Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: The middle of my stomache refuses to be flat, what can I do??
By epg2010
On Sat Oct 28, 2006 02:23 PM
I have that, and I have a 6 pack too. I call it my six pack and a roll. haha I've tried to get rid of it but it won't go away either.
By stealing_society
On Wed Nov 01, 2006 01:24 PM
You know why you have a pudge? (WHich really isn't a pudge, to be honest with you. But I get it, I want a super flat stomach too.) It's called subcontanious fat, and women have a lot of it. It's the fat that ends up around your waist line, and the only way to get rid of it is cardio. So take up running, cycling or take an aerobics class every week. Slowly you'll see that 'pudge' dissapear. Keep up the work with the crunches, you'll see even more of a change if you stick some cardio in there with it.

Also, just a tip. While you're standing, hold your gut in. Like, when you contract your abs as you do a crunch, hold it like that throughout the day. It will hold in that pudge, as well as correct posture. IT's a pretty sweet thing, and you'll soon do it without even realizing!

So good luck, and don't even worry about it. I'm guessing you're around 5'6"-5'8", and if so, you seem to be at a perfect weight. Don't even worry about it aaaaat allll.
By Jeannie1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 07:34 PM
I gotta tell you guys something - I never knew that women were meant to have that "baby fat" there and I have to tell you, I feel a LOT better about my "fluffy" hahaha.

However, Snackcake - also take into consideration that while just standing there your stomach muscles are completely relaxed. And like someone else had mentioned, you do have a slight pelvic tilt and a sway in your back. Work on that stuff and it will help you out a little.

I notice that when I am performing the "pudge" magically disappears - but it's more of an illusion because I am just working my stomach muscles, so my "pudge" is held in, you know? If you were to stand there, nice and straight, with your pelvis in a neutral position and flex your stomach muscles, you would realize that it's not bad at all.
By Summer
On Mon Nov 20, 2006 07:54 AM
If you want to get rid of it, by all means do so.

But if you don't, just know that you look perfectly fine. Honestly.

You could also think of it as the protective covering of your steel 6-pack. That's what I'd do. :D
By raqssharkidancer
On Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:45 PM
I see one major problem
Your posture.
Your hips are tilted downward, and thus your stomache has no where to go but out.
This is called, "lordosis"- that is an over curved lower back.
You need to stand with better posture. You need to lift you cheast and tuck in your hips under.
Lots of people stand with way- and leads to bad back problems and pain.
When you drop your cheast, your condense your inner organs, and when you drop you hips forward (means your lower back muscles are weak), your organs have no-where to go but out.
You are giving yourself that ponch, because your weight and muscle tone, you should already have a terrific silouette!

You should take some ballet for an imprecable posture(if not already). Tie a string under your clothes around your waist, lift your cheast, and center your hips. The string will be a constant reinforcer to have proper alignment and engage the core muscles. the string should give you 1/2 inch room.
When you feel pressure among that string, you know you are not engaging your midriff and slouching.
A beautiful waist line takes discipline and work.

Good luck.
By CLAREKLASSACTPremium member
On Thu Jan 11, 2007 01:45 PM
well all i can say is i wish mine was like that, its amazing.
all the best but dont work it too hard!
clare
By danceprincesss
On Fri Jan 12, 2007 07:35 PM
sdfffffffdssss
By LancelleDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:30 PM
Eh. I say if you want flat abs go for it. A trainer at my gym once said that when you do sit ups and crunches, suck in your stomach and make sure its concave or you'll build muscle and not lose fat. Something about different parts of the muscle. Suck it in while you crunch is my best bet. That and like everyone said, straight posture!
By Amandamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:39 PM
Why is this still being looked at? Its so old, cant it be locked?
By Meg_a_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 12, 2007 01:41 PM
I think that little bit of fat is cute! When I see a person without one I think Anorexic. You have a wonderful little tummy. My suggestion is to work on having a strong center. Instead of making it go away, just make it look firm and strong. I guess the best way to do that is caustic sit ups crunches etc... Also stand straight and tall and be proud of your little belly. Give it a name!

Smiles!

Meg
By Meg_a_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 12, 2007 01:45 PM
I think that little bit of fat is cute! When I see a person without one I think Anorexic. You have a wonderful little tummy. My suggestion is to work on having a strong center. Instead of making it go away, just make it look firm and strong. I guess the best way to do that is caustic sit ups crunches etc... Also stand straight and tall and be proud of your little belly. Give it a name!

Smiles!

Meg
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch Draw