Forum: Advice / GLBT PG-13

Isolation
By LyricalLadii04
On Tue Aug 01, 2006 04:29 PM

A few months ago I was excluded from abunch of stuff with friends because im bi since one of the girls in the groups family was homophobic I was excluded and not invited to alot of stuff because they werent allowed to be around me. They moved so the problems with them aren't bad now but now all those friends who once excluded me are trying to talk to me agian but I learned to live with out them and stop depending on them because they were gone for so long. They accepted me but they chose the group over me, barely paid attention to me, and just had their own stuff going on . .the homophobia/biphobia whatever you would call ti was pretty hard for me especially since I was just out and I was completly alone . .it was a hard time and none of them were there for me but now i learned to live without them. Now since the homophobic people moved they are trying to talk to me agian but I dont know I just dont want to. They werent there for someone who was always there for them over people they barely cared about and now expect me to come back to them?

Im sure im not the only one who went through somehting like this.
Any tips?

4 Replies to Isolation

re: Isolation
By Nicolemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:15 PM
No, you are not the first person to go through this. But this is the first time you personally had to go through it, and that's hard enough.

The same thing happened to me, although I'm a lesbian. My "friends" decided that hanging out with me might mean that I'd hit on them, or try something with them. To the point where we stopped talking altogether... It hurt. That summer I didn't have very many people who were still talking to me... Then all of a sudden we started high school and everyone wanted to talk to me again... There was one person who was the worst to me so I still don't talk to her, but I talk to the others. I'm just not as close with them as we used to be.

They hurt me, that isn't being a good friend. But I wouldn't be a good person if I couldn't somewhat (not completely mind you) forgive them when they wanted to be forgiven.
By greeneyed_barbie
On Thu Aug 03, 2006 07:17 AM
That sucks lyricalladii04, people can be so ignorant! My stance is that you dont need people like that in your life. Only surround youself with people who respect you and value your friendship. When you first come out it can feel like you are all alone, but trust me you arnt. There are likeminded and accepting people out there, lots of them, you just have to look in the wright places. :)
By aStarForTrying
On Thu Aug 24, 2006 06:47 PM
UGH!!!!! People like this really frustrate the crap outta me!!!

I dont get why it is soooo important to have to sit down with your parents/friends/family whoever and have a huge deep and meaningful about YOUR sexuality, i dont get why we are so scared about coming out, its really none of anyone else's business, why cant everyone just except it and move on, why do they have to be scared of us coming on to them (we know who's straight and who's not)

I'm sorry but its just so frustring that your so called friends just shut you out like that, I hate the way people make each other feel its not right especially about something that is important to you...Grrr! I have been talking about this alot lately and I cant get my head around it...

Bottom line you're better off without friends like that who dont respect you and your decisons
By tapcat601
On Tue Sep 05, 2006 07:28 PM
your not the first.
not to make you feel like your problem is insignificant. it was intended as more of a "your not alone" comment. First off. People will always choose the group over you. as i am now discovering at school. I am nto being excluded because of being gay. by no means is that tru. there all homos. and i thought they were my friends. and they are. but they don't understand. a bunch of bisexuals. and the girl who acts gay and is extremly not. they can't understand being a lesbian.
i think you need to do what you think is right.
forgive or forget. or neither.
you choose what you hold onto,
and what you let go of.

ReplySendWatch