Poll: Folk / African Dance

Why is the African Dance section of Dance.net less active these days?
By selormculture
On Wed Jun 14, 2006 03:17 PM

Don't you agree with me that we need to keep African dance lively? Speak your minds on how to heat up the page of African Dance.

4 Replies to Why is the African Dance section of Dance.net less active these days?

my point of view
By bailarina12
On Thu Jun 15, 2006 06:12 AM
hello, from my point of view and speaking from where im, maybe it´s not so active because there are not many schools and dancers of these kind of dance. Unless here in Spain, there are few schools where you can learn it. Here in Andalucia, south of Spain, i know that there is only one, i met the teacher in a course of dance some years ago in Granada and i loved the classes, but that´s the problem unless here, we can´t learn it cos we don´t have teachers nad that´s why we don´t get in the section so often because we are first more interrested in seeing what is up about the dance we practice, and after seeing that we have a look at the others sections, i have some pictures about the african course i went, ill post them later
re: Why is the African Dance section of Dance.net less active these days?
By selormculture
On Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:32 PM
I agree with you, taking into consideration your geographical location. It is also unfortunate that schools are not common in Spain.

It is also difficult for teachers to come unless they are invited. Many teachers would love to teach these dances but are limited by immigration rules.

But looking broader beyond Spain and places where African dances are not performed I still think that more people could visit this page than it is the case now. Don't you think so?

Thanks for the enlightening response.
By bailarina12
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 07:27 AM
Yes it´s true, you are right, people should visit the site though it was just for curiosity, but meanwhile they get interrested or not just let´s keep posting interresting stuff.
It´s true that the african teachers have to be invited for giving a course or classes, but this kind of dance is not in demand, let´s remember most of people follow the crazes, so the african dance needs a sort of Shakira for spreading it. People just need to see it, because you don´t know if you like a thing unless you try it or see it, and people would need to have a look at african dance to know how great it is.
By selormculture
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:47 AM
Thanks again. ls it possible we could get an opportunity to just dance African dance for free in your country? lol

Don't worry if you can't help.

All the best.

ReplySendWatch