Forum: Guard / Color Guard

taping sabres
By tapguard
On Mon May 15, 2006 04:48 PM

I was just wondering what other people do as far as taping your sabres. Do you tape all the way down the blade with electrical tape or just cheater spots? Do you tape your hilts as well? I'm just wondering what others do. Thanks!

4 Replies to taping sabres

re: taping sabres
By guard_girl96
On Tue May 16, 2006 12:44 AM
If it's a sabre used strictly for practice I tape down the entire blade but not usually the hilt unless its rough or broken. Show sabres depend on the show.
By TaraDancer21
On Thu May 18, 2006 10:41 PM
Depends on the type of sabre. I would never tape a King sabre up (except for MAYBE cheater spots for practice)
Cheaper sabres I have been known to tape for my girls but generally leave the hilt alone. And make sure you don't put too many layers of tape on your blade otherwise you'll lose balance and it won't spin as well!
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri May 19, 2006 12:52 PM
We have uber cheap sabres-- and I only have one girl that spun sabre this past fall/winter/spring. She thought the sabre would look better taped, because they are REALLY ugly.

So, she taped it white all the way down the blade. She left the hilt black. It looks MUCH better than the dinged up silver.
By LamarCompton
On Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:18 AM
Topics and all link is formed for the reforms for humans. The theme of the file and datafloq.com . . . for the procedure. The openness is filed for the realm for the true width for humans.

ReplySendWatch