Forum: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Page:
Page 7 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: You might be a dancer if......
By sexyirishdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 168, member since Wed Apr 02, 2008
On Fri Aug 01, 2008 08:35 PM
You might be a dancer if:

~Your parents have joked about buying stock in bandaids because you go through at least a box a week.

~You balk at spending ten dollars on a new shirt, but are more than willing to shell out several thousand for a new dance dress.

~A new pair of 120 dollar dance shoes every few months is perfectly reasonable, but spending 25 dollars on new heels is ridiculous.

~Your wear your tennis shoes out because you are constantly dancing in them.

~Your parents are immediately alarmed for your health when you willingly stay home from dance.

~You find yourself dancing in your sleep, and wake up with your dance music stuck in your head.

~You go crazy if you miss dance, and drive your family crazy.
By addicted2dance86 Comments: 90, member since Sun Aug 03, 2008
On Sun Aug 03, 2008 09:59 PM
wow so many of these are true. At my regular camp i was doing stretches and people were like you are flexible! And i usually stand in ballet positions a lot.
By jacque_curran Comments: 40, member since Sat Aug 02, 2008
On Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:25 PM
Whenever a friend texts you they're like how was dance
even if you don't have dance that day. I always get that.

If theres a day I can't hang out with friends they're
always like oh she had a dance recital or dance even
though it could be a completly different reason.

If all you do is talk about dance. I have the worst time
not being able to because people find it annoying.
I always hang out with friends & have to watch what i say
becuase i'm like addicted to dance.

If you walk turned out (:

You live breathe & eat dance.

You spend any extra time you have on this site or
just practing or stretching.

Ha yesterday I was at my friends house & we were all eating
dinner & I was talking to her mom & like somehow i got
the subject on dance & everyone suddenly started to ignore me.
SERIOUSLY, whats people's problem with dance?
By danzadancer2285 Comments: 1030, member since Wed Jul 11, 2007
On Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:03 PM
I'm sorry if I repeat any! You might be a dancer if...

- You can not just stand around and talk, you must be stretching something. Anywhere and anytime is as good as any to stretch.

- Your friends finally get used to you doing a tilt or an extension while you talk to them.

- You reach to get something out of your pocket and instead you find a booby pin.

- You carry clear nail polish in your purse. But not to paint your nails with, but instead to stop runs in your tights.

- You feet are beautiful by dancer's standards, but ugly when it comes to the way they actually look.

- You walk on demi-pointe unconsciously.

- You get frustrated when you can't point your feet in tennis shoes.

- The other kids in your class look around the room to find the source of the 'popping' sound, when it is you rolling your ankle under the desk.

- When you do kicks across the floor in gym class, you cringe at the sight of unpointed feet, turned hips, bent legs, etc from your classmates.

- When you get to choose a subject to do a report on, it is always something dance related.

- You got an A in French because you already knew half of the terms and meanings.

- You have to crack your back, and if it doesn't crack, you become very upset.

- When you fall and hurt yourself in a stupid way, you must go and tell everybody about how you fell and hurt yourself in said stupid way.

- Your ring tone on your cell phone is a song that you have danced to.

- When in the water at a swimming pool, you must battement because it is so easy to keep your leg at that height.

- You sit up straight in your chair while everybody else is slouching.

- You wear flip-flops in the winter because if you wear tennis shoes, they will rub up against your blisters.

- You iPod is full of classical music and slow lyrical songs, while everybody else's is full of rap.

- Your favorite movies and books are dance related.

- You have more friends from dance than you do from school because you spend so much time at the studio and they understand you better.

- You have to stretch your leg on the counter top while brushing your teeth or fixing your hair.

- There are foot prints on your counter top from you stretching your leg on the counter top.

- Flexibility doesn't faze you like it does non-dancers.

- You carry around toe tape, band aids, pain reliever, and Icy Hot patches with you at all times.

- All of your socks have holes in them from the friction between them and the floor.

- You have discovered DDN, the best procrastination tool in the world!
By Newway Comments: 101, member since Thu Jul 31, 2008
On Mon Sep 08, 2008 08:13 PM
When your favorite past time at lunch is dancing while all the other kids are playing games,
Or When your best friend tells you to get out of Danceland that of which you call your brain,
By lozadancer Comments: 46, member since Sat Oct 04, 2008
On Tue Oct 07, 2008 03:16 AM
RileyA wrote:

- When everyone looks around wondering what tht noise is at school, and it is you practising your tap work under your seat.

That is so me ! I get screamed at in nearly every class at school because the teachers get annoyed at the constant noise. One teacher thought there were rats. Oops!
By PainedBeauty Comments: 177, member since Wed Aug 27, 2008
On Thu Oct 16, 2008 07:57 PM
1.) Someone has ever given you a weird look and said, "Hey! The sidewalk's for regular walking, not your crazed fancy jumps!"
2.) You don't stoop to pick up your pencil--you penchee.
3.) When you hear the school orchestra or band, all you're really thinking is, "I bet a releve turn in arabesque would look really good there..."
4.) Counting for you goes as follows: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 16, 32... And that's about it.
5.) You've found yourself talking for hours on end about dance to friends who just don't care.
6.) Said friends have previously told you that they "Think you have a problem".
7.) Dance class is the bulk of your life, everything else is just bits of free time.
8.) You start stretching in gym and all of the sudden everyone is crowded around you in disbelief.
9.) You bear an unhealthy love of your toes, and protect them as your children.
10.) You absolutely cannot stand it when a number isn't divisible by 4.
11.) You have already thought up many elaborate revenge schemes to get back at those bloody sports stars for mocking dance.
12.) You have two speeds: Walk, and dance.
13.) Handrails and balcony railings tempt you so.
14.) You judge the size of a room by how many decent grand jetes you could do.
15.) You don't use seconds and minutes-Your unit of time is however fast you can do clean petite allegro.
16.) You have your own social hierarchy: Dancers and non-dancers.

This is a great thread, and some of these posts are hilarious XD
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 07:12 AM
A couple more, as an extension of my last post:

17.) Your friends become concerned for your health if they round the corner and you're not doing fouettes in the middle of the hallway.
18.) Such an event has never happened.
19.) You don't have all that many friends--A lot of people find your schedual a bit hard to follow with so many dance classes.
20.) In English, you messed up on spelling the word "because", since you were too caught up in dancing under your desk.
21.) With all the misspelling you do, you can spell "Temps lie" and "Pas de chat" perfectly.
22.) You have a flawless French accent--And you take Spanish.
23.) Nothing is "slow"--only "adagio tempo".
24.) People think you talk to yourself, because they often find you in the halls muttering "pique arabesque, plie, pas de bourree, chasse, saut de chat..."
25.) You have this thread, plus several hundred more, saved in your favorites list.
26.) That's the only thing in your favorites list.
On Fri Oct 17, 2008 08:04 AM
Sorry to post so many times but I just can't stop XD

You have the music to your variation playing right now.

In the grocery store, you do a series of grand jetes and saut de chats down the aisle, and then look around to make sure nobody saw.

If anyone did see, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

You scold your parents for having poor posture.

People at your school sometimes get mad at you because you're incapable of talking about anything except dance.

You know that those people are just jealous.

If the pants are of the right material, you will be able to do a decent grand battement in them.

You're currently reading this thread to procrastinate on school work.

When you can't go to dance class, it's the end of the world. But only until you realize it's another couple hours of practice time!

You scoff at the leg muscles of your school's football team.

People see your feet and get really scared.

Said people proceed to shakily ask why you dance, to which you respond with a very deep philosophical answer. They tune out in the middle of it.

Your ankles are said to have minds of their own.

T.V. time is not free time--It's stretch time or sew new pointe shoe time!

Sewing your pointe shoes is more fun than watching T.V., anyways.

Receiving your role and costume for the next performance means more to you than Christmas.

When hanging out in your room (Stretching, of course) you have to carefully pick your way through bobby pins, old pointe shoes and bags of melted ice.

Such a task is no challenge for a dancer as agile and surefooted as yourself.

In class, you can do four perfect grand jetes and then go directly into a triple pirouette and land it perfectly. And that's on a bad day.

Despite the previous statement, you tripped over a bike rack yesterday and walked into a door. Twice.

The word "Fondu" has no association with melted cheese or chocolate.

The students in your gym class who brag about taking martial arts are afraid of you.

Even though you hate sports, gym is your favorite class-It's an opportunity to showcase your flexibility.

Whenever someone accuses male dancers of being gay, or says dance is easy, or they work harder, etc, you want to punch them. Better yet, you want to stand in front of them and do a grand battement.

You cringe when other people approach you-their footsteps are just so loud!

Your younger sister dancing for fun makes you sad.

You get up early in the morning to go to class, and the rest of your family awakens as well, wondering what that mysterious clicking and cracking is.

The clicking and cracking of joints gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

While stretching, your body bears some resemblance to a pretzel.

While getting your hair cut, you're constantly reminding the stylist that it needs to be long enough to get in a decent bun.

You go shopping with your friends, and you come home with leotards, tights, and several new pairs of dance shoes.

You take notes at performances.

Your biggest fears go in this order: Sprained ankles (or other injuries that prevent dancing), and then death.

Your friends jokingly ask, "Would you rather go to an Ivy League college or a dance rehearsal?" And you have to think about it for several hours.

Sure, spending time with your family on Christmas is cool, but you'd much rather be rehearsing for the Nutcracker.

Your dance instructor is like a God to you.

To live, you require food, water, and dance class.

You're reading this now and saying, "That's totally happened to me before!"
By lozadancer Comments: 46, member since Sat Oct 04, 2008
On Sat Nov 01, 2008 05:43 PM
1. You have ever used bobby-pins to secure a hat, and it wasn't for dancing.

Hahaha I did that this morning and then found that quote!
By followthesmile Comments: 69, member since Sat Sep 06, 2008
On Sun Nov 30, 2008 06:49 PM
- when in P.E. you show off how flexible you are
- you cried when you found out you didn't have dance on Thanksgiving
- your dreading holiday break because it = no dance

Comment #7770881 deleted

By truworshiper Comments: 71, member since Fri Oct 19, 2007
On Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 PM
too cute!
By The_Awkward_Swan Comments: 177, member since Sun Aug 03, 2008
On Tue Dec 09, 2008 09:20 PM
You might be a dancer if you know absolutely nothing about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, but you search constantly for info on Gillian & Ethan!

And you might be a dancer if you have no idea who the first two people are, but are already drooling at the thought of the second pair.
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1463, member since Sat May 31, 2008
On Mon Dec 22, 2008 09:59 AM
You almost cried in Wall-E when the captain asked the computer to "define dance," because a world without dance is just too sad to think about
By dancinislife0607member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1422, member since Sun Apr 16, 2006
On Tue Jan 06, 2009 09:53 PM
You have mixed feelings about snow days.

You are actually anxious for the end of holidays so that you can get back to class before SI auditions,

You really want it to be summer-but not so that you can lounge at the pool all day, so you can dance all day.
By dance_dance14 Comments: 555, member since Mon Feb 18, 2008
On Sun Jan 18, 2009 09:43 AM
I have a story from awhile ago, but I was at a sporting event with my friend{whos also a dancer}. Now her family isn't very sporty so she doesn't know much about sports. When halftime came, she was like oh! It's intermission!" LoL. She also called the uniforms costumes.

Oh I love dancers :)
By Jedi_LongOne Comments: 15, member since Mon Dec 10, 2007
On Tue Jan 20, 2009 04:35 PM
* You use shopping carts to practice cabrioles
* Your dance bag should be resgistered as a lethal weapon
* The quality of a pair of jeans depends on your extension while wearing them
* You can walk in stiletto heels
* You get excited by names like Ruzimatov and Sizova
* Turning in physically hurts
* You are eternaly grateful to the person who invented tylenol
By ilovedance21 Comments: 39, member since Sat Jan 24, 2009
On Sun Jan 25, 2009 04:42 PM
You know your a dancer when you own two sets of make-up, one for dance and one for all the other stuff.
You know you are a dancer when half of your closet space has dance items and the botttom of your closet floor is cover in sequins, glitter, and bobby pins.
By ilovedance21 Comments: 39, member since Sat Jan 24, 2009
On Tue Jan 27, 2009 05:14 PM
You know you are a dancer when your vocabulary contains more french than english.
¢¾ilovedance21
By Ballerinacaz Comments: 435, member since Sun Jan 18, 2009
On Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 PM
Your birthday/christmas list is full of dance-related items
By glitter_lycra Comments: 32, member since Wed Feb 18, 2009
On Wed Feb 18, 2009 01:09 PM
These are all so true and funny!

You now you're a dancer when
1. you relate school studies to dancing
2. you enjoy learning about muscles, ligaments and the skeleton in biology and impress your teacher with what you already know
3. your friends are used to hearing the phrase 'i'm sorry, i have dance'
4. your friends stop inviting you out because they know what your answer will be
5. your ipod and phone is full of music you use for dancing. especially music not in english if you do latin american dancing.
By twinkletoes08member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2082, member since Tue Feb 18, 2003
On Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:24 AM
You can dance comfortably in front of hundreds of people but you are scared to death to read a paper infront of your class.

You have classical music on your laptop/ipod/phone and friends are confused as to why.

Friends are jealous of my c/d cup but i'd happily swap to a AA :)

Amazing thread.
xx
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 PM
-Your jokes and sayings came from dance.
-Your friends tell you "It all happends on the dance floor," when you tell them stories.
-All the songs on your playlist are dances you did or saw someone do.
-You hate it when people say they love dancing, but they can't even tell you what first position is.
-You point your feet in your sleep, causing your calfs to cramp.
-You get highly annoyed when you see people imitate dancers.
-Your family is annoyed by your comments poor technique of cheerleaders on ESPN2.
-You make mess ups look beautiful in a dance.
-Your feet no longer burn from doing turns on your carpet.
-You change in front of your friends, and tell them to shut up when they freak out.
-(Stole this one from someone else, because it's true!) You laugh when a non-dancer complains of their feet hurting.
-You developed Plantar Fisciitis from dancing, and fight through the pain, because you don't want to stop.
-Your dream home includes wooden floors, and the guest room being transformed into a private dance studio.

(The Plantar Fisciitis is from me! I've had it for 8 years from dancing, and I haven't stopped, because I can't imagine life without dance!)
By Ballerinacaz Comments: 435, member since Sun Jan 18, 2009
On Sun Mar 22, 2009 04:51 AM
Your friends laugh at you and tell you that 'you walk like a duck' and you can't understand why until you look down and realise you were sub-consciously walking with your feet turned out!
Page:
Page 7 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch