Forum: Advice / Support

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Have you been abused? how to recognize it and help others.
By CaitDestinymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2541, member since Fri Dec 21, 2007
On Mon Jul 21, 2008 02:26 PM
Thank you so much for posting this.

As a child I was abused, and the abuse was horrible. Every time I tried to make things better the hitting, and punching, and beatings just got a whole lot worse.

People who havent been through this dont exaclty know how it feels, and what emtional stuff we deal with. I think after this post you have made it very clear for others to reconize it when they see it.

Please, if anyone out there notices or knows someone around them being abused. Or if you are. Dont be afraid to call the police, and dont be afraid to tell someone else. They need your help if they are being abused, and if you are being abused you need help as well.

I got my help, and I'm no longer living in that situation. Being abused has made me a stronger person. A better person.

I know right from wrong, and I know that abuse is wrong and no one should have to deal with it.

Thanks again for this post. Karma for you.
re: Have you been abused? how to recognize it and help others.
By GumbyGirl1990 Comments: 101, member since Wed Jul 23, 2008
On Fri Aug 22, 2008 01:58 PM
Earilmadith wrote:

A question: Does sexual abuse have to be between two people of significantly different age groups? I'd think there could be situations where a man could be sexually abusing his wife, or vice versa.

A few more possible symptoms of sexual abuse: Eating disorders (from a need to be in control of weight/eating/body), self-injury, PTSD symptoms such as flashbacks, and acting or thinking much more maturely than others of their age.

You nailed it on the head with that second paragraph. More often than not people with eating disorders have been sexually abused. Self-injury is a very common coping mechanism for victims of abuse, and PTSD is almost inevitable. Also everyone I know who has been through this form of abuse acts almost dishearteningly old for his/her age.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatchDraw