Forum: Folk / Ukrainian Dancing

Ukrainian Dancing
Folk! Documentary featured in Irish Magazine
By roxysparkles Comments: 5, member since Sun Oct 24, 2004
On Sat Jul 08, 2006 06:48 PM

Hey Everyone!
Check out KinoRox.com to read the latest interview about my documentary Folk!
I was pleasantly surprised about the 2 page spread featuring a killer graphic of Ukrainian folk dancers and a full page article featuring my interview.
Thanks for reading!
Roxy Toporowych

5 Replies to Folk! Documentary featured in Irish Magazine

re: Folk! Documentary featured in Irish Magazine
By jp_tantsiurystmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 310, member since Tue Sep 20, 2005
On Mon Jul 10, 2006 08:33 PM
WOW that's really awesome! I don't think all you guys from Canada can appreciate this quite as much as we can. I've been tracking Folk! for a long time and for the amazing Roxy Toporowych to come onto DDN is soooo awesome. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for it to come out!!!!
later daze
-jp
By Natalka Comments: 42, member since Sun May 07, 2006
On Sat Jul 15, 2006 06:12 PM
I think "Folk!" looks FANTASTIC! When does it come out?
By jp_tantsiurystmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 310, member since Tue Sep 20, 2005
On Sat Jul 15, 2006 09:22 PM
I don't think there's a date for it's release yet. Their still working on editing the footage, I think. It's really awesome because i know a bunch of the people in the groups related to the documentary -- very awesome!!!!
By roxysparkles Comments: 5, member since Sun Oct 24, 2004
On Wed Jul 26, 2006 02:38 PM
Yeah, we are still editing, but the cut is under 2 hours--huge accomplishment. Hopefully we will be done in the next couple months! Alot of work and cost is left for post-production...but we are getting there.
Thanks for writing!
By HutsulNY21 Comments: 17, member since Fri Jul 29, 2005
On Thu Aug 31, 2006 08:50 PM
i've been following the creation of Folk! through the website for quite a while now and it's getting exciting to know that it is nearly finished! also, the fact that the coproducer has found this message board just goes to show that the ukie community (as extensive as it is) is also a small world too! when the film is complete, how available will it be; i know it is based in NYC, but here's hoping that it can be seen in theatres further away than that??

ReplySendWatch