whats this
By MALIK1
On Mon May 08, 2006 08:38 PM

what type of dance is this?

9 Replies to whats this

re: whats this
By KeepOnSinginPremium member
On Sat May 13, 2006 10:26 AM
It's really a martial art that slaves disguised as a dance.
By loveLDS
On Sun May 14, 2006 11:20 PM
dude i saw this kid back in high school do so "dance" mostly with his legs it look cool and all but, i think it was more a way kick someones face than a dance is that capoeira?
By AdventurerGR
On Sun Jun 11, 2006 03:15 PM
loveLDS, that sounds how I would describe Capoeira to someone who doesn't know it. If that performance involved a lot of jumping and possibly turning around while in the air, then you can be sure that's the one.

As an aside, if you have Tekken 3/Tag/4/5 then you can even control a Capoeira player (Eddie or Christie), that's how I first learned of it :P
By SpellieDev
On Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:21 PM
www.youtube.com . . .
whoomp, there it is.
By tehgekoPremium member
On Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:37 AM
Just to continue on AdventureGR's running list of fighting games with capoeria, there is a game hosted by shockwave.com called "Capoeira Fighter." And to tell the truth, that's where I got one of my first exposures to this art form. It's a great flash game too.
By Jaydo_x
On Sat Aug 05, 2006 02:36 PM
HAah its actually pretty good, i had no idea what it was until i watched the video on youtube xx
By flame_girl
On Sat Sep 30, 2006 04:59 AM
yeah same here. i don;t know or understand what type of dancing this is and i don't think i have seen anybody doing it. so please can you please explain to me, since i am new to this. thank you
No easy answers
By Listkeeper
On Sun Oct 01, 2006 04:20 PM
Your best bet would be just to go to my website. home.znet.com . . .
and look around a bit.
Start with the Resource pages.
A few thoughts
By Narahari2
On Sun Oct 08, 2006 05:12 PM
Capoeira can be considered as a dance, as a martial art, and as a kind of acrobatics. I would like to briefly discuss all three.
Capoeira as a dance is clearly of African origins, showing many affinities with samba. There is in Brazil, a dance called samba
duro, hard samba.It involves two men dancing with each other, kicking and tripping each other.
While European and Chinese acrobatics generally require that the body be straight and that as much as possible motions be symmetrical, capoeira makes full use of the power of the twisting motion of the hips. This makes capoeira a much more natural way of extending what the body can do. The human body is not really designed to work symmetrically. One goes faster by swimming freestyle than butterfly, and by running than by jumping.
As a martial art, capoeira is distinguished by by a very heavy emphasis on use of use the feet for attack, by the fact that the hands are often put on the ground for support, and by the fact that defence is by evasion rather than by blocking.
Unlike most games, and all other games that are played by adults, winning and losing are not really important in capoeira. It is more important to make the game work. If you are famillar with the works of Thomas Schilling, you understand that capoeira is what he called a mixed game, one in which co-operation is mixed with competition. How much of each depends on who you play.

ReplySendWatch