Forum: France / France - General

Teaching in France next year
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:30 AM

As the title suggests, I'm going to be teaching in France next year as part of my university course (I'm studying French).

Anyway, I'm wondering about TV - I don't know much about what kinds of programmes you guys have in France, but do you get the popular American programmes, like Lost and Desperate Housewives? And are they dubbed, or subtitled?

If not, what are the popular and well-known programmes?

I started thinking about this last night, and realised I don't actually know!

5 Replies to Teaching in France next year

re: Teaching in France next year
By twinkletoes84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 08, 2006 03:58 PM
Hey

I was there last year for my year abroad!! but we didnt get to teach, we went to uni. are you going wth the british council? cos some peeps have applied to go back and do that this year! sounds really cool! except everyone's on a waiting list at the moment.

we lived in a youth hostel... which was really fun... but there was only one tv on each floor .. so we didnt get to see that much... but what we did see was generally dubbed. i think we saw Friends a couple of times.. i think they were behind us wth that though. so yeah i think the have most poopular american programmes. we saw sex and the city too.. which was dubbed!

You'll have an ace time next year!! where abouts in France are you going?

twinkletoes
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jun 09, 2006 04:49 PM
I found out yesterday, actually, that I'm going to a town called Thionville, just north of Metz. I'm going to be really close to Germany and Luxembourg, which will be great for travelling. (Oh, and by some bizarre coincidence, my boyfriend has been placed in the same town as me... out of the whole of France!)

Yeah, its with the British Council. I'm getting nervous now, about having to sort out accommodation and getting a bank account... I mean, its hard enough in English!
On Sat Jun 10, 2006 03:28 PM
Hey thats ace about your boyfriend... what a bizarre coincidence! you'll have each other to help each ther out and stuff!! i went with my best friend and we had the best time! I didnt get a bank account out there cos we were in uni and obviously didnt need to be paid and we were only there for 5 months... but i'll try and find out as much info from my friends about what they did and stuff and the kinds of questions they got asked.
By mintymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:04 AM
well, you get desperate housewives in French right now on the 6th channel
it depends whether you've got cable or not ; if not, you get about 5 channels ; if yes, you can watch cnn, and loads of films in english too....
I live in France, so PM me if you want more answers...
On Wed Jun 28, 2006 07:21 AM
Hey looks like im going to be teaching in France next year too!! i'm going to Poitiers!! should be ace!!

ReplySendWatch