Poll: Advice / GLBT PG-13

Do you show affection for your boyfriend/girlfriend in public? (karma: 1)
By Nicolemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Aug 06, 2006 02:11 AM

Okay this is mainly aimed at same sex couples. I just want to know how many people out there aren't afraid to show their love for each other. My girlfriend and I don't publically display our affection.

6 Replies to Do you show affection for your boyfriend/girlfriend in public?

re: Do you show affection for your boyfriend/girlfriend in public?
By Kayte
On Sun Aug 06, 2006 05:38 AM
Edited by mad_4_disco (100237) on 2006-08-06 05:38:47 Lalalaa
When i was with someone, we did show affection in some places but not in others.

If we were around people we knew, we wouldn't really, but if we were somewhere where noone knew us, we would. But that was mainly because many of our close friends didn't know something was going on, so we saved it for annonymous places :)

Kate xx
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Aug 07, 2006 04:48 AM
Hmmm. I've never been in a serious same sex relationship, but I have been in a relationship where my male partner was into transgenderism.

I'd walk down the street holding hands with him (when he was dressed as a woman) .. but only in the city, and only on oxford street, so no one really turned their heads.
By Ayamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Aug 07, 2006 05:22 AM
I do not care for PDAs at ALL, but I do hold my girlfriend's hand, and occasionally put an arm around her. Depending on the situation and how well we know the other people around us, I might kiss her goodbye at the end of the night. It's not out of a fear of gay bashers, and more just a general dislike of public making out.
By a_JUNKIEheartmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 07, 2006 05:57 PM
Well.. it all depends what you define as public affection. We are certainly not making out in public. I will hold her hand, put an arm around her, hug her, etc.
By RoxyRedShoes
On Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:22 PM
well it depends on how you look at it. in the genral public it doesnt really matter, you probably wouldnt even notice but if you are in close proxcimity (cant spell) with a couple that are diving to retrive each others tonsils and it makes you feel uncomfortable well its a bit different. i always notice it more when im not with my boyfriend, that because we are usually too busy not noticing other people-not in a rude way! we will kiss on the lips but we wont like full on snog when we are out. I just try to remember how i would feel if a couple were full on snoging, but saying that if you really dont care what other people think then go right on ahead and snog away-people dont have to look!
RoxyRedShoes
xxxxx
By contrerras
On Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:24 AM
I do it in some places because in México we have to many taboos about hosexuality, but when I kiss my boyfriend and hold his hand I feel me free and that make feel me accepted.

ReplySendWatch