Forum: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Page:
Page 6 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: You might be a dancer if......
By dance_dance14 Comments: 555, member since Mon Feb 18, 2008
On Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:20 PM
You know you're a dancer when:
-you constantly watch old recitals to memorize how the best dancers look.
-while waiting on the lunch line you're feet are constantly moving.
-you get pissed off for a year if your dance teacher dosen't pick you for a special dance/part
-when you're friends are over and then hear a weird song come on on your ipod, they just figure its your latest ballet song.
-instead of singing in the shower, you bring your radio in the bathroom and dance. {I know I do this!}
-you get in the top 5 in the school for stretching excersices
-when you don't make your dance company/show etc. you practice especially hard so you'll "show them"
-when just standing around, your feet move to one of the 5 positions.
^^I do this all the time. I was standing around just talking to some friends, and this guy was looking at our feet for some reason and was like "this was how you were standing" and was in 1st postition. I started laughing :P
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:04 AM
do some random dance steps in the middle of your house
By Jadamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1491, member since Fri Aug 24, 2007
On Wed Mar 05, 2008 02:14 PM
**You are constantly on the internet watching YouTube videos of competition routines and girls on pointe scrutinizing every move they make are their technique so you can become a better dancer.

**You mom's friend remarks at dinner how you always have such nice posture and walk with poise and how her own daughter needs to take lessons from you!

**Your friends say "You even walk like a dancer" then you try to walk "normal" and they say "UGH! You STILL look like a dancer!"

**You have to recite a poem infront of the class and you stand in 5th position.

**You hate it when girls complain about how they had an hour and a half of softball practice and they are "so sore!" and you think to yourself "that nothing! I had 5 hours of dance last night! Today I can barely move and I'm not complaining!"

**Your friends use excuses like "I'm busy", "I have to wash my hair" and "My unlce's in town" to get out of dates, and their truth is questioned...you use "I have dance" and your never questioned once.

**You go to a basket ball game and a player trips. Everyone sees it as a trip, you see it as a trip that can be turned into some powerful and graceful leap for your next dance.

**In geometry you get called on to answer a question because your day dreaming. Later your friend asks what your day dreaming about and you simply reply "What do you think?"
By KaptainKlancymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 276, member since Sat Jan 05, 2008
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:28 PM
+ You are perfectly comfortable in a skipy leotard and tights, but the thought of wearing a one-piece bathing suit in PE terrifies you. LOL.
+ The people around you in Science know what a Shirley Temple is, because when they heard you doing them at break-neck speed under your desk, you taught thwm how to it and tried not to throw a fit when it took an eternity to teach them a flap. (Not like that happened to me, or anything...=))
By dreamofdancing Comments: 540, member since Fri Feb 22, 2008
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 07:12 PM
you might be a dancer if...
~you'd rather go to rehearsal than to the movies on a friday night (i'm guilty of this :) )
~your mom makes faces at your feet when you don't have shoes or socks on
~you spend hundreds of dollars a year on shoes alone
~you secretly laugh when sports players complain about their feet hurting, or being sore, because you know exactly how much worse it could be
~you have 3 homes: home home, the studio, and the theatre¢¾
~you feel completely comfortable in a leotard an tights, and have been known to wear them all day
~you have a tendency to always wear your hair up in something similar to a bun to school
~you never really get invited to places by school friends because they know you'll probably have dance. this has happened to me, and personally, I don't care- I'd rather be dancing!!!!
By clairebear16 Comments: 66, member since Fri Mar 21, 2008
On Wed Mar 26, 2008 02:18 AM
- You have an assessment due tomorrow (that you haven't started)and you just spent the last hour reading all these posts
- You'd skip a friend's party because you have class
- Turning in just isn't right
- When you call a persons feet beautiful :P
- You're sitting down for dinner at your friends house and someone asks "where's that tapping coming from?"

I love these, so true!
By clairebear16 Comments: 66, member since Fri Mar 21, 2008
On Thu Mar 27, 2008 01:46 AM
oh, and the grand jetes down the empty grocery aisle... it's also a great place to practise tapping
On Sun Mar 30, 2008 09:31 AM
when soccer players at your school think they kick so high and everyones like whoa
and you're secretly thinking "yeah well, could you do that with pointed feet and your body upright."
yeah I didnt' think so :P
By hfaye09 Comments: 14, member since Mon Mar 03, 2008
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:07 AM
LOL!! yes! I never eat dinner with my family and I always stand on my toes with them curled under!!! so funny, I love dancers!!!
we're so much FUN!!!
LOVE
hannah

myspace.com
By hfaye09 Comments: 14, member since Mon Mar 03, 2008
On Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 AM
LOL!! yes! I never eat dinner with my family and I always stand on my toes with them curled under!!! so funny, I love dancers!!!
we're so much FUN!!!
LOVE
hannah

myspace.com
By kittymoomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 399, member since Fri Oct 28, 2005
On Sat Apr 05, 2008 02:25 PM
*your friends ask you to teach them and you get mad why they don't pointe right
*When you do foot exersises under the desks at school
*when You LOVE your pointe shoes
By KaptainKlancymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 276, member since Sat Jan 05, 2008
On Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:17 PM
Sorry, I have one more!
+ ...you have more pairs of tights than pairs of underwear. Not that you have a grossly small amount of underwear- you just have a bajillion pairs of tights!
By chatterboxxdance Comments: 30, member since Mon Jul 23, 2007
On Wed May 07, 2008 06:43 PM
1. you call uniforms (sports) costumes
2. most of the songs on your ipod are strange songs no one has ever heard of, exept everyone at your dance studio because you heard them at dance
3. you like the winter not because of xmas presents but because of the nutcracker
By dancergrrrl Comments: 20, member since Sat Apr 19, 2008
On Sat May 10, 2008 06:25 PM
so true!!!
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Sun May 11, 2008 04:30 PM
Awesome! I can't belive so many of these apply to me! I thought I was just crazy!
By dancinscoopz Comments: 27, member since Wed May 07, 2008
On Sun May 18, 2008 09:02 AM
You might be a dancer if :
you stop in the middle of the street , change into you're ballet shoes and take a picture with the ballet poster on the side of the bus stop.

My friend and I did that yesterday after practice. EVERYONE was pretty much staring at us , but we didn't care lol.
By CodeRedDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 727, member since Thu Jan 03, 2008
On Sun May 18, 2008 09:07 AM
^^I was just going to post that! But since you beat me to it...

You might be a dancer if you have 2 essay questions for a final exam, a final paper and one last assignment all due today, but you can't seem to buckle down and do them because SYTYCD reruns are on and you are WAY too distracted by it! AND if the reason you're assignments aren't done yet is because you have spent every free moment you have rehearsing/stretching at home, choreographing and learning a variation for competition!
By DancingCop Comments: 62, member since Fri May 23, 2008
On Fri May 23, 2008 10:16 PM
Oh My Goodness. I totally love this list so far it's great.
*when in a school class you raise your hand and hold it in 5th until called on.
*you help first time dancers understand dance shoe makes and models by refering to car make and models to get them to understand the difference between them.
*fellow classmates who don't dance think you have crossed over to the "dark side" when you tell them you started dancing again after a year long break.
*your non-dancing friends, family, teachers and everyone else can find you at the studio.
*your caught reading dance magazines or compairing items in dance catalogs in school classes or on breaks durring work.
*you own just as many or more dance shoes then regular ones.
~DC
By muckwi002member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 708, member since Mon Nov 05, 2007
On Fri May 23, 2008 10:29 PM
absolutely dancexooxdance said applies to me!! lol
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Sun Jun 15, 2008 08:02 AM
You sleep in passe (sp). LOL yeahhh I do that... toes pointed and everything ;)
By DancinSweetheartmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 224, member since Sat May 10, 2008
On Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:31 AM
Hey, lovely post :)
These are all really true, don't you just love being a dancer ? :)
Bxx
On Tue Jun 17, 2008 01:24 PM
I have another...
When you get to pick what a school project is about and nobody even asks you what you are doing. The answer is obvious...
By pointe92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 807, member since Fri May 25, 2007
On Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:19 AM
you know your a dancer when....
you sit in a stradle when watching t.v
By danceallday119 Comments: 2, member since Sun Jun 29, 2008
On Sat Jul 05, 2008 07:53 PM
HAHAH i have done basically everything on this list! Like at school when I go down the hallways and I am late instead of running I do jetes like until I get to class :]
By kbballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 138, member since Mon Jul 21, 2008
On Mon Jul 21, 2008 08:25 PM
*You demonstrate dances down the school hallways
*Your parents have finally realize they will really only see you before school (if you don't have an early class, that is)
*You choreograph dances while in class at school, using your hands. The people around you have stopped thinking its weird.

So many apply to me, its crazy. I'm sorry if I've repeated any.

But one day in school, I was demonstrating a waltz while walking to French class. It was kind of surprising how many people didn't think it was weird.
Page:
Page 6 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch