Forum: Sports / Sports Photos - Misc

My little sister is working on her straddle splits How is she doing?
By Missy44
On Fri Jan 03, 2003 08:25 PM

Good or Bad?

13 Replies to My little sister is working on her straddle splits How is she doing?

re: My little sister is working on her straddle splits How is she doing?
By Jazz_girl
On Fri Jan 03, 2003 09:03 PM
wow good
By LiLMzDaNcEr14
On Sat Jan 04, 2003 08:33 AM
Good, But Tell Her To Have Her Knees Up & Facing The Ceiling, She Is Rolling In & It's Bad For Your Knees.
By DancinBug
On Sat Jan 04, 2003 04:42 PM
I agree...great job, but gotta keep those toes up!!!!
By funkiejmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:31 PM
yeah she is flexible but she is totally TURNED IN!! not good not good. must turn the toes and knees up up up straight to the ceiling. andI think she ought to sit up straighter--tell her to push her back backwards--for a while she will feel like she is gonna fall over, but it is important to have the hip flexors strong enough to support the back straight and the legs UP! that is very important. waht kind of dancing does she do?
show us pics of her working on her side splits. once she gets those with her hips facing ONE DIRECTION, get her to start on OVERSPLITS! those are the best for flexibility!!
but wow, thats a great split and what a pretty girl!
By balletblondie08member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:16 AM
Edited by balletblondie08 (18881) on 2003-01-05 00:20:53
i have noticed that lots of little kids seem to have turned in splits(why is that?) i know im still struggling to have my splits not turned in.! heres a pic of my cousin doing splits-looks nice, but again she's turned in! duz anyone know how to fix this or why it is?
Image hotlink - 'http://www.geocities.com/aerobixkid/rachsolosplits.jpg'
straddle splits...
By tumblebugPremium member
On Sun Jan 05, 2003 09:00 AM
Have her face a wall in her straddle splits with her knees facing up and her feet against the wall. Push from behind until she is in the straddle splits against the wall, or as far as she can go.
By eclecticballet
On Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:11 AM
ahh, that loks like it hurt a lot. make sure she doesnt dohe rother splits liek that ,or she wll rench her knees. btu veyr flexible, props!
By ProvincialDreamr
On Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:15 AM
it's just b/c little kids haven't developed the muscles in their legs to hold turn out.... so don't force it too early, have her do some exercises to help her hold it.... or let it develop over time....
By xXxDancinDIVAxXxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 18, 2003 09:30 PM
yes shes flexable, but please please pleaseeee tell her to turn her legs out! that it so bad for her knees! all my students in my beginner ballet and beginner jazz classes (they're all gymnasts) all turn in like that! omg- its painful for me to watch. otherwise, her flexability looks good
By tapcat601
On Sun Jan 19, 2003 05:14 PM
good
By draculaslave
On Wed Jan 22, 2003 07:31 PM
Very nice, but shes turned it!!! Keep your knees facing up. The way she has her legs cant possibly be good for her!
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:02 PM
Aww shes doin gr8 but she will hav 2 keep her knees turned up and not sit bak on her bottom so much.
Luv Helen xxx
By lifehouse_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:06 PM
Pretty good. BUT big BUT she has her knees turned in and thats horrible. it's ugly and not good for your body. She needs to work on being turned out. My little sister is 10 and she has her toes to the floor with her legs turned out. Same here. Think TURNED OUT and pinky toes on the GROUND! ttyl
Jill

ReplySendWatch