Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Break instructional videos...
By xretartedpepsix
On Tue Jul 25, 2006 02:08 PM

I was wondering if anyone could help me learn how to break. I am kind of hoping that someone could give me instruction videos of certain moves teaching me step by step how to do something. I'm sure it could help alot of people. If you know of any videos like that on youtube or something please let me know. Thanks!

Christi

3 Replies to Break instructional videos...

Breakdancing Step by Step
By Divalicous
On Thu Jul 27, 2006 06:40 PM
If you want to get started in breakdancing, or improve your breakdance technique I have a website that give you the opportunity to purchase a dvd on that particular dance. The dvd teaches you about all the breakdancing moves. The website is breakdancing.com. I have never tried the dvd but I hear it is really good and was a great help to them.
re: Break instructional videos...
By tehgekoPremium member
On Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:10 PM
Another place for step-by-step instructions on breaking is the sticky right at the top of this forum by Keitsu. It's very good, just make sure you have lots of room when you get started.
re: Break instructional videos...
By tappingangel
On Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:31 PM
PLEASE be careful when you're learning to break. There are many moves you'll see and many you'll learn, but they are dangerous, especially if you don't know what you're doing...granted, you may know HOW to do the moves, but you don't know what it should and shouldn't feel like. ALWAYS try to find someone, a "mentor," to show you how to do them the correct way. There are studios that offer hip-hop classes (use this as a last resort as many studios have teachers who view MTV music videos and BET music videos as justified hip-hop) that you can take to see how they are done properly. If you do choose to go on your own, however, be careful when doing the moves so you don't harm yourself. If it doesn't feel right, it isn't, and same thing if it hurts as well. Good luck!!!!!!! ~baby rok

ReplySendWatch