Forum: Arts / Body Art

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Navel Piercing FAQ's
By Krazy_Kat Comments: 34, member since Mon Apr 09, 2007
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 01:12 PM
Wooo!! I can get it done now! That was actualy a really good post!
By dancinbubblesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 126, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Sun Apr 15, 2007 08:59 PM
Thanks so much for this! I have wanted to get mine done for the longest time but I wasn't sure what to expect!
By Dance_L0vemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 434, member since Thu Apr 19, 2007
On Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:38 AM
Thanks for all this information. I was hoping to get mine done for my 16th then my mum changed her mind, so im getting it done as soon as im allowed without parently consent lol.
By deftonermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1565, member since Sun Jun 08, 2003
On Tue May 29, 2007 03:22 AM
That's an awesome post, I just got mine done and it only cost me like $25 US at one of the best piercing nad tattoo shops in guangzhou! All my frinds were freaking out because of the redness and crust, and they were all like "Oh my god you got an infection!"

I kinda figured it wasn't since the same thing happened when I got my nipple pierced.

I jsut want to add one more thing though, and this is very important.

And this is for piercings in general, but <B>DO NOT PUT ALCOHOL ON YOUR PIERCING, IT WILL DRY IT OUT AND HURT LIKE HELL! DO NOT PUT ALCOHOL! I REAPEAT, DO NOT PUT ALCOHOL ON YOUR PIERCING!</B> When my fiance got his ear pierced he was so stubborn about this and ended up putting alcohol all over his ear behind my back, and the result was NOT pretty. So trust me on this one, all the people I know that've gotten piercings have backed me up on this.

Blessed Be
By Dancerooni Comments: 700, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:51 AM
Okay! Dancers with navel piercings (or those with/or have had navel piercings)-

I'm looking to get my navel done soon because I told myself once I lost enough weight and finally got that flat, toned stomach I've always wanted that I would get a navel piercing to kind of celebrate my new found confidence (since I always HATED navel piercings when I was younger because I was jealous of girls having perfect tummies to show theirs off with ...) So now it's my turn.

However, I'm going to be going in to college to dance, and being a dancer I'm going to do a lot of moving around. I have piercings so I know what it's like with healing, but this is my first non-ear piercing so I know it's different than when something is healing through cartiledge. My question is, when would be the best time to get it? Now that I'm on summer break, it's optimal to get it done now because I'll have TIME for it to heal, rather than getting it done when I start school and having to dance with it and potentially aggrivating it more.

However, I have my audition for placement on July 31st, and then I don't start actual classes until September 4th .. or 6th. I can't remember. Either way, I was thinking it'd be better to pierce it RIGHT after my audition so that I don't have to worry about being sore for the audition (so I can ace it), then piercing it so that I'm 1.) already place, and will 2.) have more time for it to calm down and heal.

Does this sound like a good plan? And how long did it take for you girls to finally feel comfortable moving around with a fresh navel piercing? I know that it all depends on the girl's body (I'm great with pain), but I'm just looking for a general statistic here.

Thanks!
By born_to_dance_x Comments: 527, member since Sun Oct 30, 2005
On Sun Jul 15, 2007 03:35 AM
Great post lots of detail, well done :)

x
By Kellithmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 465, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:11 PM
This was a great post! I'm with you on the pain level. When he pierced mine, I didn't actually know that he did it...I thought he was just readjusting the clamp! My sister and my friend though said it hurt like no other! I'm glad I have a good pain tolerance.
For those of you who get an infection, it WILL clear up! You have to baby it. I got an infection after about 2 months, but don't take out the ring (even if it's a barbell).
My piercer recommended Dial Liquid Soap and it's worked wonders. Just use a Q-tip and make sure you baby it while it's still tender.

Kellith
By chelliewhikmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1174, member since Mon Jul 05, 2004
On Thu Dec 06, 2007 08:23 PM
Ive had my navel piercing for a month...its still sore and the lymph (what looks like pus) is there and forming crusties....I use the anti bacterial soap and saline but i dont think its getting better....anything else? what about neosporin? h2ozone?
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Fri Dec 07, 2007 06:38 PM
Call your piercer.
By fdancer111 Comments: 2, member since Mon Mar 24, 2008
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 02:28 PM
hi. i am planning to get my belly button pierced this wednesday the 26th. but i don't know if i should get it done now because i have a dance competition coming up on april 5th and 6th. should i wait till after because i am afraid that it would not heal in time before my competition. but another catch is i have another competition on the 26th and 27th. i don't want to have to wait till after that competition. would it be okay to get it now or after my first competition?
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 03:19 PM
I would wait until after your competitions. A navel piercing doesn't actually heal until 4-6 months after you get it done.
By sxc_kates Comments: 6, member since Thu Jun 19, 2008
On Fri Oct 10, 2008 05:42 AM
great info
didnt feel mine either
xxx
By AshztnGrl Comments: 13, member since Thu Jun 11, 2009
On Tue Jul 07, 2009 09:00 PM
Thank you so much. I have been wanting to get my naval pierced for a long time. The information was quite helpful!!!!
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Sat Aug 08, 2009 04:53 AM
Great sticky :) I'm going to get mine done soon, and I'm really excited/nervous! I think it'll be ok though, I've got quite a high pain tolerance and I didn't have much of a pain problem with my ears (my only other piercing). Thanks for posting the info, it's good to know we've got somewhere like DDN to turn to for even something as small but as important as piercing aftercare :)
By emolind Comments: 35, member since Wed Aug 19, 2009
On Tue Aug 25, 2009 03:00 AM
When I got my navel piercing it did not hurt at all. But I think it's because everyone told me it hurt like nothing else! So I was prepared for an incredible pain.I was very surprised when it was not bad at all.
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Sun Aug 30, 2009 01:44 PM
I finally got it done and it barely hurt at all. I have a thread about it, but I still have an unanswered question - how do you know if your piercing has healed? On the sheet I was given it said it could take anything from 2 weeks to 1 year to heal (depending on the person), but how can I know when it's safe to change the jewellery? I don't think it could be anything visible - I only had it done 2 days ago and it hasn't bled or pussed at all. It actually looks like a healed piercing (although it's obviously not) so I don't know when it's safe to change the jewellery or take it out.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:10 PM
To be on the safe side, I waited 6 months. It was sore when I changed it, so I left that jewelry in for another few months. Then I was fine. It's better to wait. Navels don't get a lot of blood flow, so it takes a long time to heal.
By sky_dancer_2010member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 190, member since Sat Nov 10, 2007
On Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 AM
Thanks for the great post! I just got mine done a few days ago nd it really helped, because my peircer wasn't very clear on what happened afterward because they were sooooo busy...she told me how to clean it and thats about it!
By dancing12chick Comments: 20, member since Fri Dec 04, 2009
On Sat Dec 05, 2009 02:32 PM
Really great post! I have had mine pierced for several years now and before getting mine done I was very nervous and wondering all of these questions! But really the best thing to do is if you do have questions ask your piercer and they should be willing to answer them for you!
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch