Forum: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Page:
Page 3 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: You might be a dancer if......
By funkyflower01 Comments: 206, member since Tue Oct 10, 2006
On Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:40 PM
-you spend all your time when your not dancing talking to anyone who will listen about dancing even if they actually arent listening and you are talking to yourself
-you get excited that a new leotard has been released
-you laugh because your friend says they have no social life and all she does is homework.
By krldancervt Comments: 164, member since Fri Nov 24, 2006
On Tue Dec 12, 2006 02:34 PM
...you are wearing at least 3 layers of clothes at any given time, even in the midde of summer

...you've gotten yelled at for tapping your feet at your desk

...when you zone out in school you either practice your dances or choreograph new ones

...you can't go a day without having a conversation about dancing

...you have more dance shoes than regular shoes

...jeans are dressy because you are so used to wearing sweatpants

...you have bigger calf muscles than the football players at your school

...you set up your room to have the most space on your floor to dance

...you don't just want an ipod...you need one for dance

...when you go shopping for regular clothes, you make sure that they are something that can be used for dance too
By irishgirl93 Comments: 423, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Tue Dec 12, 2006 03:52 PM
people come to your house and think your carpet is made of bobbby-pins!

you know every single dance brand out there and when someone says that they got some special designer prom dress you have no idea what so ever of what they are talking about

school is a place of practice not a place of learning

one of your main arguments is that there is no way that soccer can be considered a sport if dance is not

some of the most commonly used words in your vocabulary are dance terms or inside jokes with dance friends

you are more interested in getting that certain place in a ballet than finding that perfect guy (or girl ( ; )

heheh i love this post

xoxo MO'D
By AppleyBallerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 367, member since Tue Aug 08, 2006
On Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:40 AM
- you like looking at photos of other peoples feet.
- you post photos of your feet on the internet.

:)
By AppleyBallerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 367, member since Tue Aug 08, 2006
On Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:41 AM
- you like looking at photos of other peoples feet.
- you post photos of your feet on the internet.

:)
By Lyrical_Lover15 Comments: 6, member since Sun May 14, 2006
On Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:16 PM
wow, this stuff is SO TRUE! And I thought I was the only weirdo who dances down empty hallways, it almost makes me feel normal.*gasps*
here are some of my own...
-When your at a friends house and unconciuosly start doing turns in their kitchen and they ask "What are you doing?", and look at you like your insane.

-When your on the bus in the morning, and everyone else is half-asleep, you unconciuosly began moving to the music on your c.d player, and once again everyone looks at you like your crazy.

- When you hear a football or soccer player complaining about how bad there musceles hurt and you just want to be like " YOUR musceles hurt, I'd LOVE to see you do a split, then we'll see how bad your musceles hurt."

- When you get into arguements with friends that are cheerleaders over which one is harder.

- When your family doesn't even ask when you bust out in random dance combinations anymore, because their so used to it.
By Meg_a_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 221, member since Sun Dec 31, 2006
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 04:09 PM
~You wonder why people think it hurts so much when you push down slightly on their backs to make them bend farther.
~Your friends ask you evey day "what's that tape all over your toes?"
~You notice when people are walking towards you casue they are so much louder than you.
~Being able to kick up to your 6ft tall friend doen't suprise him anymore.
~People ask you to do the splits or a routine in the middle of the hall at school.
~Your binders are covered with pictures of dancers pointe shoes and sayings like "I love dance"
~you browse Discount dance and other websites that sell dance items while everyone else is looking at ebay and clothing sites.

Oh my how much I love this post! It makes me realize how MUCH of a dancer I am!
By danceaway33 Comments: 312, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 07:27 PM
ahh these are awesome!

you know your a dancer when....
-you get in trouble for distracting the class with tap dancing under your desk in class.
-you spend half the year talking about who the recital leads might be and the other half talking about why they should or shouldn't have been good for the part.
-you have made a list of what levels you hope to get into next year and if you dont youll go to your room and cry.
-when you go to cracker barrell you go to the little kids sticker books section and see what new ballerina ones they have gotten in.
By balletismylife93 Comments: 331, member since Sun Aug 20, 2006
On Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:41 AM
I love this post! to poster above: the crackerbarrell one is so true for me! i used to beg my parents to buy me one, but now i just use my own dollar!!

Here's mine:
You know your a dancer if...
~During gym class, your friends ask you why you have a big bruise on your knee and you can tell them the exact step you did as you fell. and they have no idea what your talking about!

KARMA!!!

~Kayla~
By RhythmNSoleQT Comments: 41, member since Fri Mar 02, 2007
On Thu Mar 15, 2007 08:28 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!! I love this post!!! Guess how many people i'm showing these pages to tomorrow?!?! WAY WAY WAY CUTE!
By Dancrkdz Comments: 131, member since Sun Mar 18, 2007
On Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:59 AM
14) you should be concentrating on your school work, but you can't stop daydreaming about your dance routines

That one is me all the way. I have dance competition this coming weekend and can't focus worth a crap on my school stuff!
By BerensDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2110, member since Tue Nov 01, 2005
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:30 AM
you know you're a dancer when you unconciously walk toe-ball-heel =]

g
By Remeber_my_namemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1238, member since Thu Jul 15, 2004
On Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:05 AM
You know you're a dancer when:

- all your stories/anecdotes start with 'last night at rehearsal/class...'

- ...and normally continue with 'in the petit allegro...' and no-one has any idea what you're talking about!

- 'fondu' has nothing to do with melting chocolate

- you can't count past 8

hehe, i love this post. some of the things are SO true. I was doing jetes down the corridors in my student halls the other day, and always tap under my desk. i do releves when talking to people and gucci, whats that? capezio...now your talking! lol

naomi x
By dancin4life3737 Comments: 142, member since Thu Jul 20, 2006
On Sun Apr 08, 2007 01:58 PM
* When you need to pick up something on the floor, and you do a penche
* When you look at your computer's history and all you see is dance.net

Sorry i only have 2! Everybody took mine!
By icequeen1177 Comments: 11, member since Fri Oct 27, 2006
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:05 AM
you know your a dancers when...

everyone around you is complaining that it hurts to stretch and you think if feels good!
By EchoDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 941, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:45 AM
Haha. So true.
You know you're a dancer when:
*You eat a salad instead of a cheeseburger.
*You're always telling people to put their shoulders back.
*You draw ballet shoes in Math Class.
*You right down your ballet corrections in LA.
*You multiply ballet shoes, not little stupid boxes.
*You're always trying to point your toes in your sneakers, and wonder why it doesnt work.
Hee hee. I like this.
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6776, member since Fri Oct 07, 2005
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:56 PM
-heels are comfortable because your arches are so strong.

-you're constantly stretching without noticing until you realize there are a half a dozen people around you, staring at you with their mouths agape.

-you can be found walking around on campus muttering to yourself "plie, releve, beat, pas de bourre and turn and turn and 5, 6, 7, 8

-when non dancers have archy feet, you tell them they need to go take dance and not waste the beauty of their feet.

-your friends are used to you breaking into a variation or routine randomly.

-when you're off fouetting in a corner, your friends are explaining to people who know you "Oh yeah, she always does that."

-other people's best achievements are good grades. your best achievements are getting a higher kick or better saut de chat.

-you know how to spell saut de chat.

-if you wake up without that burning feeling in all your muscles, you get a little confused and work extra hard in dance that evening.

-you never have time to talk to anyone because you're always rushing to dance.

-if you're like me and do theatre and dance, you always rush into rehearsal after dance and take off layers and layers of clothing and explain to everyone you needed to stay warm.

-your mom stops buying you sweatpants because eventually they all get cut into dance capris.

-whether you buy a pair of jeans or not all depends on whether you can grande battement in them.

-you do ankle rolls under your desk in class and people around you wonder where that clickity sound is coming from.

-your feet are gross. period.

-you have little upper body strength but you could choke a guy's head between your thighs.

-you procrasinate on your college papers by thinking up of you know you're a dancer if reasons.
By DancinQueenie Comments: 26, member since Wed Apr 11, 2007
On Thu Apr 12, 2007 08:04 AM
when you have nothing to do you go into your bedroom and dance
all you do is dance
think about dance
always standing with a straigh back
dancing anywere you can
always thinking up new moves
dancing evan while on here lool
By DanceDiva1996 Comments: 216, member since Thu Jan 25, 2007
On Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:33 PM
I love this post!

You might be a dancer if:

1. You always remind everybody including you parents to have good posture.

2. Your room has ballet shoes and dance posters all over your walls.

3. Bad posture upsets you.

4. Bad dancing upsets you.

5. You know how to spell all of the ballet and french words and it upsets you when someone misspells them.

6. Your houseshoes are your old ballet shoes.

7. You spend your birthday money on dance supplies.

8. Your sister can't dance for fun because it upsets you.

9. You only wear loose comfy clothes.

10. You like to talk in french.

That was fun. :D

Amanda.
By DancerChickEmmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 739, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Wed Apr 18, 2007 09:45 AM
-when you spell the alphabet with your ankles in class

-when someone else tries to do a kick, you scoff and kick twice as high

-when you're at school and you show off how flexible you are every chance you get

-when all of your teachers automatically know you're a dancer

-when you get so excited that a new ballet production is coming to town, and no one else cares
By HH_dance Comments: 72, member since Tue Mar 06, 2007
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:51 PM
I love this thread!!!

I'd like to add:

1. Your friend's see your feet and can't understand why you do it!

2. You regually struggled with walking on the way to school because your legs ach so much!

3. You learn French verbs by remembering the appriopriate ballet step

4. Your best frind has bruises on her ankles because you kick under the desk so often when practising your ta in class

If I'd posted enough then I would karma you!! :P
By HH_dance Comments: 72, member since Tue Mar 06, 2007
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:54 PM
Whoops.. I forgot to add...

5. You are currently saving up to buy a ballet barre for your bedroom

6. You use ur trampoline to practise entrechat quatre! :P
By irishgirl93 Comments: 423, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Sun Apr 22, 2007 02:59 PM
you know your a dnacer when

*you really don't care if there isn't a dressing room open at the mall, it's not like the whole world hasn't seen you in a leo and tights before! (or a bra and underwear in the wings! (urgh i hate when you strip in the wings and next time your at a performance at the theatre realize the whole first three rows of seats saw you!)

*people come to your hase and ask why the carpet is made of bobby pins (actually happened! ha)

*you are ofended if you aren't corrected at least twice in an hour (or at least i am, it means the teacher wasn't paying atteintion to my dancing)

*your phone calls usually go like this
friend-hey wanna go to the movies friday
you-sorry i've got rehearsal
friend-k, how about saturday
you-sorry i've got a workshop
friend- watchya doin sunday?
you-you seriously want me to get up before i have class?
friend-well then, will you be at school monday?
you-no! you know it's the week before our big show, i've got a dress rehearsal
friend-well maybe next weekend
you-that would be fun, you shuld come to a show
friend-i'll see you this summer, *under her breathe* when you get your life back!

or am i the only one who has phone conversations that actually go like that?

xoxo MO'D
By pinktutu Comments: 571, member since Thu Apr 24, 2003
On Thu Apr 26, 2007 04:58 PM
you know your a dancer when..

your blisters are forming blisters
you can only wear flip=flops because you have so many blisters
you cringe when you see someone who isnt putting there all into their dance
Youd wear dance clothes everywhere if you could
By BornTooDance Comments: 20, member since Thu Apr 12, 2007
On Mon May 07, 2007 09:11 AM
Irishgirl93 -- your not the only one who has those conversations lol, i do too. Actually my friends don't really bother asking me to go out as i'm dancing all the time.

=O now i feel like a social reject ... oh well, it's worth it!!
Page:
Page 3 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch