i just find it so cool! I've rhinestoned them, sharpied them, dyed them, glued them, i just love to have a bit of fun with them, and i'm defiitely going to try this soon!!!
By maimai Comments: 2, member since Tue Jun 16, 2015
On Tue Jun 16, 2015 09:06 PM
Thanks very much for such a interesting tip.

But I have a question: How long will it be kept? Can it adhesive the water?

PLease share with me. Thanks again.
Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatchDraw