Forum: Adults / Weddings

Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Post your mini-profile here!
By DancinQueen2 Comments: 96, member since Fri Dec 06, 2002
On Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:45 AM
I'm not engaged yet but I know its coming soon (i told him I want to get married next spring)

- Name: Lindsay
- Age (optional!): 24
- Date of engagement: unknown for now
- Date of wedding: Hopefully May of next year
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): We are getting married on the beach in Chincoteauge, VA
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: maybe 2or 3 will be a small wedding
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) casual
-The gown: Details or picture Since its going to be a beach all I want is a white sun dress with a veil. And everyone in the wedding will be bare foot
By AceCat2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 334, member since Tue Dec 07, 2004
On Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:28 PM
-Name: Heather and Jim
- Age (optional!): 23/24
- Date of engagement: February 14, 2006 (not very original)
- Date of wedding: July 22, 2007
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Still in the works...probably a chapel or some kind of hall
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3 Bridesmaids/3 Groomsmen
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)A bit of both
-The gown: Details or picture: Something like these two: www.davidsbridal.com . . .
www.davidsbridal.com . . .
By b0rn_d4ncer Comments: 194, member since Fri Feb 10, 2006
On Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:29 AM
- Name: Annamaria
- Age (optional!): 19
- Date of engagement: not yet
- Date of wedding: i'd like it in the summer, but not when its too hot
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): First in a catholic church..hopefully in italy and then in a beautiful hall where you are able to go outside or stay inside
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: don't want bridesmaids. one maid of honour and one best man
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) defenitely formal. its going to be an italian wedding with tons of people
-The gown: A-line pearly white dress. lots of beaded work. strapless, long rounded train, no gloves :)
By FireyRammember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 310, member since Thu May 05, 2005
On Fri Jun 30, 2006 09:15 AM
Name:
- Age (optional!): me 21, him 25
- Date of engagement: 10/13/05 (our 3 year anniversary)
- Date of wedding: May 2007
- Location: We are getting married on a tropical cruise, and we are in planning stages for the reception
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 0 just the two of us!
- Your wedding style: Informal - and I want the reception to be informal as well so everyone can feel really comfortable and have fun!
-The gown: simple strapless a-line with some beading. I'm getting it hemmed kind of short since we're getting married on a cruise, I'm so excited!
By Nelliegadz Comments: 85, member since Tue Mar 07, 2006
On Wed Aug 16, 2006 01:29 PM
Name: Janell
- Age (optional!):24
- Date of engagement:Dec 24, 2004
- Date of wedding:Oct 7, 2006
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): St. Luke's Lutheran Church/ Reception at The Polish Center of Wisconsin
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen:6 bridesmaids, 1 Junior Bridesmaid, 2 flowergirls, 6 Groomsmen and 2 Ushers
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)The wedding is semi-formal with a lot of personalization. We did our own invitations, my maid of honor is actually doing our flowers, our monogram is a theme throughout and we went with bold vibrant colors: red,orange,green and pink
-The gown: I don't know how to input a picture into here but the gown is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Sweetheart neckline with I guess you could say cap sleeve but it doesn't come down off the shoulder, a lot of beaded detail on top, wrapped waist and it trickles down to a very simple train.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
By xXxDancinDIVAxXxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1129, member since Mon Jun 03, 2002
On Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:42 AM
- Name: Toni
- Date of engagement: July 3rd 2006
- Date of wedding: April 12th 2008
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 1 MOH, 1 BM, 4 bridesmaids, and 4 groomsmen
- Your wedding style: Formal with some unique touches.
-The gown: I haven't chosen it yet
By dancing_dreams6 Comments: 234, member since Wed Aug 16, 2006
On Mon Sep 25, 2006 04:53 PM
Name- Lindsay
Age- 18 almost 19
Date of engagement- went to pick the ring out yesterday!!
Date of wedding- Fall of 2008 or spring 2009
Location- Outside
# of bridesmaids/ groomsmen 5 or 6 each
Wedding Style-Formal, but not black tie! I'm the only one who gets to look pretty!
The Gown- Haven't picked one yet! Too many other things to plan!
By UsagiChan26 Comments: 169, member since Sat Jul 03, 2004
On Wed Sep 27, 2006 08:42 PM
- Name: Alison
- Date of engagement: September 2, 2006
- Date of wedding: Sometime in the beginning of 2012.
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): I have no clue yet but I definetely want it anywhere other than a church.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: Probably around five for each.
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): Formal.
-The gown: Details or picture: I'm not sure yet. ^^;
By jolly_dancer Comments: 1443, member since Sat Nov 06, 2004
On Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:55 PM
- Name: Courtney
- Age (optional!): almost 19, him almost 20
- Date of engagement:not official, but he asked in July If I would marry him
- Date of wedding: We have been talking about it and were thinking February 2007
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Not sure on the local yet, but probably a church
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen:havent discussed this part just yet.
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)
Formal
-The gown: Details or picture - I have been looking but havent been able to decide on what I want.
By missjennifer Comments: 504, member since Mon Mar 15, 2004
On Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 AM
- Name: missjennifer
- Age (optional!): 25
- Date of engagement: September 13, 2006
- Date of wedding:May 31, 2008
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Church ceremony then reception hall (haven't picked specific places yet)
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 1 maid of honour 1 best man and four attendants on each side
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) formal wedding, (sit-down dinner) slide show at reception and dramtic touches (i'm a dancer and he's an actor..so go figure)
-The gown: Details or picture: haven't picked one yet but it's going to be simple and elegant.
By CrayolaPremium member Comments: 1549, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Mon Oct 30, 2006 02:00 PM
Name Erica
Age 22
Date of Engagement July 4, 2004
Date of Wedding August 4, 2007
Location Church
Reception is at this Hotel:

Image hotlink - 'http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/eganney/p048.jpg'

Number of bridesmais/groomsmen 6 of each = 12
Wedding Style Very Formal
The Gown Haven't picked it yet

Here's my ring: It from the BIRKS Blue Collection. That 'dot' is blue saffire

Image hotlink - 'http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/eganney/rung.jpg'
By ebrumalkocmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 302, member since Fri Feb 06, 2004
On Tue Oct 31, 2006 06:20 AM
Name: EBRU

- Age (optional!):--> 22

- Date of engagement:--> 16th December 2006

- Date of wedding:--> 2 years later

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc):-->Engagement will be on the my house, wedding isn’t planned yet:)

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen:-->one for each

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)--->Our wedding will be formal. Firstly marriage ceremony and then dinner…Of course I will dance with my partner by music of ”Comparsita”. Yea it will be great:)

-The gown: Details or Picture:--> We will go to Paris for honey moon. I will add Picture later when we engage.

Lots of love to every one.
By xXmorganXx Comments: 142, member since Wed Nov 22, 2006
On Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:21 AM
NAME: Mhorag, husband to be:Pete

DATE OF ENGAGEMENT: Nov 04

DATE OF WEDDING: Hopefully 08-08-08

PLACE OF WEDDING: We want to get married in Sicily, I's so beautiful and romantic!

BRIDESMAIDS: Haven't decided yet but are 2 daughters will be flower girls.

I can't wait to get married, almost evey girls dream is to have that perfect dress, in the perfect place and the cake,and the flowers and the music and oh yeah the perfect groom of course!

My man however doesn't care to much about any of the above a registra and bag of chips and he'd be happy!

THINGS TO DO BEFORE THE WEDDING: Must find a new groom!

xx
By pjbaker1388 Comments: 129, member since Sun Dec 03, 2006
On Sun Dec 03, 2006 09:31 PM
Name: PJ

Age (optional!):18

Date of engagement: November 10, 2006

Date of wedding: June 19, 2010 (Our 5 year anniversary)

Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): We are looking at a place called the Mitchell House or the Corely Mill House where we can have the wedding and reception at the same place. I have a long time to decide.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen:3-4 Bridesmaids and 3-4 Groomsman.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?: I want a formal wedding, but I would like it to be small and intimate with our close family and friends. I don't really know what I want as far as colors go, but I do know that I want my bouquet to be all red roses.

The gown: I don't know what kind of gown I want yet. I've always wanted to princess type gown, but I really just have to go and try on different dresses to see what I really like on me.
By Hope_And_Lovemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1173, member since Sun Mar 12, 2006
On Sun Dec 10, 2006 04:29 AM
- Name: Kellie
- Age (optional!): im almost 17 :P hehe
- Date of engagement: not yet
- Date of wedding:..umm when im older :)
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): i would like it in a nice garden,not a big fan of the classic church i would like to be surounded by beautiful flowers and fresh air,then the reception in a classy little fuction centre or a nice house or someting like that..
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: i think 2 or 3
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)i want a small wedding but very elegent
-The gown: Details or picture..hmm something big
i think i really liek this 1
www.maggiesottero.com . . .

you get my idea ..i like the big dresses with tulle and such :)
By misschristie Comments: 626, member since Thu Jul 25, 2002
On Sun Dec 10, 2006 08:26 AM
- Name: Christie

- Age (optional!): 33

- Date of engagement: haha, not yet...still waiting

- Date of wedding: see above

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): not sure, probably a church, but outdoors would be nice too

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: probably 2 of each: my friend Jen, my sis-in law Lysa, my bro Shaun and my bro-in-law-to-be Scott. By then my twins will probably be walking, so they can be ring-bearers :)

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Small and intimate, close friends and family

-The gown: Details or picture: Haven't looked yet, but I want something simple. I'll look around and find a picture..
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6305, member since Tue Dec 03, 2002
On Wed Dec 13, 2006 01:27 PM
My turn

- Name: Helen ( & Gordon)
- Age (optional!): 21
- Date of engagement: 29 September 2006
- Date of wedding: Autumn (sept oct 2010)
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): registry office, hotel, somewhere along those lines, i'm catholic but my fiance is not.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: not sure not many, probably 2 or 3 each, we both have lots of friends but obviously it will be close firneds/family
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) bit of both, it will be a proper sit down meal, with drinks and dancing afterwards.
-The gown: Details or picture: All i know is i want ivory or maybe pale pink or pastel colour (don't go bleurgh)it will be very very pale. I also like the dresses with a bit of colour nin tem, say ivory dress with red somewhere. Style i am not 100% sure after Christmas the planning will commence so i will come back with pictures.

Helen xxx
By JennyLee Comments: 251, member since Tue Jul 12, 2005
On Tue Jan 02, 2007 09:42 AM
Name: Jennifer
- Date of engagement: Christmas Night :)
- Date of wedding: Either Oct 6th or Nov 3rd of 07
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): that's still in the works
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4/4
formal, just not black tie!

your own unique touches?)
-The gown: Not sur yet!
By dance4kixmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 488, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:18 PM
- Name:Tracy
- Age (optional!):20
- Date of engagement:April 05, only two month long engagement!!
- Date of wedding:June 12, 2005
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Church, with professional pictures taken before ceremony at a golf course
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen:4 of each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)Formal. We had a sand ceremony instead of the unity candles. We each poured our own sand into a crystal vase to symbolize how we will never be seperable again. My husband shook the vase after to make sure it was all mixed!
-The gown: Details or picture

My dad and I walking down the aisle
Image hotlink - 'http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/eskiqt21/Picturesfrom2005-2006212.jpg'

my husband and I dancing

Image hotlink - 'http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/eskiqt21/DCAM0568-1.jpg'
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Jan 28, 2007 03:46 PM
Removed by VeniciaDansa (113563) on 2007-03-11 13:37:02 as requested
- Name: Amy
- Age (optional!): 23
- Date of engagement: Sometime this year hopefully, BF is dropping hints left and right!
- Date of wedding: November of 08
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Church, not sure about the reception
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: probably like 5 or 6 bridesmaids
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Formal and very traditional
-The gown: marysbridal.com . . . :D

We're not quite engaged yet, but we both know we want to get married, we're shooting for Nov 08 wedding, so who knows? We're going to Colorado in December and he's been dropping hints left and right thats when he'll propose. :D
By RainyDayKid Comments: 1207, member since Sun Mar 03, 2002
On Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:53 PM
Edited by RainyDayKid (22879) on 2007-02-08 23:56:45
- Name: Cassie
- Date of engagement: October 5, 2006
- Date of wedding: July 7, 2007
- Location: Eeeh, probably Living Word Foursquare Church. Reception will more than likely be small, taking place at my parents house. My mother and her sisters will take care of all the AMAZING food.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen.
- Your wedding style: Formal, with a few modern updates ;) [for example, my bridesmaids are all going to have different dresses, but the same theme color.]
-The gown:
Image hotlink - 'http://www.davidsbridal.com/images/fashions/thumb/04F_V8377.jpg'
By beautifulmessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 370, member since Thu Feb 08, 2007
On Thu Feb 22, 2007 07:18 PM
Edited by beautifulmess (173582) on 2007-02-22 19:22:49 the HTML didn;t go through
I'm Carolyn

I'm 21 : )

I got engaged...around december of 2006 (it was an odd thing with no exact date)
My wedding's set for Sept. 28 2008 (it's a ways away, but I'm so excited for it!)

I'm having it in a church in the tiny town where I grew up. I live in PA and after I graduate I'm moving to SC, but the church is in VA.

4 bridesmaids (including maid of honor) and 4 groomsmen (including best man)

It will be a fairly casual wedding. I don't need to be a princess or anything. It will be pretty family and friend-oriented especially since my uncle's the caterer and my friend's band is playing, I have a friend who agreed to be the photographer and my dad's the minister.

I'm still playing around with gowns. One that I love that I keep coming back to is from david's bridal. It's sleeveless, white. However it's a different color where it laces up the back and there's a trim around the edge. My colors are cream, sage, and brown so I will have the accent color be sage. The train is pretty long and the whole thing is designed for someone who's not 5'2", but I'm assuming they can alter it, plus I'll wear heels (especially since my fiance's 6'3" and I don't want to be cut out of the frames of our photos : ) ) All the dresses that stick out to me are white with colored sashes or some sort of color accent. Since I feel like my description was horrible, here are the links to the top two contenders (if anyone really cares).

The top contender (color would be peridot): www.davidsbridal.com . . .

Another contender (color again is peridot): www.davidsbridal.com . . .
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Mar 11, 2007 01:06 PM
- Name: Amy
- Age (optional!): 23
- Date of engagement: March 7, 2007
- Date of wedding: April 5, 2008
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): St. Jerome's Catholic Church, then the parish hall for the reception, most likely.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Formal and very traditional
-The gown: I've chosen the dress, but my fiance has been known to read my posts, if you want to see it, PM me. ;)
By brwneyedgrl42584member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 244, member since Thu Apr 24, 2003
On Sun Apr 15, 2007 08:19 PM
- Name: Erin
- Age (optional!): 22
- Date of engagement: April 9, 2007
- Date of wedding: March 15, 2008 (our 1 year anniversary)
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Either a Non-Denominational church or a Catholic Church
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): Kind of all.
-The gown: I have a dress picked out. It is here: www.maggiesottero.com . . . The dress is Laylarna in Diamond White/Rose.
By finnish_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 585, member since Sun Aug 29, 2004
On Mon Apr 16, 2007 05:03 PM
Edited by finnish_dancer (104842) on 2007-04-16 17:04:18
- Name: Anna
- Age (optional!): 18
- Date of engagement: December 20th, 2006
- Date of wedding: Summer of 2010
- Location: A non-religious service. It would be nice to be outside, but my cousin had so much stress for his wedding because it was supposed to rain (it didn't) so maybe inside would be better.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2 and 2
- Your wedding style: Let me first say that I am not "goth," but I really want a black wedding dress. I think black is elegant and beautiful, and wearing white just isn't my style. We want it to be simple, semi-casual, and fun.
-The gown:

My ring sort of looks like this, but it's completely flat and only has 12 of those little tiny diamonds img.photobucket.com . . .

I LOVE this dress, except in black. And less expensive :)Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Finnish_Dancer/sincerity3062.jpg'
Page:
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch