Forum: Adults / Weddings

Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Post your mini-profile here!
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Wed Jan 28, 2009 03:00 AM

Name: Teigan

Age (optional!): 20

Date of engagement: Not for another few years ;)

Date of wedding:/b] I want a September wedding.

[b]Location:
I think I'd want the actual ceremony in a nice private garden or estate somewhere like a boutique bed and breakfast , like this one: www.berrileebedandbreakfast.com.au . . . - but it has to be somewhere that is not TOO far out of the city, because I want the reception in my suburb because it has SO much character, and its where he and I met.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: He would have two, I would have three. one of mine would be a brides-man. My best friend is a guy.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) I'd like to keep it informal. I plan on going barefoot, making my own invitations and cake, just having a friend Dj for us and providing him with a playlist of music WE like, writing our own vows, making our own keepsakes and place settings.

The gown: Nothing puffy, and it has to be an Australian designer. I pretty much want the dress above which is designed by a local company.
By xxChloeDancerxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 248, member since Tue Jan 06, 2009
On Sun Mar 15, 2009 03:13 PM
Just renewed my vows in june and had a tim burton wedding.I love all his movies so we had black and white theme and the corpse bride figures on top of my cake.Great day all round.
By Mandance Comments: 2794, member since Tue Sep 20, 2005
On Sat Mar 21, 2009 03:21 PM
^That cake is awesome, I love it!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun May 10, 2009 09:28 PM
- Name: Renae

- Age (optional!): 34

- Date of engagement: 11-22-07

- Date of wedding: 7-31-08

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): On the beach in Maui

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: My best friend of 25 years and his 12 year old son.

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Small wedding with 20 people. Sun dresses and any clothes with a shade of blue or green. We wrote our own vows, had a hula dancer, my brother sang, my sister-in-law played the violin, my other brother spoke, and we had a sand ceremony...all while the waves were crashing on the beach. Pretty awesome, and I highly recommend it to anyone thinking about a destination wedding.

-The gown: Details or picture: Made of silk and chiffon..skirt and top with flowing features, small pearl/beads added to top.

Image hotlink - 'http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/imadansuer/180.jpg'
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 AM
- Name: Krystal
- Age (optional!): 18
- Date of engagement: 6-7-09
- Date of wedding: 1-9-10
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): The ceremony will be in our church sanctuary, the reception is in the fellowship hall.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4/4
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Semi-formal. It's a 2 o'clock wedding so we can't exactly get away with super formal.
-The gown: Details or picture
Image hotlink - 'http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/krystaln08/dress3003.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/krystaln08/bjandkrystal093.jpg'
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Sun Jul 12, 2009 07:28 PM
Since I've been inundated with wedding stuff for the past few months, I thought I'd put my ideas here. Why not?

- Name: Emily
- Age (optional!): 24
- Date of engagement: N/A
- Date of wedding: Sometime in late summer or early fall
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Vegas :)
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 1 each, feasibly
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): Informal, I'm planning on eloping and only inviting specific people.
-The gown: I'd like to be wearing something like this-
www.davidsbridal.com . . .

No white dress for me. I'm not exactly the traditional type. ;)
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sun Jul 12, 2009 08:35 PM
Can I play too even though I'm not engaged/married? This itchy ring finger needs somewhere to let out ideas..!

Name: Jennifer

Age (optional!): 31

Date of engagement: Still waiting!

Date of wedding: n/a but a warm November day would be lovely.

Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): The little chapel I would love to have is impossible because (a) it burned down and (b) is an hour further away than somewhere friends used and he said would be too far for his family to travel. So I'm thinking the next best option would be the Botanic Gardens nearby. Or a winery.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: One or two.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) We're not formal people, so a relatively informal outdoor/open-air wedding would be on the cards. A morning wedding would be fun. I want it traditional enough to not offend older relatives, but I also want it to really reflect *us* and our tastes. I'd like to make the decorations and favours myself, too. I'd really love to perform for my guests, but that might be pushing it....

The gown: Details or picture I haven't found THE dress (because I believe it's bad luck to have the dress before being engaged and setting the date) but I'd like something fairly simple and can be worn again: bracken-green or blackberry-purple, maybe cocktail-length, NOT strapless. Depending on when this happens, it may be something we make rather than getting off-the-rack. Oo, an excuse to look at sewing patterns... :D
By highlandbanshee Comments: 165, member since Fri Sep 07, 2007
On Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:40 PM
Name: Jennifer
Date of engagement: June 25, 2009
Date of wedding: May-June 2010 (obviously not decided for sure)
Location: A one room church built in the 1800s. The walls and ceiling are all white with stained glass windows and red carpeting. It's just a great old building.
Bridesmaids/groomsman: One, just my sis, who happens to be my best friend
Wedding Style: Informal-summer-afternoon Something a couple steps up from a family picnic.
Dress: Vintage style, probably 40's era in a pastel. Still working on sketches so I haven't settled on anything yet.
By get_over_itmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 411, member since Mon Jul 16, 2007
On Wed Jul 29, 2009 07:42 PM
- Name: Danielle (Future Mrs. Hughes)
- Age (optional!): 21
- Date of engagement: June 16, 2009
- Date of wedding: March 21, 2010
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 girls/ 3 guys
- Your wedding style: Formal, vintage-inspired romance with lots of DIY and a heavy reliance on etsy.com
-The gown: This picture is one I took of it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Its an Allure Couture gown, but its not from their Fall 2009 collection. If anyone finds a picture of it online PM me.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Jul 30, 2009 07:40 AM
- Name: Theresa
- Age (optional!): 30
- Date of engagement: 2-15-09
- Date of wedding: 9-4-11
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Unless we come up with a different idea in the mean time, it'll actually be in a theme park!
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2/2, I think. I think just my sisters and his sister. But I can't make it 3/1, because that'll be weird.
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Are you kidding? Wedding in a theme park? I can't go formal for that!
-The gown: Details or picture: I have neither. I kind of don't want my fiancee to see the dress, and I don't really have anybody to go with me to try them on. :( So I don't have a dress yes. I probably won't worry about that for years. I'm flirting with the idea of some color. I pretty much fell in love with one that had a red belt, that led around into a red overlay on the train. GORGEOUS. But my boyfriend said he didn't think it'd look that good on me, for one reason or another. (He said at the time, but I don't remember).
By saor_celticmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1049, member since Thu Jul 19, 2007
On Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:28 AM
I totally forgot about this!

Name: Barb

Age (optional!): 34

Date of engagement: 4/9/09

Date of wedding: 4/10/10

Location: Ceremony in the church. Reception at zoo or banquet hall. If we don't have the reception at the zoo, we'll have the sunday after brunch there.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3/3 - my 3 sisters, his 3 brothers. Plus my 3 nieces as flower girls.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): So far it's a mix of semi-formal and informal with some of our personal touches. I think the number of people will be about 225.

The gown: I actually purchased it last weekend. I love it. So not what I was expecting me to get. It's very Cinderella/princess-like. Ball gown with gorgeous beading on the top and along the bottom and train. Also has sleeves.
By olderdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 382, member since Tue May 24, 2005
On Mon Aug 24, 2009 08:40 AM
This is an update due to plans changing and that the wedding is firmly booked :)

Name: Jess & Joseph

Age (optional!): 20 at engagement and 21 at wedding

Date of engagement: 2/10/2008

Date of wedding: 21/11/2009

Location: Ceremony and cocktail reception in a local 4 star hotel.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4 bridesmaids, 1 flowergirl and 4 groomsmen including the groom, father of the bride and best man.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): So far it's a mix of semi-formal and informal with some of our personal touches. As you can see in other post, the hotel is quite quirky in design, having it with panoramic views.

The gown: Brought a few months ago!
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 AM
Since everyone is playing this, even if they're single, I'll join it :)

Name: Kayla

Date of engagement: future

Date of wedding: either spring or fall

Location: A non-religious building where I can be married in one room and have the reception in another. The wedding room needs to be big and beautiful. I'd also be fine with a non-denominational church. I'd like to get married outside, but couldn't handle the stress of worrying about the weather.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: Unknown, but they have to be even. I'll have two MOH's...my sister will be #1 and closest to me, and my friend Jenna will be the other. Any close friends at the time, and any of hubby's sisters will also be bridesmaids. Nieces will be flower girls.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): Very me. I plan to do everything myself, with the help of my mom. We're doing the cake, the flowers, centerpieces, decorations, etc. It'll be very informal, I want my cousin to play guitar as the bridesmaids and I walk down the aisle. It'll definitely be an afternoon wedding. Reception will be very informal as well, mom, sister and I will cook the food. Splurges will be photographer, DJ and open bar.

The gown: All I know is it needs to be big and princessy! No train. I plan on future hubby and I wearing converse at the wedding (he has no choice, haha) so the dress has to cover my shoes.

I like to think that I have normal 20 year old single girl plans. I don't really care about rings, location, date, colors, etc...I think it'll be fun to plan things like that with future hubby, after all, it is his wedding too. The converse aren't up for discussion though :P
By tine_choisricthemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 74, member since Sat Jun 20, 2009
On Thu Sep 17, 2009 01:09 PM
- Name: Amanda
- Age (optional!): 20 -- I'll be 22 when I get married
- Date of engagement: 1 January 2009
- Date of wedding: 11 June 2011
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): the church I've attended since I was a little girl
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3 of each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): pretty formal... he's in the Air Force and we're incorporating a lot of those traditions like the sword arch.
-The gown: Alfred Angelo 1139 - Strapless A-line, white with some navy around the waist. Not a whole lot of beading or embroidery. Very minimal train.
By TinyDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 772, member since Fri Aug 19, 2005
On Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:59 PM
olderdancer your getting married on my birthday!! it will be an excellent day then :) goodluck
By Incarnadinemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9923, member since Thu Oct 25, 2001
On Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 PM
Edited by Incarnadine (15186) on 2009-11-10 12:12:03
Name: Incarnadine, of course. ;)

Age (optional!): I’ll be 28 next month.

Date of engagement: November 1st, 2009

Date of wedding: October 10th, 2010

Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): We’re figuring this out now, and it’ll really come down to budget. We’re planning on being married at the name venue we have our reception. We’re still not sure on a venue though- but we’re hoping to nail that down before the first of the year. (Crossing fingers!)

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: Three of each.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): We’re going for a “magical fairy tale forest in fall” sort of look. I created a tentative “inspiration look” on Polyvore (picture provided) and this is kind of my jumping off point. I even already have the branch-center peices (from a friend's wedding, but I'm doing something totally different). I’m going for warm, earthy, rustic, natural and casual but with a touch of elegance and sparkle- it is a wedding after all!

The gown: Details or picture My dress is provided in the pics above. It has champagne accents (on the cuff at the bust and the lace up back) and my bride’s maids will be wearing a deep red with matching champagne accents (but in different places on each dress.)
By sexyirishdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 168, member since Wed Apr 02, 2008
On Tue Jan 26, 2010 01:35 PM
AHHH! My boyfriend proposed on Sunday and I'm so excited!

Name: Kelseigh

Date of engagement: January 24, 2010

Date of wedding: December 28, 2011 (or possibly the summer of 2012)

Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): We're going to get married in his church, which is absolutely gorgeous.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: Probably four of each, we're thinking.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): I think it'll be mostly formal, especially if it's in the winter. Although, if it's in the summer I think it'd be neat for the bridesmaids and me to go barefoot. If it's a winter wedding, the colors would be red and white, and a summer wedding would either be a dark blue or green.

The gown: All I know right now is that I want sparkles and a strapless dress. :) I like fitted tops and flowy skirts.

I'm on super excited mode right now, still, so all I can think about is this weekend. :)
By Dashuriamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2041, member since Wed Mar 27, 2002
On Fri Feb 12, 2010 09:11 PM
I don't know why I didn't do this before! ;) So here we go!

Name: Natalie
Date of engagement: July 15, 2009
Date of wedding: May 22, 2010
Location: Our ceremony will be in a church and the reception will be at a vineyard/winery.
Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 of each (including our best man and MOH) and a flower girl and ring bearer.
Your wedding style: Formal and elegant...but fun too! We are planning a few fun surprises. :)
The gown: It's...white! Haha I'm worried my fiance may accidentally see this...LOL. But I promise to post pics after the wedding. =D
By MGS Comments: 13, member since Tue Feb 23, 2010
On Tue Mar 09, 2010 05:25 PM
Name: Melissa

Age (optional!): 21 at engagement, 22 at wedding

Date of engagement: February 14, 2010

Date of wedding: August 21, 2010 (our five year anniversary)

Location: Ceremony in my parents' lovely yard. Reception at the banquet room of a local microbrewery. Its full-length windows provide picturesque views of a nearby mountain range.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4/4.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): Relatively informal, but still very traditional and classic. For our outdoor ceremony we will have white chairs and a white tent with a lemonade/beverage station and a cello/violin duo playing classical music. We're having a beer/wine reception with hors d'oeuvres catered by the venue, and we have hired a local band to play. We're incorporating a beer theme since my fiance and I are home brewers and microbrew fanatics. We'll have bottles of home brew as favors and we're having our reception at a world-famous local microbrewery, so we're definitely incorporating little touches to make it our own.

The gown: A simple A-Line satin gown with organza overlay. It is strapless with a ruched bust and simple beading underneath the bust line.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Thu Mar 18, 2010 07:19 AM
Name: Louise and Tim. The Stanleys.

Age (optional!): Currently me 24, him 29. By the time we get married, me 25 and him 31.

Date of engagement: 13th March 2010

Date of wedding: Aiming for October 2011

Location: Actual wedding in Las Vegas - hotel yet to be decided. Probably no more than 10 people with us - family and close friends. Then a reception at home, for everyone.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: I'm going to say no bridesmaids, because the only girls there will be my very closest friends, and it would be ridiculous to have them all as bridesmaids. Probably just our neice as flowergirl - she's 3 weeks old so she'll be on her feet by then.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): It's Vegas, so it's going to be informal-ish, but I'm still having a dress and no-one will tell me otherwise.

The gown: ^ Up there.
By Euphoriamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1909, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 AM

Name: Lynsey and Gareth

Age (optional!): both 28 at time of the wedding

Date of engagement: 12th Jan 2009

Date of wedding: 1st August 2010

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, 1 best man and 2 ushers

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): English Country Garden style. Informal feel, but with some traditional touches.

The gown: Pictured above. Its by Essence of Australia and honestly, the brochure pictures don't do it justice, its gorgeous.
By Mandance Comments: 2794, member since Tue Sep 20, 2005
On Sun May 09, 2010 05:57 PM
Name: Manda
- Age (optional!): 28
- Date of engagement: 2/14/2010
- Date of wedding: 10/22/2010
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Beach in Riviera Maya, Mexcio
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3 of each
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Our wedding and reception will take place on the beach so it won't be formal but we are still having a wedding party and it's going to be great!
-The gown: V-neck with beading under the bust and straight down with pleats
By Kaarinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 234, member since Thu Aug 24, 2006
On Wed May 12, 2010 11:39 AM
- Name: Elina

- Age (optional!): 27 (him 30)

- Date of engagement: 25/12/2009 (the best Christmas present imaginable <3)

- Date of wedding: 18/6/2011

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Church and then the reception at a small casino overlooking the sea.

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2/1

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Hopefully informal. It should be traditional, except for the Irish dancing (which is not traditional in here lol) and fun.

-The gown: I haven't decided yet (there are too many gorgeous dresses to pick one's favourite!). I want something quite simple, an A-line dress for sure, but I don't know if it's going to be strapless or with small sleeves. Luckily I still have loads of time :)
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Wed May 12, 2010 11:55 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG. Delete my first response to this thread. Ugh!!!!

- Name: The Stanleys.

- Age (optional!): Me 24, him 29. By the time of the wedding, me 25, him 31.

- Date of engagement: 13th of March 2010

- Date of wedding: October 2011, hoping for the 28th

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): *fingers crossed* the Bellagio, Las Vegas

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: Decided on no bridesmaids. All the girls coming, apart from mom and MIL, will be my best friends so it would be a touch silly to have them all. Oh, but now I feel a bit sad :( . Not sure about groomsmen - I assume he'll pick a best man but we won't need ushers.

- Your wedding style: Shoe theme.

- The gown: V-neck with proper bling. See diary.
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3478, member since Sun Sep 28, 2003
On Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:29 AM
Edited by Reidfidleir (74759) on 2010-06-02 11:34:54 forgot husband haha
- Name: Michael and Justine Rodriguez
- Age (optional!): Me:23 Him:30
- Date of engagement: December 21, 2007
- Date of wedding: August 9, 2008
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Taunton, Ma. Reception was at Lake Pearl in Wrentham, Ma
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3 each. (I would have probably had one flower girl if I could do it all again)
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Formal. I was going for an ethereal celtic style. Ended up more woodsy which was totally ok by me :)
-The gown: Details or picture
Gown was square shaped scoop in front. Octagonal bodice where skirt was (one of the details that sold me)
the back was net and buttons, and it had leaves and branches on top of the netting. Skirt was poofy and plain. Some tiny edging on bottom that was unnoticable. I loved the bodice though. It was corseted.

Pictures are best pics of dress without my face, groomsmen (hubby on left in Scottish jacket), and bridesmaids.
Page:
Page 4 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch