Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Post your mini-profile here!
By DancingDreams83 Comments: 16, member since Wed Feb 07, 2007
On Sun Jun 24, 2007 09:11 PM
- Name: Jennifer B
- Age (optional!): 23
- Date of engagement: May 6, 2007
- Date of wedding: Hopefully August 16, 2008 (nothing is actually booked yet soo...)
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Not sure yet.... maybe a church or a chapel.. Im not baptized sooo i cant get married in the church my mom goes too :(
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3 of each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Formal
-The gown: Will be princess style with lots of embroidery and will be strapless with the bust part dipping down a little at the top. :)
By californiadancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1996, member since Sat Jan 10, 2004
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:08 AM
- Name: Kathie (Katharine)
- Date of engagement: March 23rd 2007
- Date of wedding: June 7th 2008
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 6 Bridesmaids (including the maid of honor), 6 Groomesmen (including the best man), 6 Flower Girls, no ring bearer
- Your wedding style: Unique and simple, but elegant
-The gown: Demetrios Brides "Illusions" style # 3049, I posted a pic on the thread about the dresses :)
By deftonermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1565, member since Sun Jun 08, 2003
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 06:12 AM
- Name: Jo and (my fiance) Jay

- Age (optional!): 19 - 20 (respectively)

- Date of engagement: sometimes in july, 2006

- Date of wedding: still hasn't been decided!

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): we argue about this ALL THE TIME so your guess is as good as mine!

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: i don't have any friends or family members here, so i don't know, yet. he'll probably have a small army of cousins and friends :P

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) we know we want it to be small and informal, and it will probably have a lot of unique touches

-The gown: Details or picture
aye... still don't know.
By bedaZzlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1733, member since Sun Nov 12, 2000
On Fri Aug 03, 2007 08:33 PM
- Name: Stacey
- Age (optional!): 21
- Date of engagement: February 14, 2007
- Date of wedding: July 19, 2008
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): the church that I grew up in
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 6 and 6
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) casual but sweet.. we just want to get together and celebrate with everyone we love and who love us!
-The gown: Minimal white beading with lace overlay/cap sleeves.. I love the back... I'm only about 5 feet tall so anything too fancy really overwhelmed me.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Mon Aug 06, 2007 05:48 AM
Name: Krystal

- Age (optional!): 16

- Date of engagement: Not yet.

- Date of wedding: We want to get married the day we're both legal [18], but that's really not the best decision.

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): The Outer Banks of North Carolina. On the beach!

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3 or 4 of each. Not set in stone.

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Well, since we're going to be outside on the beach, super formal is kinda out of the question. The dress I want is pretty formal though, but we could probably make it work with bare feet and hair left down.

-The gown: Details or picture: It's a white strapless, A Line gown with a red corset and red ribbon-ish stuff around the bottom. It's gorgeous. It's on David's Bridal but I can't look for it right now. I'm going to forego the veil; kinda break tradition.
By AceCat2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 334, member since Tue Dec 07, 2004
On Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:05 PM
- Name: Heather
- Date of engagement: February 14, 2006
- Date of wedding: July 22, 2007
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2 Bridesmaids, 2 Groomsmen, no flower girl or ring bearer
- Your wedding style: Simple
-The gown: see pic!
By Designs_By_ElvenPremium member Comments: 1682, member since Thu Oct 07, 2004
On Sat Aug 25, 2007 07:59 AM
Hiya thought I'd post my details now they are finalised:D

NAME: Ange

DATE OF ENGAGEMENT: I cant remember I was too shocked!!

DATE OF WEDDING: 17th August 2008

NUMBER OF BRIDESMAIDS ETC : 3 Bridesmaids, 2 Flowergirls 1 ring bearer, 1 Best Man 2 Ushers.

WEDDING STYLE: Personal & romantic

THE DRESS : SEE PIC

Ange
By LadyLizziepops Comments: 430, member since Tue Apr 04, 2006
On Mon Oct 22, 2007 07:10 AM
- Name: Lizzie
- Date of engagement: 1 September 2007
- Date of wedding: 27 December 2008
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2 Bridesmaids (including the maid of honor), 3 Groomesmen (including the best man)
- Your wedding style: I have no idea yet, I keep changing
-The gown: Still choosing
By Samxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 975, member since Thu Jan 27, 2005
On Mon Dec 03, 2007 06:26 AM
Great Idea!!

- Name: samantha (samx)

- Date of engagement: 16th Feb 07

- Date of wedding: 30th Aug 08

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): St Thomas' Church, Canterbury (catholic)

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 bridesmaids / 5 groomsmen

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Formal

-The gown: Details or picture - beautiful

Image hotlink - 'http://images.dance.net/images/i255/98443.637my_dress.jpg'

Thanks for looking x x x
By LNdancer Comments: 47, member since Mon Nov 05, 2007
On Mon Jan 14, 2008 04:02 PM
Name: Bree
Date of Engagement: 07.05.07 (my 21st)
Date of Wedding: 27 Sept 2008
Bridal Party: 3 Bridesmaids and 3 Groomsmen incl. Maid of Honour and Best Man
Style: Backless with 2 diagonal crystal straps form 1 shoulder across my back.

Good Luck with everyone's approaching weddings
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6305, member since Tue Dec 03, 2002
On Wed Jul 09, 2008 01:10 AM
I'm going to post again, since its all finalised and changed.

- Name: Helen & Gordon
- Age (optional!):22
- Date of engagement:22 September 2006
- Date of wedding:21 November 2008
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Little White Chapel, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 0 my parents as witnesses
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)Informal, very small

Ivory 2 piece thanks to my top heavy body, lace bodice and skirt has swarovski crystals.

Helen xxx
By kamina Comments: 1302, member since Tue Aug 17, 2004
On Fri Jul 11, 2008 09:53 PM
Name: Kamina

Date of engagement: June 22nd, 2008 (Our 2-year anniversary)

Date of wedding: May 3rd, 2009

Location: A park in the centre of town that's right on the river. There are lots of roses growing there and it's beautiful.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: None. We can't choose among our friends and we don't want to go over the top. It will be just the two of us.

Your wedding style: Casual, but special. There will be about 50 people there. We're getting married at noon then on to our favourite restaurant for lunch - nothing fussy. But it will be awesome!

The gown: I haven't decided yet. I have a pretty specific idea of what I want and I can't find it anywhere, so I think I'll get it made.
By Kaydence Comments: 289, member since Tue Nov 22, 2005
On Fri Aug 01, 2008 09:42 AM

Name: Kaydence

Date of engagement: June 14th, 2008 in Niagara Falls at night on the Skywheel!

Date of wedding: Hoping for next June/July

Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Not sure yet, we are going to look at locations this weekend!

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2 bridesmaids, 2 groomsmen and 1 jr. bridsmaid

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): Small, kind of informal, outdoors, with lots of white and some dark red!

The gown: The one I like is posted above. I am going shopping with my mum this afternoon!
By dancing_dreams6 Comments: 234, member since Wed Aug 16, 2006
On Mon Sep 08, 2008 06:37 PM
- Name:Lindsay
- Age (optional!):20
- Date of engagement:July 12, 2008
- Date of wedding:May 29, 2010
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): My church...
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen:1 MOH,3 bridesmaids and 1 Jr bridesmaid and 1 flowergirl / 1 BM, 3 groomsmen, 1 Jr Groomsman and 2 ushers...
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)
Our wedding style is going to be informal with a hint of country. Our colors are Lilac and silver.
I dont have a picture but my gown was a $1100 discontinued gown from davids bridal. It's strapless with lots of tule on the bottom. It's very delicatly beaded and is white. It has a chappel train and is the dress of my dreams!
By TwinkleToez207member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1834, member since Fri Jun 27, 2003
On Mon Oct 13, 2008 02:26 PM
- Name: Krysten
- Date of engagement: Hasn't happened yet, but I got a promise ring for our 2 year anniversary and we've talked about it a lot
- Date of wedding: Not sure yet
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): THe actual wedding will be in a church, but I'm not sure about the reception
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: not many, probably 2-4 of each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Formal, because it's fun to be formal lol
-The gown: white, sleeveless, lovely haha I haven't picked anything out yet, obviously, but I love big, formal dresses
By ballet_snoopy Comments: 560, member since Fri Oct 21, 2005
On Tue Oct 14, 2008 04:31 AM

- Name: ballet_snoopy hehehe or should I say wedding_snoopy :P
- Age (optional!): 23 will be 24 at my wedding
- Date of engagement: 6th September 2008
- Date of wedding: 9th October 2009
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Cathedral - wanted a garden wedding got talked into the church. It's a beautiful building though and will make for amazing pictures!
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2 of each plus a Junior Bridesmaid
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?). I'm guessing it will be fairly formal one of my co-workers tells me Friday weddings are traditionally more formal, but I'm thinking it's really because of the Cathedral rather than the day!
-The gown: Details or picture I've fallen in love with Maggie Sottero!! I've found about half a dozen designs I adore! I also love the dress in the picture - I think it may be a Maggie, but I can't find it on the website so I'm not sure. I'd probably do it with ivory instead of pink though as it wouldn't really go with my colour scheme.
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Tue Oct 14, 2008 08:19 AM
Name: Jeanette
- Date of engagement: December 24th 2004
- Date of wedding: June 10th, 2006
- Location: Michigan-ceremy at the church that I grew up at and reception at Italian American Club
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: maid of honor, best man, 5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, junior bridesmaid, junior groomsman flower girl, ring bearer
- Your wedding style: Formal. colors Red and White.
-The gown: see pic
By kamina Comments: 1302, member since Tue Aug 17, 2004
On Tue Oct 21, 2008 06:51 AM
Edited by kamina (103606) on 2008-10-21 06:52:49
Edited by kamina (103606) on 2008-10-21 06:53:05
I'm posting again since it's changed a bit!

- Name: Kamina
- Age (optional!): We will both be 20 when we get married.
- Date of engagement: 22nd June, 2008
- Date of wedding: 21st February, 2009
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 1 MOH, 1 best man
- Your wedding style: Pretty informal but above all fun! Elegant, small, and full of loving touches and funny stuff, we hope. We're having a Chinese banquet!
-The gown: See above! Love it to bits.
By olderdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 382, member since Tue May 24, 2005
On Thu Oct 30, 2008 05:14 AM
Hehe...my turn!.

- Name: Jess
- Age (optional!): 20 at time of engagement
- Date of engagement: 2nd October 2008 (picture of my ring on another post)
- Date of wedding: provisionally 21st of novemeber 2009
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Hopefully church wedding with reception at a hall.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: bridesmaids 1 maid of honour, 3 normal, one flower girl.
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)
formal, hopefully a little unique.
-The gown: Details or picture....
haha I havent got a clue!..im in the 'browsing' stage!
By MuireannElwingmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 460, member since Mon Oct 11, 2004
On Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:56 AM
- Name: Rachel
- Date of engagement: December 20, 2007
- Date of wedding: August 2, 2008
- Location: a lovely park with trees (the trees were a must.) :)
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4 of each
- Your wedding style: We pretty much did our own thing! It was somewhat formal but outdoors. Elegant, with some vintage touches and a little (or maybe a lot) of nature thrown in!
-The gown: It was my mom's... she had amazing taste. It fit me perfectly but she modified the bodice a little to make it more my own. It was so special to be able to wear it, and I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding dress. Or a more perfect wedding, or a more perfect groom. :)
By TinyDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 772, member since Fri Aug 19, 2005
On Tue Dec 02, 2008 06:12 PM
- Name: Lyssa
- Age (optional!): 18
- Date of engagement: not yet but soon. we've been talking about it and i'm waiting for him to propose so hopefully within the next year
- Date of wedding: most likely 2012 because he doesn't want to get married before he's 21 and refuses to marry me until he can support me properly. I told him I don't care but he wants to do everything right
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Wedding will be at my local church. It sits on expansive land on a river and is absolutely beautiful. both bride and groom will arrive via separate boats and leave in the same one, though hopefully we will be using our parents boats and not our little tinny lol. Reception will either be a marquee at his parents house or a houseboat depending on numbers
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 1 junior bridesmaid (my little sister) and 2 bridesmaids (possibly my other sisters), 1 flowergirl and ring bearer, 2 or 3 groomsmen
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Formal but fun, definitly because of his family, fun bunch of people they are.
-The gown: Strapless gown, full skirt with pick up detail, maybe some crystals on the bodice but I'm not sure. I'll probably fall in love with a dress that is completely different
By lee_britt Comments: 2071, member since Mon Aug 29, 2005
On Tue Jan 06, 2009 04:10 PM
- Name: Brittany Lee

- Age (optional!): I'm 21, he's 24

- Date of engagement: December 21, 2008

- Date of wedding: July 2010

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Odeon Event Centre. It's this amazing event centre in my city. It's dark purples, green, and silver coloured with big white pillars, lots of different levels, and a lofted lounge-type area with big couches and club chairs.

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4 of each

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) It will be sort of a formal, fun, loungey style, very swingy, we'll hopefully find a jazz band to play at the reception. Colours are black and white with silver and dark green touches.

-The gown: I have it narrowed down to 2. The perfect one is out of my price range haha. But it's sweetheart neckline, strapless, fitted, with a sort of cross between A-Line and Trumpet skirt with an insert to the side. It's completely lace. The other one is also lace, strapless, sweetheart neckline, but a little more simple (and cheaper haha)
By ballet_snoopy Comments: 560, member since Fri Oct 21, 2005
On Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:37 AM
Thought I'd update myself, now I have my dress and some more details!

- Name: ballet_snoopy
- Age (optional!): 24
- Date of engagement: 6th September 2008
- Date of wedding: 9th October 2009
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Cathedral, reception at a function room at a golf club
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2 of each plus a Junior Bridesmaid
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?). Still going with fairly formal, we've chosen a colour scheme aubergene, teal and fuscha. Bridesmaids are in aubergene as will the coloured part of my dress
-The gown: Alfred Angelo "Micky" the train is enormous which scares me a little and will need a double bustle for the reception, but I fell in love with the front of it. Like I mentioned, the coloured parts will be in aubergene or "grape" as the designer calls it, but I think the colour is closer to aubergene.
By TwinkleToez207member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1834, member since Fri Jun 27, 2003
On Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:50 AM
I have posted one before (I think) but now that I am engaged I'm going to post an updated one!
- Name:Krysten
- Date of engagement:January 8th, 2009
- Date of wedding: We haven't picked a specific date, but I graduate next year so It will be late 2010 or early 2011
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): We will probably do the ceremony in a church, and I'm not sure about the reception
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen:It is going to be quite small probably 2-4 of each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Definitely formal (because I love pretending to be fancy) I plan on making a lot though, for instance invitations, place cards, ring bearer pillow etc. I am fairly artistic because I love doing crafts, and Martha Stewart Weddings has some great ideas lol plus it cuts down on cost
It will be a little while before I actually buy the dress but I know it will be white, full length, probably strapless, maybe a sweetheart neckline, some detailing of some sort on the bodice - I just want a fairly simple, elegant gown. I am hoping that the styles I like fit because I am short (5 feet lol) so hopefully it works out!
- And I have posted pictures of my ring in two other places incase anyone wants a peak (I loveeee looking at rings so there may be others who are the same lol)
By Sunivamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1163, member since Thu May 27, 2004
On Wed Jan 14, 2009 01:44 AM
- Name: Caroline
- Age (optional!): 25
- Date of engagement: December 6th, 2008
- Date of wedding: September 5th, 2009
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): church, and then reception in a lovely place in the country just near the place where I grew up and where my parents still live.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2 each.
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) : My theme is yellow, sunflowers, and nature related. For the music, we'll hire a group that'll play swing/jazz. Overall, something simple yet classy. 100 people max.
-The gown: I just began trying on gowns on monday, so no definite choice yet.

I just posted a pic of my engagement ring in the other thread.
Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch