Forum: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Page:
Page 2 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
You might be a dancer if...
By dancerchick9000 Comments: 65, member since Sun Sep 10, 2006
On Mon Sep 11, 2006 08:00 PM
-You have less toenails than your friends do.
-Compared to other people, your feet look BAD.
-When you just randomly start dancing to any kind of music, even if it is not a song you can dance to.
-When you're nervous during a test at school, you start doing the "Shim Sham Shimmy".
-You quote "like people to see you're flexible.
re: You might be a dancer if......
By SweetTexas1117 Comments: 9, member since Wed Sep 06, 2006
On Thu Sep 14, 2006 02:56 PM
I know when i'm at my friend's houses ill be like dancing around their houses i just can't help it!
My one friend Steve is like WALK! everytime i do that.
He gets so mad but 'yall know hes just jealous;)
By dancerinheaven Comments: 7, member since Sat Sep 16, 2006
On Mon Sep 18, 2006 05:48 PM
- when your sitting in church and your mom yells at you to stop humming and tap dancing
- when you walk in a turn out and people make fun of you
- when people you dont know can tell the dance company you go to because of all the shirts you wear
By dancehappy03member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 236, member since Sat Sep 23, 2006
On Sat Sep 23, 2006 03:48 PM
You know your a dancer when....
1. You get in trouble for always dancing around the house
2. You walk with your toes first and in a turn-ou (lol that is me!! ;D)
"you walk with your toes first unconciously"
By IndianDance Comments: 48, member since Mon Mar 22, 2004
On Sun Sep 24, 2006 03:18 AM
Of course, "you walk with your toes first unconciously" if you are a ballet dancer... Otherwise.... :)
By lizzylizard Comments: 351, member since Sun Jul 16, 2006
On Wed Sep 27, 2006 09:55 PM
if class is canceled you go into your room and cry your eyes out.....until you realize that its a time to stretch!
By pink_and_sparkly Comments: 7, member since Sat Sep 30, 2006
On Sat Sep 30, 2006 03:41 AM
i cant help but do my routines at school any1 else
By tuttifruttymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1093, member since Sat Mar 26, 2005
On Sun Oct 01, 2006 03:51 PM
- You spend more hours at your dance academy than studying at your regular school
By SweetTexas1117 Comments: 9, member since Wed Sep 06, 2006
On Thu Oct 05, 2006 05:53 PM
- your friends come over for manicures and ask why you have so much clear nail polish and no other colors
By SkittleMeDee Comments: 91, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Mon Oct 30, 2006 08:32 AM
When you can't speak a word of french but can fake it with ballet terminology.

When you have friends who make fun of you and call you 'penguin'
By hkuras Comments: 8, member since Sun Aug 20, 2006
On Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:09 PM
- your christmas stocking looks like a pointe shoe.

I saw one at the store a few years ago and I begged my mom to get it. It's so cute!
By jaylee Comments: 101, member since Thu Oct 26, 2006
On Sat Nov 04, 2006 05:39 PM
I love this! :D Another of my personal favorites is when sitting in a boring class or meeting you find yourself "dancing" under your chair or desk...my feet just never seem to stop...I even dance while I'm teaching my Kindergardeners! They've gotten used to it and now just tease me, "you're dancing again, Miss P".
By dancerina234 Comments: 22, member since Sun Mar 19, 2006
On Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:37 PM
its so fun reading these!! and i love how many of them are like actually true!
By mad_tapper Comments: 263, member since Wed Feb 16, 2005
On Sun Nov 12, 2006 08:17 PM
-You spend all your class time drawing dance costumes and making up dances and then you fail (or close to)
-The only answer when your friends ask you to do something:
"I have dance" so eventually you pretty much become a social reject
-You tell the random people sitting beside you in class when you're starting choreo, what your costumes and songs are going to be and complain about your arches- they clearly don't care
By NZDancerChick Comments: 161, member since Sun May 07, 2006
On Sun Nov 12, 2006 08:37 PM
-You come to school and spend all morning talking about what you did last night at dance class, even when everyone starts to completely ignore you.
-When anything remotely related to dance crops up in conversation, it gets you started on a huge story about something that happened to you at dancing.
-You can amaze your friends by speaking in French then claim you've never taken a french lesson in your life - just a ballet one!

Haha a lot of these are so true! Great list!
By chorsinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 163, member since Wed Jun 14, 2006
On Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:47 PM
^ haha, ad.2, it's like:
someone: I really like that yellow decoration in the butique
me: yes! a wonderful colour! it reminds me on the tutus for the Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude, you know, it's such a wonderful ballet! It...

random football (soccer) fan: ...but Molina saved this goal attempt.
me: Molina? ha, his name is so similar to Polina. you know, Polina Semionova, from Staatsballett Berlin. She is soooo perfect! She...

and so on and so forth... ;) For me it's even twice as bad cuz I also love figure skating. it's like... somebody: we could have ice-cream for dessert. me: that would be cool, oh, and BTW, Holiday on Ice is having a performance this week in our city...
By smilnsingermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 164, member since Sat Feb 18, 2006
On Tue Nov 14, 2006 01:25 PM
you know your a dancer if-
--you do releves while drinking from the water fountain at school
--you peke and then push the door open when you straighten your leg
--you think the perfect place to stretch is by doing over splits off of the first shelf in your locker
By little_giry Comments: 413, member since Sun Aug 20, 2006
On Tue Nov 14, 2006 02:40 PM
- You intend to skip a college career-y seminar for an Irish dance competition.
- When in ROTC and instructed to walk a little on your toes, you walk on full releve, feet turned out. (I never did this, but my friend did!)
- You dance in P.E.
- Your friends routinely say to you, "Hey you should dance for us!"
- I once took a trip to a NASA base with my school, saw one of the workers doing one of my Irish dance school's hornpipes, and then finally met her at a competition a year after that. It was quite fun actually haha. /Me: Oh, wait! Do you work at NASA? Her: (She looked very scared) ...yeah... Me: My school took a trip there in May! I saw you dancing! Her: Oh! Oh my goodness yeah I guess it was me!/ Yeah it was fun lol we talked for a while until I had to run to do my last dance.
- Your friends know your dance schedule
- Your answering machine message on your cell phone says, "Since I'm obviously not here right now, I'm probably at dance."
- You constantly dance with your hands.
- The guys at your lunch table can dance last night's allegro combination with their hands, and pronounce it more or less correctly.
- You hate being sick because you don't get to dance!
- Your parents have to force you to stay home from dance when you are sick. "*cough* *cough* *wheeze* I'm fine I'm fine! Please, I *sneeze* wanna dance! I'm *cough* fine!"
These are so great! And so true lol. I always do chaines and grand jetes in the aisles of the grocery store lol.
By dancing_jenna Comments: 103, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Tue Nov 14, 2006 05:33 PM
since most of mine were already said...

*you have more clothes in your dance bag than closet
*your away message always has something to do with "at dance"

*you don't know what it's like to wake up without some pain

*you can you know your pointe shoe brand, name, size and width by heart

*your friends think it's AMAZING you can go to dance every night until 9:30 or later and still have time to do everything else

*can enlighten your french class with your knowledge of dance related words

*most of your sentences start with "this one time at dance..." or "last night at dance..." ect.

haha!
jenna
By dancing_jenna Comments: 103, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Tue Nov 14, 2006 05:36 PM
oh and i forgot!!

*at a high school musical dance audition they crowd is truely impressed when you do a triple and land it then flow into the next step
By highlanddancerUKmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1015, member since Tue Nov 30, 2004
On Wed Nov 29, 2006 07:03 AM
hehe i love this post! :)

about the "walking in a turned out position" ones...my friend asked me earlier this year if I had something wrong with my legs cause I was walking in turn-out
By ilovetap889 Comments: 43, member since Mon Jul 10, 2006
On Thu Nov 30, 2006 02:37 PM
-You come to school and spend all morning talking about what you did last night at dance class, even when everyone starts to completely ignore you
omg it is the worst habit but i can't stop talking about ti

some more of my favorites:
you don't dance for a week, and even your brother notices

you have fights with gymnasts about who works harder

your body cracks loud enough to stop social studies class but you don't hear it

and my all time favorite one:
you are well coordinated in dance class but trip over your own feet just walking
By dancerchick8 Comments: 92, member since Fri Nov 03, 2006
On Fri Dec 01, 2006 09:45 PM
All of those are so true, especially the one about doing grand jetes down empty long hallways.! :)
By sophsterrmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1297, member since Thu Jun 23, 2005
On Sat Dec 02, 2006 02:39 AM
...when you go and pick something up and your back leg goes up to a penchee. When people try to push it down, it doesn't budge. Then people start asking "what's wrong with you? you're too skinny to be that strong.
By lovetodance1017 Comments: 28, member since Tue Nov 07, 2006
On Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:03 AM
-when you hear a song to one of your dances, you start doing the dance, even if you are in a public place.
-you constantly watch your dance recital tapes/dvds and try to learn all the dances your not in
-you spend all your time on dance.net
Page:
Page 2 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch