Forum: Adults / Theatre Production

Theatre Production
character shoe questions
By dancetyme Comments: 24, member since Fri Feb 11, 2005
On Sun Apr 30, 2006 05:51 PM

Hi I have a question about putting on a tread on character shoes. My teacher asked us to put tread on by a cobbler. I don't want to ask again what type of tread she wants, but do you know the correct type? Is it soft suede leather or bumpy rubber type? My cobbler asked me which one and I had no clue. I may have to ask again but to avoid that just thought I'd ask I need them done in two days. The heel height is 1 1/2, and my first time dancing in them any help on this is appreciated.

3 Replies to character shoe questions

re: character shoe questions
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Mon May 29, 2006 12:50 AM
It's up to you. I've always preferred the bumpy rubber tread because it keeps the shoes quieter. It does create a bit more friction, though, so it makes turns a little more difficult than the suede which actually reduces friction. When I was dancing, when I came in with my shoes rubbered, I got a lot of tsk tsking from my teacher who wanted the suede tread on them for that very reason.
By dancingirlloz Comments: 118, member since Thu Aug 04, 2005
On Wed Jul 12, 2006 04:27 PM
I would definitely clarify with your teacher which she wants.

I have 3 inchers and i have rubber on them because otherwise i would slip whilst trying to dance and i don't find turning on them too hard.

xx
By BlueEyedDancer8 Comments: 21, member since Sun Jul 23, 2006
On Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:24 AM
I would say ask your teacher, I'm sure soe other girls in the class have the same question. Personally I like the suede but I don't use nay now. I've discovered that I like dancing without it better. I sandpapaer the bottom to get traction

ReplySendWatch