Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Dance team names?!
By SPARTAN
On Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:01 AM
Edited by SPARTAN (164883) on 2006-08-11 10:03:27 i misspelled something
Edited by Theresa (28613) on 2006-08-19 21:23:04 removed extra decoration from title

hey everybody, im new, haha and my school is starting a new dance team so we were trying to figure out a cute, fun name for ourselves. our school mascot is the spartan and its really a pretty masculine mascot seeing as its a dude with a broom on his head. but we all love him. so i was just wondering if you gals (or guys?) had any suggestions. one of the people we play football against is called the Osceola Cheifs and their dance team is called the Oceola Cheiftanettes. so yeah. cant use the Somerset Spartanettes. so if you could give me some ideas or something that would be great! thanks!

14 Replies to Dance team names?!

re: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!*****Dance team names****?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Aug 11, 2006 09:40 PM
lady spatans is good and safe
Image hotlink - 'http://www.visittex.com/images/spartan.jpg'
Umm the image is pretty masculine I admit
I cant think of anything else now but Sparty's and thats kinda cute but im out of ideas sorry
By DancerGirl_08
On Sun Aug 13, 2006 06:11 PM
Spartan Steperettes
Somerset Steperettes

And, yeah. That's all I can think of right now. I know you want something cute and fun, but you never can go wrong with the Somerset Drill Team/Somerset Dance Team.

~*EmilyRose*~
By MarthaGraham1234
On Tue Aug 15, 2006 04:38 PM
Burning the floor

Firecrakers

Spinning Spartans
(I know that all of these are pretty bad but they were the first ones that came to my head)
By outerlimits220
On Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:09 PM
You don't have to use spartans, what are your school colors? Maybe you could model after a university who has the same mascot as you do. I know the university of michigan is the spartans but Im not sure what they call their dance team.
By SPARTAN
On Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:00 PM
well our school colors are red black and white.
By fLaVa124Premium member
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 09:18 PM
why not just the Spartan Dancers.SHS Dancers. lol maybe they are to plain.
Lady Spartans was cute too.
re: Dance team names?!
By colormeGreenPremium member
On Mon Aug 21, 2006 09:28 PM
I think I actually know a team from around here that is called the Spartanettes. So I'm down for that.
By Elle_Dancer
On Wed Aug 23, 2006 08:24 AM
Does your mascot have a name? That's where my team got our name, Sky Flier Spirit. (Sky Flier's the mascot)
By poshdancer
On Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:02 PM
ahh i feel your pain..our school mascot is the highlanders...yea the scottish kilt wearing dudes...our school has a girls choir called the highlanderettes so that was out and i dont like it anyway sooo....our school colors are blue and gold so i suggested the GP Sapphires (cuz our school color is blue so) but we ended up with the GP Storm cuz of one of our songs so if your school colors are red black and white...umm maybe the Somerset Rubies or Jewels or something to that effect...hmmmm
By Rincemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 08, 2006 05:54 PM
the school I am going to next year is the Maples so the dance/cheer team(one team) it called Maple Motion.
By PomPonGirl
On Wed Nov 08, 2006 09:05 PM
"I know the university of michigan is the spartans but Im not sure what they call their dance team."
-Just so you know, Michign State is the Spartans :) University of Michigan is the Wolverines

Of the ones listed, I liked "Somerset Steperettes", "Spinning Spartans"
By KalliGirl
On Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:20 AM
I think it would be interesting to use something related to the spartan and greek culture check out enostos.net . . .

"The dance, of all the arts; is the one that most influences the soul. Dancing is divine in its nature and is the gift of the gods." -Plato

I learned that the Pyrrhic was a dance perfected by the Spartans

maybe the Pyrrhic Dance Force
By blondiebaby7474
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 08:07 PM
i like Firecrackers! that was good!

or maybe Spartan Stars.

or since yall's colors are red black and white how about the Red Hots?

(might be a lil too sexy but i thought it was cute)
lol
By HollieErin
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:20 PM
When I was in school (ack in the day I'm all old now bah!!) Our school mascot was a Spartan, we were know as the Spartanettes, although sometimes we also got refered to as the Lady Spartans.

ReplySendWatch