Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

MA Dance Camp
By dancerdreams
On Mon Jul 10, 2006 02:02 PM
Locked by dancerdreams (17969) on 2007-01-21 22:25:29 Camp was months ago...No need to keep bring it up :-) I hope everyone's camps this summer go great!

I know there are several posts on camps, but I specifically want to know about everyone's experiences at MA Camp. I got back a few days ago. It was a ton of fun! I'm actually not part of a team anymore (I'm going to be a freshman in college), but I went with two of my friends from our old dance team. I took:

Level 2/3 Camp Pom (SOS)
Level 4/5 Pom (Hit the Floor)
Level 1/2 Jazz (Hot Girls)
Level 3 HipHop (Run It! Remix)
Level 3 Lyrical (Million Miles Away)

The 4/5 Pom was definitely my favorite class. I was kinda bummed I had to take such an easy jazz class. There just wasn't anything else good being offered that session. I didn't want to take a third pom class. We decided to do Grand Champions, and we got the Grand Champion trophy. I also got a blue ribbon for evaluations, a Rising Star and an All-Star Performer ribbon, as well as Honor Roll. How did everyone else do?

14 Replies to MA Dance Camp

re: MA Dance Camp
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jul 11, 2006 02:29 PM
I just got done with private camp a few days ago! It was fabulous, we hadn't done MA or private camps before, and it was a fabulous experience. As a team, we learned "Hot Girls", "Hit the Floor", "Wonderful Night" (A stylized, slower jazz), and a competition pom routine.

"Hit the Floor" was a level 4/5? Really? The routine that has more of a hiphop style, but with the sharpness of pom? I didn't think that dance was difficult to learn at all. We learned it in much less time than Hot Girls.

Anyway, I got an All Star performer for Hot Girls and then I got an honor roll medal! Yay!

I'll probably post back later with more of my experience later.
By dancerdreams
On Tue Jul 11, 2006 07:23 PM
Yep, "Hit the Floor" was supposedly a 4/5 pom. I think it's just that level because it was so fast. The more -and- counts, the higher the level, I believe. Something like that :P It probably took less time than "Hot Girls" because it was only ten eight-counts. I definitely loved the routine though. I just hope I remember it! I have to go down and teach it to another school at the end of the month.
By dncrchic53
On Sat Jul 15, 2006 03:27 PM
Well I go to UDA camp. (In 11 days...WEEE!) But it's nice to know that you had a goo time. It seems like MA camp has way more routines and awards than UDA camp...

*dncrchic53*

MAN OVERBOARD!!!
By DancerGirl_08
On Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:01 PM
I'm leaving for MA Dance Camp this coming Wednesday and I am so excited!

Do you know if they teach the same routines at each camp they do? And do the same instructors go (do any of you know Eric - lol - he has got to be one of my all time favorite instructors, even though I don't do lyrical)

Well, congratulations on your trophey, ribbon, and honor role medal. I'll update how everything went when I get back!
~*EmilyRose*~
By DancingDeb1214member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:56 AM
I seccond that...

Eric is amazing and I heart him! We didn't go to MA this year (tear)...but I've gone every year since my freshman year...I love it!
By Dance4ever_21
On Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:19 PM
Edited by Dance4ever_21 (72258) on 2006-08-25 12:20:33 forgot one routine
This year my team had a girl from MA fly in from Texas and teach us so it was like a private camp with her, the coach, and us 18 girls. I enjoyed it alot! I don't know the level we were in but our songs were for funk: disco club, kick: do you believe in magic, modern: your song, jazz: lolita, pom: P.Y.T, and hip hop: Keep sweating mix. I got a rising star ribbon, and i was happy about that seeing as its my first year on the varsity team as a freshman. Overall i really liked the routines.
By iwant2bflexi
On Fri Aug 25, 2006 05:55 PM
I went to MA camp in San Antonio and my favorite dance was the level 5 modern Hide and Seek!!! Only four girls from my team took the class so we got alot of one on one time while learning it. It was amazing. All of us got allstar ribbons from peforming it too!!!
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:01 AM
I used to work for MA. It's very similar to UDA, and the number of routines you learn can sometimes depend on the size of the camp you go to. But here's a tip. They have a master DVD with all the routines on it. Watch it, and if you like one of the routines on the DVD, but they're not offering it at your camp, just ask them to put it on the schedule. It happens all the time.

Yeah, MA gives lots of ribbons. And everyone knows Eric. I've known him since he was like 14.
By fLaMiNgO_rAcH
On Wed Oct 25, 2006 03:41 PM
if you mean eric bacon then definitely. he came to our school and taught us a dance and then i did technique with him and my legs almost fell off, but he was awesome and so hilarious. our director is a MA staff member and we're going to MA Nationals and i'm so excited!

rachel
By ItzBakonBitz
On Thu Nov 30, 2006 08:59 AM
Aww...I think I'm blushing all over.
Y'all are so sweet. :)

*dncrchic53* : Yes, MA has about 70 routines on Curriculum with the best innovative choreography from the most experienced & working choreographers.

~*EmilyRose*~ : We offer a lot of the same routines at different camps with a variety of different ones. It all depends on the demand of style for that camp. And yes, towards the end of the summer S.O.S. stops becoming one of your favorite songs!! =-)

Rachel: What school was that?

Thank y'all so much for the nice comments. And yes, Chris has known me for a long long time. Way back during the sickle feet days!! :D

--Bacon
By DanceDynamicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 04, 2007 01:58 PM
I remember Erick, he's a sweetie, pretty funny too, from what I remember. I also heart me some Gerald! That man has the most distgusting toe touches I have ever seen, argh! He taught my camp way back when, I love all his pom dances, and the fact he used lots of Micheal Jackson, ha! I love MA!

love,
DanceDynamic
By dancerdreams
On Thu Jan 04, 2007 02:47 PM
^ Aw, I love Gerald too. I was in his technique class and he stops me and goes, "You look familiar!" I've been to like four or five camps, haha. Same with regionals.
By loonycakes
On Mon Jan 08, 2007 06:34 PM
My team is going to MA camp this summer for the first time. We've gone to UDA camp before but our coach doesn't really like it, and so we decided to go to MA. It sounds like everyone loves it, so hopefully it'll be fun. =)
By lildancindiva23member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 21, 2007 09:15 PM
Aw, this was my first year not to go to Officer Camp (since I graduated) and I definatly missed it. Rosie did our competition Pom dance the past two years, I ADORED her. Eric- I loved your technique class and Claytons lyrical. Those were always my favorite classes.

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed