Forum: Sports / Sports Photos - Misc

just some random pics a friend took of me
By Semi_Stretchymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 06, 2003 01:58 PM

these are just some random pictures my friend took of me a little while back. sorry for the poor quality, but 2 of them are screen captures from my webcam,lol!!

melissa:-)

17 Replies to just some random pics a friend took of me

re: just some random pics a friend took of me
By FlippinCrazy
On Mon Jan 06, 2003 05:46 PM
Oh wow! Ur pictures r great! I'm very impressed! I absolutely love ur flexibility! Post more pics!
By huilinglee
On Mon Jan 06, 2003 06:39 PM
wow.... really cool. You've great flexibility!
Keep posting yeah!!
On Mon Jan 06, 2003 08:43 PM
thanks :) i'll be posting some more, sure :) but do i have to post a new topic every time i post? i'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure,lol!

melissa
By wetnoodle
On Tue Jan 07, 2003 06:45 AM
oh my goodness i think you've got one of the strongest and most flexible backs in dance.net!! *applause* those were cool...go post them in the stretching forum too! and yeah, start a new topic everytime. i mean, why not? :)
On Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:09 AM
WOW! thanks,lol! but i don't think i'm that good yet. i haven't been backbending for very long. plus, i've never taken rythmic gymnastics, and those girls are truly flexible. especially since they start at a young age:-) i'm pretty old to just be getting started in the backbending field,hahaha!!:-)

mel.
By FlippinCrazy
On Tue Jan 07, 2003 04:31 PM
Do u mean that u built up that flexibility? Ur back and stuff????
On Tue Jan 07, 2003 06:00 PM
yeah. i just started backbending about 4 months ago. although i've studied the body mechanics and techniques for flexibility training for almost 10 years, i'd never actually done backbending before,just splits and frontbending. i'd never even heard of contortion up until about 5 months ago.lol! i just used the knowledge i had of the muscles and bones to help me with my training.

m.
By FlippinCrazy
On Tue Jan 07, 2003 06:35 PM
Wow! So u juss got that back flexibility from nowhere?
On Tue Jan 07, 2003 09:07 PM
well, i guess you could say that. but i do a lot of things that help improvement. i know what to do and what NOT to do, to prevent injuries. and i also know things to do to increase bloodflow(which promotes healing,which makes you progress a little faster)it's really just a combination of knowledge of different subjects.

mel.
By huilinglee
On Wed Jan 08, 2003 02:52 AM
hey..that's really cool. Can you teach me how to get my back flexibility back? I haven't done it for a while and you only took 4 months to get that flexible!!!
How old are you btw??
On Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:09 PM
i actually posted a reply to a post in the stretching section in a post about back flexibility. i put some stretches that are very good :) check them out and let me know what you think.
oh, i'm 20 by the way,lol! i know, pretty old to just be starting backbending,hahaha!!

mel. :)
By GKtpt03
On Wed Jan 08, 2003 06:26 PM
You really sound like a jack of all trades, so do you like teach a class on yoga or are you like a personal trainer at a gym or none of these haha...?

greg
On Wed Jan 08, 2003 07:42 PM
well, i honestly don't know much when it comes to yoga, just the basic poses. i taught for several years, and i'm trying to get back into it, but it's not something thats called for a lot in my area. i took dance for a short while, but i never really wanted to teach it. i like to teach just straight stretching and flexibility.when it gets a little closer to summer and is a little warmer, i'm going to start a local stretching class in my area. it will probably take a little while, but it'll be worth it :)

melissa
By huilinglee
On Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:01 PM
hey, I am 20 too...and that's not too old right??!?!
hahaha.... will go and check in streches and i'll let ya know! Thanks
By wetnoodle
On Thu Jan 09, 2003 06:30 AM
how did you get into the bottom left and top left positions, btw? they look very difficult.
On Thu Jan 09, 2003 09:51 AM
the bottom left is called a forearm archover. it's actually not that hard to get into, but takes practice to be able to balance,LOL!! you just go into a backbend, then slowly lower yourself to your elbows. once there, adjust your forearms so that you have a good "base" to balance on. then sort of "rock" back, so that your chest is moving back slightly and increasing the arch in your back, then using your back, stomache, and arms muscles, slowly lift your feet off the ground. this may be difficult at first, so it helps if you have a low step stool to put your feet on first, before lifting them up.
the top left is slightly more difficult. you can either go from a backbend and lower yourself to your elbows and then to your chest, OR you can start by kneeling and placing your chin and chest on the floor and kicking your legs over and putting them on the floor. whichever way, you'll end up in a basic chestand. from there, i lift my legs up a little and move them into the lotus position and then just relax my back. the hardest part for me is trying to figure out how i need to move my legs to get them in the lotus. in that position,your sense of direction gets a little distorted!hahaha!!

mel. :)
By rhythmic_gymnast
On Thu Jan 09, 2003 09:25 PM
Man ur flexi u should so try rhythmic ud be soooo good :)

ReplySendWatch