Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Beginners

Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3
re: Guide to annoying posts on DDN-Ballet and lots of information for beginners!
By maple333 Comments: 154, member since Mon Feb 19, 2007
On Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 PM
I just want to say THANK YOU JUSTINE for this post! Before my first ballet class I was one of these people who did the "Am I too late to start?" ( thank goodness I wasn't a member of DDN back then! )I actually e-mailed a studio I was looking at with a very long, very embarrassing "can go en pointe? am I too old? can I learn splits? bla bla bla". Oh well, I guess we all learn. So anyways, thanks!!!! :)
ya...
By dancerchick9000 Comments: 65, member since Sun Sep 10, 2006
On Mon Mar 19, 2007 07:35 PM
thank you! EVERYONE HAS TO READ STICKYS! some of us at DDN get sick of answering lame questions like that, especially the "AM I TOO FAT?" one!
re: Guide to annoying posts on DDN-Ballet and lots of information for beginners!
By studiorouge Comments: 50, member since Mon Mar 19, 2007
On Fri Apr 06, 2007 09:25 PM
Thank-you for all the links. It's been a great help for this newbie dancer in navigating through all of the information on this website.

Tam
Don't be annoyed!
By Danseller Comments: 53, member since Wed Feb 21, 2007
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 03:54 PM
There are a lot of questions the novice will have, particularly since the world of Ballet is so unknown to the general population, and the depictions of it in many movies is so skewed - often to add drama to the story by emphasizing the negative aspects. Of course older beginners should not be looking to pursue it as a profession, but there are a lot of parts that adults can play in ballets to enhance the value of a production with a Civic ballet program or recital school.
By Adagio_ Comments: 76, member since Sat Apr 21, 2007
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:50 AM
Thanks a lot :). I'm starting ballet next week for the first time, and as a late starter, I really appreciate this sticky. Wish I could give karma.
By EchoDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 941, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Mon May 28, 2007 08:16 PM
When I first started I didn't know what stickies were so don't criticize the newbies for not reading them! If you were never told about the bold threads, verses not bold, your eyes pass right over them and don't even notice. However now that this is clear, hopefully more people will read the stickies.
-Panda
By rmdanceguy1 Comments: 903, member since Sat Nov 19, 2005
On Wed May 30, 2007 08:11 PM
I agree with your thread completely here. There are several threads on the same topic in each forum.

However, in defense of some people some threads go without activity for long periods of time. So, when a new person cannot respond to the original thread they must start a new and therefore creates a duplicate thread on the same topic. This has happened to me a lot. I would respond to the original thread if I could.

I also agree that new beginners post those because they are looking for encouragement and actual help. Sometimes, you can't always talk to your instructor. It is sometimes helpful to ask an independent third party for their opinion or help.
By XxcutexballetxX Comments: 21, member since Wed Jan 31, 2007
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 04:34 PM
Karma and kudos to you!!
By balletgurl03member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 219, member since Sat Jan 20, 2007
On Tue Jun 12, 2007 05:42 PM
Thanks so much for this post! I agree!

Karma!
By balletgurl03member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 219, member since Sat Jan 20, 2007
On Tue Jun 12, 2007 05:44 PM
Wait! I would love to actually give it karma, but I can't (I learned 30 seconds ago!)

xoxox,
Balletgurl03
By spicegalinbk Comments: 3, member since Wed Jul 18, 2007
On Wed Jul 18, 2007 09:51 AM
thanks for the advice. I lost alot of my flexibility last summer when i stopped stretching. I had to spend about 4 months stretching hard to get my split back. i wished i had seen this b4
By Chapter17member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 339, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:05 AM
Wow. That helped. The sticky posts seem to hold the most information for the subjects. I always go to those first. Thank you for sharing!
By ROSALIE Comments: 32, member since Mon Jan 07, 2008
On Tue Jan 08, 2008 05:50 PM
i'm new to ballet and this really helped me alot! thanks!!!!
By miraclemeisan07 Comments: 1, member since Tue Jan 15, 2008
On Wed Jan 16, 2008 03:18 AM
hi..
i am a new member of DDN.i would like to ask, why some topics, i could not reply?i am from Malaysia..
nice to meet you guys in DDN...
By Mishka Comments: 424, member since Wed Jan 16, 2008
On Thu Jan 24, 2008 08:24 AM
Thank you so much for this!!! =P It`s good to know! Thanks...
By Dancing_Girl96member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 153, member since Sun Mar 09, 2008
On Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:51 AM
Thanks sooo much for this post! Im not a beginner but it still helps to read this.
By pete4 Comments: 47, member since Fri Mar 07, 2008
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:36 AM
Thanks. I'm new here, so I don't know anything about all the annoying questions and posts that you get all the time and just think "oh I can't be bothered even reading it".
Hopefuly I won't post any that are annoying.
By vballmonkey433 Comments: 85, member since Sat Apr 28, 2007
On Mon May 26, 2008 03:32 PM
Thank you for making this sticky. I'm just starting ballet this summer and this really helped!
By XxXballetXxX Comments: 29, member since Sun Jun 08, 2008
On Sun Jun 08, 2008 04:29 AM
Thanks alot for this! it's awesome for people out there who do complain and all those things! Thanks!
By Sulli_Ballet Comments: 96, member since Sat Jul 19, 2008
On Tue Jul 29, 2008 02:36 PM
Hi! I just read your topic on annoying posts and I have to say thanks! This is my first reply and I posted my first topic today as well so I have to say you are a great help for a new member a wee bit lost right now. Surely I will continue to check all ten pages on the topics posted prior to starting any new topic that could be previously covered! Thanks again!
By luvxx2xxdancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1174, member since Thu Mar 05, 2009
On Wed Mar 25, 2009 03:27 PM
Oh thank you!! Speaking the truth!! =]
By Olivia5Dances Comments: 14, member since Tue Aug 11, 2009
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 07:36 PM
Thanks so much, i'm 16 and starting my first ballet class this year and reading this has relly motivated and made me feel more confident :)
By dancemaster12 Comments: 8, member since Tue Dec 09, 2008
On Wed Aug 26, 2009 02:24 PM
I agree too many people dont read the topics and put anything in the posts
By tiffyp89 Comments: 36, member since Tue Mar 10, 2009
On Fri Jan 15, 2010 05:39 PM
this sticky is so great! If it wasn't for these stickies and DDN I probably still wouldn't have started ballet and l'd be missing out on SO much.
Thank you!!
By heranimalgracemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 72, member since Sun Apr 18, 2010
On Wed Apr 21, 2010 07:53 PM
Thank you for this! I just started ballet again in the fall and I found this so helpful. :)
Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch