Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

costumes
By lido
On Sat Jul 29, 2006 03:04 AM

can anyone give me some websites that make rhytmic costumes preferably good prices!! thanks

7 Replies to costumes

re: costumes
By GymLovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 30, 2006 04:24 PM
By using google you could help yourself a lot.

www.simplyleotards.co.uk
www.illusioncostumes.com . . .
www.amco.com.au . . .
leotardshop.com
cgi.ebay.com . . .

or ... you could make your own unique leotards. This is a whole topic with questions and answers from other people who want to make or have made their own leotards.
www.rsg.net . . .
On Sun Jul 30, 2006 04:57 PM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-08-04 22:12:51 double post
By using google you could help yourself a lot.

www.simplyleotards.co.uk
www.illusioncostumes.com . . .
www.amco.com.au . . .
leotardshop.com
cgi.ebay.com . . .

or ... you could make your own unique leotards. This is a whole topic with questions and answers from other people who want to make or have made their own leotards.
www.rsg.net . . .
By twirlingstar829
On Fri Aug 04, 2006 09:41 PM
Where would you be able to buy more expensive custom made costumes? I am a baton twirler and I use similar costumes. But the Rhythmic gymnastics costumes are much more unique. Most top twirlers spend 1000 to 2000 dollars for a quality costume.
By Twirlersmama
On Sun Aug 06, 2006 08:40 AM
hi there there is a site for twirling costumes, they are pricy but ver nice, I make my dtrs costumes so they are very unique, I also make complete costume, beaded fringe, and appliques, so I dont have the worry of them being copied, but check out showoffinc.com and I found this one today for gymnastics, its called the leotardlady.com
Good Luck with your choice..
Comment to costumes
By ambergirl
On Thu Aug 24, 2006 03:28 AM
and more about costumes; because i am not rhythmic gymnastic or have any rgym friends i have a lot of questions about costumes:
1. where do you usually buy costumes?
2. do you use any tips or clues which costume to take?
3. do you change costumes after every performance?
4. where do you put your costumes after performance?sell?
5. how much do the costumes cost?more or less...

thanks for your answers
On Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:31 AM
1. I'm not a gymnast myself but I suggest: specialized sportsstore, competitions (in ag there are shops at every competition I suppose it would be the same for rg), internet, selfmade

2. I suggest fit them and do some moves with it. It needs to be comfortable above all, not sloppy not too small especially around the but area.

3. Every world class gymnast does that, I don't know in the lower levels but I suppose a lot of girls change their outfit as often apparatus, music and outfit match together.

4. Since often leotards are quite expensive you just wash it (DRY CLEAN!!) and keep it save for a next competition. Do not every wash it yourself as those things are very delicate. I've seen gymnasts keep them in those special clothes bags (in black so no light or dust can get to the leotard). Most gymnasts don't change leotards every competition.

5. It depends on what you want there are very simple leotards and there are detailed leotards (with different fabrics, hundreds of sequins and crystals etc) I think there is a wide price range some go up to about 2000€/$

rsg.net is another forum where you can ask your questions. There are people with a lot more knowledge, competitive gymnasts (even of international level), or gymnasts parents etc
costumes
By ambergirl
On Fri Aug 25, 2006 02:09 AM
thanks GymLover :) :)

ReplySendWatch