Forum: Folk / Folk - General

THANK YOU!! :D (karma: 2)
By Heidi2member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 25, 2006 07:02 AM
Locked by Heidi2 (11073) on 2006-09-21 13:44:35 I think i made my point....

Hey, Im not from this board, Im disco/ballroom arts...but I work as a youth worker, and Ive been asked to teach some workshops on africans, tribal, aboridginal dance.
Obviously, im pretty clueless, but I found so much information on this board and you saved my ass! I appreciate the resource. Lol, thank you folk dancers!! :D

}|eidi xXx

5 Replies to THANK YOU!! :D

re: THANK YOU!! :D
By jp_tantsiurystmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jul 31, 2006 07:51 AM
yeah...DDN is pretty cool in that way
Don't you see an ethical problem with that? (karma: 1)
By shira
On Thu Sep 21, 2006 08:59 AM
Why would someone who admits to being clueless about African, tribal, aboriginal dance think it's ethically okay to accept a request to teach a workshop in them? Personally, I find this point of view rather offensive.

It's not ethical to take people's money claiming to "teach" something you've never honestly studied yourself. The people who attend this workshop are expecting credible instruction, which is NOT what they'll be getting.

I'll bet you've put a lot of time into learning your disco/ballroom dances. Do you think someone who read a few messages on the Internet would be qualified to teach YOUR dance style?
By daisydance
On Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:17 PM
I'm with Shira on this one...why would you agree to teach something that you admittedly know nothing about? I hope that people didn't have to pay for the workshops.
re: THANK YOU!! :D (karma: 1)
By Heidi2member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:41 PM
Actually, I didnt charge for my classes, it was with a group of deprived young people who on the whole dont even have permenent homes let alone dance experience. I only took on that workshop because I was a last resort and I would rather benefit people with some sort of an enjoable class than have to have it cancelled and them be disapointed.

I would again like the thank those people who were so helpful to me, however i think that a) you should consider whatever circumstances you clearly know nothing about before you jump down my throat and b) stop been such a jumped up awful woman.

Many thanks again, the young people thoroughly enjoyed themselves, as they always do. What a rewarding job I have.

Kindest regards,
Heidi.
By Hi_Jinx
On Thu Sep 21, 2006 01:43 PM
haha, Round one to Heidi I think....

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed