Forum: Folk / African Dance

Im going to Africa!! Woo Hoo!
By Samxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 29, 2006 04:46 AM

Hi everyone!

Im going to Northern Africa in JUly! Has anyone ever been and seen the dancing over there??

Whats it like?

Sam x x

5 Replies to Im going to Africa!! Woo Hoo!

re: Im going to Africa!! Woo Hoo!
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jun 29, 2006 02:12 PM
Congratulations on your trip! Have a good time.

Northern Africa has a lot of Raqs Sharqi (belly dance), particular tribal dances of their own regions and certain ethnic folk dances done there. Depends on which country you're going to. Please do come back and tell us all about your trip and whatever dances you wind up observing or participating in.
By selormculture
On Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:46 AM
Congratulations.

There's a proverb that goes "travel and see." and and African proverb "It is the child who never travels who says 'my mum is the best cook'."

I hope you understand. Pls bring us what you 'see' from the journey. Thanks
By chloebell
On Sat Jul 29, 2006 08:50 PM
I am jealous!! Wow, yes, you definately should bring us some photos and tell us all about it when you get back. How long are you staying for?

Have an awesome trip! I've never seen the dancing there except maybe on tv, and that probably wasn't even the best of it. Congrats!

trip to africa
By liljessicamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:33 AM
where in northern africa are you going. i am from south africa and if you make it here on your trip you should let me tell you some lovely places to visit. other wise enjoy your trip and get some great pics to show.

seya

liljessica
By Samxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 08, 2006 03:39 AM
Hi liljessica!

I had a great time thank you! I went to Agadir in Morrocco, it was beatiful. I would definitley go again! I went to watch the beber dancers, they were fantastic!

Sam xx

ReplySendWatch