Popular Ballet

Ankle strengthening for pointe work? by nataliedancer
When I first started pointe work I was never given any strengthening exercises for my feet and...

Forum: Irish / Irish - Softshoe

Irish - Softshoe
best shoes for weak arches? en>fr fr>en
By clairebear97531 Comments: 16, member since Mon Jun 19, 2006
On Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:15 AM

Hi everyone. I have kind of weak arches and was looking into getting a new pair of soft shoes. Does anyone have any idea which ones have good support? I've also heard of something called arch angels, does those work? And are there any other arch products out there for dancers? Thanks!

3 Replies to best shoes for weak arches?

re: best shoes for weak arches? en>fr fr>en
By butterfly_capemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1721, member since Thu Dec 29, 2005
On Thu Jul 20, 2006 02:21 AM
depends what you mean by weak arches, do you mean you want shoes to inhance your arch?
or do you injure your arches alot??

(sorry im a bad speller)

cause if you just want to inhance your arches, then give celtic choice a go.. :)
they pull up at the arch so they mould to your foot when you break them in..

for weak arches, as in you injure them, i have no tips sorry..
By jurzy90gurl Comments: 70, member since Mon Jan 23, 2006
On Sun Jul 23, 2006 08:33 PM
i have weak arches too.
i have never heard of arch-support in ghillies so the only advise i have for you is to go to a podiatrist (foot doctor) and get custom-form orthodics that you wear in your regular shoes and your arches should get enough support from them to not get injured while dancing...that is what i had to do after injuring myself at a dance class last summer and now my feet are much better.
hope this info helps!
By obsessionn101member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1547, member since Fri Apr 22, 2005
On Sun Jul 23, 2006 08:44 PM
i have plantar fasciitis and i went to a feis this weekend and i got amazing arch supports. and you can wear them with any type of shoe (even while you dance in your shoes!!) and even barefoot. i put them on and i had instant relief.

instantarchsupports.com

ReplySendWatch