Forum: Adults / Weddings

Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Post your mini-profile here!
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Fri Jun 18, 2010 02:14 AM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2010-06-18 02:15:49
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2010-06-18 02:16:35 The picture of the dress isn't showing up
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2010-06-18 02:16:45 The picture of the dress isn't showing up
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2010-06-18 02:18:20
- Name: Courtney

- Date of engagement: 15th April, 2010

- Date of wedding: 18th December, 2010

- Location: This church (that's not a photo of my wedding, obviously, lol).
Image hotlink - 'http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/instantweddingphotography/MatthewKristi-001.jpg'

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: three bridesmaids, three groomsmen, two junior bridesmaids, two flower girls, one groomsboy (he's going to get ready with the guys and stand up the front with them, so he's not really a page boy, hehe)

- Your wedding style: Relaxed, I guess. We're having the ceremony in the church at a historical museum, and then the guests are going to go to the reception venue (our workplace), where we'll having the waterslide and some other activities open for the kids, and we'll have a sausage sizzle to make hungry tummies a little happier. We're both dancers, and we'll actually be doing two dances at seperate times, because I really wanted to do a swing waltz and he really wanted to do either a samba or a jive (we haven't decided which). I'll be getting a costume made for the latin, and my dress will actually work beautifully for the swing waltz.

-The gown:
Image hotlink - 'http://www.manhattanbridalusa.com/images/AD3395.jpg'
By highlanddancerUKmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1015, member since Tue Nov 30, 2004
On Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:57 AM
- Name: Emily

- Age (optional!): I'm 22 now and will be 23 at the wedding, fiance is 26 now and will be 27 at the wedding

- Date of engagement: 3rd March 2010

- Date of wedding: 11th June 2011

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Ceremony and reception are at a hotel near where we live - it has amazing grounds and feels a bit more like a stately home than a hotel

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: I'm having 3 bridesmaids - my older sister, and fiance's 2 nieces who will be 11 and 4. He's got his brother as best man, and his nephew will be with them too - he's been given the job of looking after the rings, as he'll be 10 so felt he was a bit old to be a pageboy!

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): I guess it's pretty formal in the set-up of the day - ceremony, then drinks/photos, then meal, then reception. There'll be a bit of a break between the meal and then evening reception so guests can go for a wander around the grounds or go and freshen up, and we managed to get the band for the evening that we really liked :)

-The gown: Haven't chosen it or been shopping for it yet - seen some ideas I like in magazines and will be going for something pretty traditional but not too poofy!
By dancingdiva83 Comments: 327, member since Sun Aug 08, 2004
On Mon Aug 30, 2010 05:48 PM
- Name: Amanda

- Age (optional!): 27

- Date of engagement: August 17th, 2010

- Date of wedding: July 16th, 2011

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): The ceremony will be a church...but we haven't as yet decided which one. The reception is in an inn that is part of an old train station.

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 on each side, plus a junior bridesmaid and flower girl

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Traditional but fun.

-The gown: Just got engaged two weeks ago so I'm still weeding through the countless magazines and websites!!
By Jitchiwahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2897, member since Tue Sep 03, 2002
On Wed Nov 03, 2010 03:17 AM
Edited by Jitchiwah (38272) on 2010-11-03 03:21:12
- Name: Jess & Andrew

- Age (optional!): 26 & 31

- Date of engagement: March 18th 2010 at 39000ft in an A380

- Date of wedding: November 11th 2011 (11/11/11)

- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Utopia@Waterfall Gully (www.waterfallgully.com.au). Ceremony on the lawn outside in front of the waterfall, then the reception in the restaurant.

- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: Not 100% sure but 2 of each, plus we have assorted young nieces and nephews so more than likely several flower girls/page boys.

- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) relaxed & intimate but still with traditional touches.

-The gown: It's chosen, and I'm paying the deposit saturday. I won't post photos as I just know he'll stumble across it and that would spoil the surprise. It's white, and long ;) Completely different to what I would originally have thought but it was perfect when I tried it on.
By Jennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3017, member since Thu Feb 27, 2003
On Tue Nov 23, 2010 05:44 PM
Edited by Odessa (22571) on 2010-11-26 18:42:41 that said "Justice of the Peach" so I changed it to "Justice of the Peace". LOL!
- Name: Jenna
- Age (optional!): 23 (24 at time of wedding)
- Date of engagement: November 20, 2009
- Date of wedding: January 2010
- Location: For safety reasons I dont want to get specific, but we have a Justice of the Peace doing a small indoor (obviously lol) ceremony for us then have rented a semi-seperate portion of the dining room at a local restaurant.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 0 Our Moms are being our witnesses
- Your wedding style: Very informal/intimate/casual
-The gown: See above. this was before alterations. It need to be taken in quite a bit, they didnt have it in my size and its too short notice to order this one so we are really relying on the seamstress here! (excuse the fact I look a little umkept, this is 1 hours post-root canal - ew!)
By ajjones Comments: 608, member since Mon Mar 15, 2004
On Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:35 AM
Name: Amanda

Age (optional!):30

Date of engagement: December 17, 2010

Date of wedding: September 3, 2011

Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): The ceremony is being held a chapel that was built in 1883 and the reception is at a heritage hall close by.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 3/3

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): It's going to be very classic/glamorous/traditional

The gown: Details or picture - I am having my dress made. I found a picture online. It;s very Grace Kelly meets Audrey Hepburn with a bit of Bettie Page
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Jan 04, 2011 05:22 PM

- Name: Theresa
- Age (optional!): 30
- Date of engagement: 2-15-09
- Date of wedding: 9-4-11
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Unless we come up with a different idea in the mean time, it'll actually be in a theme park!
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 2/2, I think. I think just my sisters and his sister. But I can't make it 3/1, because that'll be weird.
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Are you kidding? Wedding in a theme park? I can't go formal for that!
-The gown: Details or picture: I have neither. I kind of don't want my fiancee to see the dress, and I don't really have anybody to go with me to try them on. So I don't have a dress yes. I probably won't worry about that for years. I'm flirting with the idea of some color. I pretty much fell in love with one that had a red belt, that led around into a red overlay on the train. GORGEOUS. But my boyfriend said he didn't think it'd look that good on me, for one reason or another. (He said at the time, but I don't remember).

Surprisingly, not much of this has changed!

- Name: Theresa
- Age (optional!): 31
- Date of engagement: 2-15-09
- Date of wedding: 6-25-11
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Undecided. Jim is kind of taken with this little funky vintage-y chapel in our town, I'm kind of taken with a hotel in a town not far from here. Gives me that destination wedding feel I was after (Really. Google "bavarian inn frankenmuth MI". They don't have many pictures on their website, but it's crazy pretty)
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: We're now weighing in at a startling 4/1. Oof. Instead of a ring bearer and flower girl, we're going to have a junior groomsman and a junior bridesmaid (I have a problem we haven't really ever had before in my family - no girls! So our nine year old neice and James, our four year old son, are going to walk together and be a junior bridesmaid and groomsman, and we'll have no ringbearer or flower girl)
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Semi-formal. More unique than anything, I think.
-The gown: Details or picture: I don't have it picked yet. Found one I like that I showed Jim, and my mom just said she wants me to come down over spring break, so she can buy me one, which I didn't see coming, but was a nice surprise.
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:17 AM
Names: Amy and Trevor

Age (optional!): I am 27 and he is 36.

Date of engagement: No real set date. We just realized it's taking taking that direction and we're planning. :)

Date of wedding: We're shooting for December 12, 2011.

Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Disney World! :D There won't be a reception, but we will be going to dinner that night and inviting anyone who wants to come (they will be paying for their own meal) to join us since we're only having 18 people, plus us at the ceremony.

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 1/1. No flower girl, no ring bearer.

Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?): Very Unique and non-traditional. Very much non-religious. My friend who is a second mother to me is marrying us, she is a notary.

The gown: Details or picture: Demetrios Style 504 in Ivory. He saw it, he was with me when I chose it! www.demetriosbride.com . . . That is the gown, but I am ordering a fake one from the internet that looks exactly the same for $1200 LESS than what Demetrios wants for the real one. I could care less about labels, I just loved the way the dress looked, I didn't want to take it off in the store!
By Rollypolyclub Comments: 217, member since Fri Feb 04, 2005
On Thu Jun 09, 2011 08:43 AM
- Name:Stephanie Hannah
- Age (optional!): 24
- Date of engagement: August 2005
- Date of wedding:July 28, 2012
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Cute little church
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 6 Bridesmaids 2 groomsmen
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)I Don't really have a style. I'm a fun bubbly person and so is my fiance. We want our wedding to reflect our personalities!
-The gown: Ivory gown. It's sparkly but not too over the top. I don't want to post too many details in case my fiance is lurking these boards :P Who knows
By HollieErin Comments: 3422, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Tue Sep 06, 2011 07:02 AM
- Name: Hollie and J
- Age (optional!): 25/24
- Date of engagement: August 28th 2011
- Date of wedding: October 2012
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): No idea, we want and indoor/outdoor venue however.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 4/4
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?)Classic is the word I'm using to discribe what we want. With fun elements (popcorn bar!)
-The gown: Details or picture
Image hotlink - 'http://www.davincibridal.com/images/large%20thumb/50054FM.jpg'
By Dances4LifePremium member Comments: 849, member since Thu Sep 22, 2011
On Mon Jan 07, 2013 05:45 PM
- Name: Rachel & William
- Age (optional!): 27/30
- Date of engagement: October 19, 2012
- Date of wedding: October 19, 2013
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): Outside for the ceremony and in a large beautiful barn for the reception.
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 (and 2 juniors)/4
- Your wedding style (formal? informal? your own unique touches?) Informal. It'll just be fun!
-The gown: I would post the photo from the bridal boutique website but their photo is awful. The gown is a strapless lace fit and flare ivory gown. It looks great on me. However, I am hoping to lose a ton of weight before the wedding.
By Miyuki_chanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1496, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:55 AM
Name: Heather and Amr (groom)

Age (optional!): 27

Date of engagement: 1/1/2013

Date of wedding: not set yet

Location: both ceremony and reception will be at a local banquet hall

Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 5 each

Your wedding style informal. we will be blending both the American culture and Egyptian culture as well as both Christianity and Islam.

The gown: My gown is a spaghetti strap sweetheart neckline chiffon with a lace burnout overlay that splits from the empire waistline and goes down either side. I will be making some changes to it to make it more modest as it will be an Islamic wedding. I'm still researching how to do this, my current idea is to wear something like an under armour shirt underneath, which could both serve as a modesty piece and a way to suck in my gut a bit.
By simonaannie Comments: 1, member since Tue Dec 24, 2013
On Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:17 PM
- Name: simona annie
- Date of engagement: 2012.4.16
- Date of wedding: 2013.9.9
- Location (church?other religious building?city hall?boat?park? etc): beach
- Number of bridesmaids/groomsmen: 10
- Your wedding style : forma
-The gown: Details or picture- just like this: www.pandadress.com . . .
Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch