Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Video #2: Me and other girls doing Tahitian :)
By doomed_fairymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:41 AM

www.youtube.com . . .

Click the above link to watch it. I'm wearing green.

This was at the Senior Variety Show at my school. This is only about half the dance (it's all my dad's digital camera could hold). And, NO, we did not expect or want that guy to jump onstage!!

The girl in brown came up with almost all of the choreography and the costumes. She's awesome! I don't know how she found the time to.

Anyway. Hope you enjoy it.

(And note: the sound is way off for some reason. Youtube always does that to my videos.)

6 Replies to Video #2: Me and other girls doing Tahitian :)

re: Video #2: Me and other girls doing Tahitian :)
By cleoNY
On Mon Apr 24, 2006 06:46 PM
You are amazing, very big hips. That is just what Im working on. Loved the belt! And I was mad for you when that guy jumped on stage, it was disrespectful and distracting. Tootles for now!
By No_Longer_on_DDNPremium member
On Thu May 11, 2006 03:18 AM
Although the guy jumped on stage unexpectedly...i enjoyed it! he definitely had the aloha spirit running through his body and added a little spunk to the performance. It reminded me of audience participation and a samoan dance when he jumped on stage though....you know..how like everyone jumps on stage and starts dancing and clapping and just enjoying the dance. = )

It looked like a ton of fun! Good job!
By rausicca
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 03:25 PM
i think the music was kind of off, but it was a good performance. the first time i saw it i thought the guy was part of the act, but wondered why he wasn't in costume. however, watching it again, i see that it was a bit distracting for the dancers...not that it made a huge difference, but you can see it.
By Jumps
On Sun Jun 18, 2006 09:05 AM
I'd love to be able to move my hips like that.....
By organizedmess
On Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:50 PM
Wow, that's awesome. I wish my school had a variety show like that. I also like how you all coordinated your costumes, yet had different colors. Very cool. =]

xxoo
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Aug 02, 2006 07:17 PM
Oooh, your hips were great! Good going with the costumes, too. And the guy looked like he just couldn't CONTROL HIMSELF and jumped onstage. Guess he felt the spirit move him! LOL. But if it happened during one of my performances (hula), I'd be horrified.

ReplySendWatch