Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Page:
Page 8 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: Alternative Menstrual Products…be kind to yourself and to the Environment!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Tue Jun 08, 2010 09:33 AM
Yesterday I became eco friendly! I got the mooncup £21 in Boots.
I have the mirena coil and since having it fitting I have really light periods, tampons make me sore as I am just not bleeding enough and recently I have been getting thrush everytime I have a period from the pads. I found the Always ones especially bad, must be the stuff they use in them, and the fact I wear tights most days for work with my nurses uniform.
So anyway back to my crowing with delight, I bought a mooncup out of curiosity after seeing this post. I wore it all night, and have worn it all day today on a heavy shift at the hospital. No leakage, no itching, no feeling sore. It does feel a bit weird, as its in a different position to tampons which I am used to but not in a bad way.
I had to completely cut the stem off as it was way too long, but I have found it easy to put in and remove. Whilst at work I just wiped it out with tissue.
Perfect!
If you are reading this post and thinking about trying the Mooncup I would thoroughly suggest it!
xx
By Yvonnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3624, member since Sat Dec 04, 2004
On Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:03 PM
I just bought my DivaCup from Amazon. This summer I'll be living a good hour drive away from the nearest store, having a this cup will not only save me money, but save me from the embarrassment of being an hour away from a store with not menstrual products. :)
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sat Mar 12, 2011 01:09 AM
I bought myself a LadyCup (as opposed to a Diva/Moon/etc), based on the reviews on this site:
menstrualcups.wordpress.com . . .

(I bought the "double mix" pack with both sizes, as I wasn't certain which to choose.)

Tried it for the first time today.

The instructions that came with it said to use the "C-fold", and I gotta admit, I must be doing something wrong, because the wretched thing kept popping open as I was trying to put it in (and with vulvodynia, that really freaking hurts!) After getting it in, it seems to sit a little low, and I'm extremely conscious of it when walking; perhaps I didn't trim the stem enough...

But if I can get the hang of this, I'll be thrilled. Between this and my home-made cloth pads, I'll be set for a while. :)
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Thu Oct 13, 2011 08:01 AM
Just had to share this:

www.youtube.com . . .
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 AM
reel_faerie85 wrote:

Just had to share this:

www.youtube.com . . .

That is so brilliant. Hehe.

My IUD came out a few months ago, and for some reason my diva cup has decided to work again. I still love my cloth though, more than anything. I'm thinking about getting the Lunapads postpartum/heavy period kit. I got a coupon for $5 off and I think I like that system, whereas it intimidated me when I first started using alternative menstrual products. I find it so hard to believe that it's been almost three years!
By Bobbypins Comments: 22, member since Mon Apr 08, 2013
On Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 PM
I'm amazed that in 15 years I have never seen or heard of any of these, have I been living under a rock lol
re: Alternative Menstrual Products�be kind to yourself and to the Environment!
By highlandchick Comments: 13, member since Fri Feb 17, 2006
On Tue Jul 16, 2013 01:04 PM
I just started using the diva cup about 3 months ago, and I have to say that it is LIFE CHANGING! I was very skeptical about the whole idea until my friend started using one and really explained what it was and how it worked. I can leave it in for much longer than a tampon, no risk of TSS, and it is WAAAAY more comfortable than a tampon. I always found pads super gross, and now I just use a liner for back up... barely any leaks to be found. If you put it in and it has not fully popped out it WILL leak, but it's fairly easy to tell. The thing I love the most is that I don't have to carry anything with me anymore. I have maybe one or two days where I would need to change it somewhere public, but it is really easy to just wipe it out, put it in, and then wash it when you get home. Makes my life so much easier!
Page:
Page 8 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch