This is Kim after winning U12
hip hop at ennis last weekend :)
She danced FAB! Please leave your comments
Lots of love Hazel xxxxxxxx

9 Replies to KIM-WINNER OF U12 HIP HOP AT ENNIS!!xxxxx

re: KIM-WINNER OF U12 HIP HOP AT ENNIS!!xxxxx
By Invent
On Wed Jun 28, 2006 04:00 PM
Hmmm.. $20 says this isnt the type of comment you were lookng for....

I think dressing up little kids and forcing them to dance in front of and get judged by a bunch of people that have no knowledge of the true styles of this dance... is sickening...

Particularly the dressing them up and doin all the make up and costumes and crap...

These pagent type "dance" competitions should be done away with...

There's my comment

Invent
By sitoverhere
On Wed Jun 28, 2006 09:20 PM
i completely agree with invent.
By RaspberryTeamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jun 29, 2006 09:53 AM
Invent i tottaly disagree. I doubt she would of been able to win it.. lets say if she just went toclass cause her parents said so. No she won meaning she must of been good;.. hence she must of practised outside of school. Im sure also that if kim didnt want to dress up (in a green jacket .. hardly lets dress up as fairies is it!!) and wear make-up she could of said can you tone it down.

If you find it so sick to look at....my adive is

DONT look! :)

cya xx
By RaspberryTeamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jun 29, 2006 09:55 AM
o and another thing.. she isnt really a little kid. Im fifteen and see her as a older child.. a little kid is about 5.
By BrownEyedGurly
On Sat Jul 01, 2006 04:05 PM
If she didn't want to be there then i really doubt she would be.
and if she didn't want to be there i doubt that she would have given her dance much effort.
i'm guessing that she was there because dance is something she loves to do.
yes some of the clothing choices for children that dance aren't the best.
but they're just costumes.
you know like you wear on halloween?
and they don't dress like that outside of dance.
But anyways
Congrats. Kim!!
By wee_lucimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:47 AM
Well done on winning Im sure you were fab
and to Invent I dont think their is anything wrong with competitions. and children aren't forced to dance if they didnt want to dance they would refuse.
When you see pictures of children at competions they are always smiling and look so happy. I think you are entiteled to your opinon but I dont think you should share it on here.
By izzy89member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 13, 2006 01:34 PM
mhmh i like the green costume but i think that this kind of make - up (i mean come on, fake eye lashes?) was too much, espessialy on a girl her age. anyway congratulations
By Foxystarmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 14, 2006 02:44 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone(except for 'invent' and 'sitoverhere')!!!
Just to let everyone know,this was a disco dancing comp that kim was at and hip hop was just a small event after the main comp and she didnt have time to remove her make up from the disco comp which ended 10 mins before...in other words she had a very quick change!!!!
She danced AMAZING and loves hip hop :D
She decided she wanted to enter the comp herself!!
Thank you though to sugarplum,browneyedgurly,wee_lucy and izzy89 for the nice comments
Lots of love Hazel xxxx
By Invent
On Sat Jul 15, 2006 01:26 AM
MMMM...

You see... the thing is... I didnt talk about Kim. I didn't say bad things about her. I said bad things about those particular types of competitions.

It was pointed out to me that the make up is required in disco. That's exactly my point... WHY ARE THEY MAKING LITTLE KIDS WEAR MAKE UP!?!?!? It has no bearing whatsoever on talent and daance ability.

Having said that... Kim was the winner of U12 hip-hop at Ennis... that obviously proves she is an exceptional dancer, and very dedicated since she participates in different styles of dance.

Please re-read my original post, I in no way, shape or form said anything bad about Kim... just the people who organize these events :) I'm sure those are adults who can take some criticism.

Thank you foxystar for thoroughly reading my comment and comprehending it. And for the lovely PM. Cheers.

Invent

ReplySendWatch Draw