Forum: Ballet / Advanced & Professional Ballet

My New Scheduelle!!
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 15, 2006 06:31 PM
Edited by pballerina (133888) on 2006-08-15 18:36:11 submitted before I finished
Edited by pballerina (133888) on 2006-08-15 18:36:24 submitted before I finished

Ok, sooo

I started high school this monday! I start dance again on Sept. 5th.

This is my new dance scheduelle:

MONDAY:
5:15-6:15 Musical Theater
6:15-7:15 Jazz

TUESDAY:
7:30-9:15 Ballet, pointe

THURSDAY:
4:45-5:45 tap

FRIDAY:
4:30-6:30 ballet, pointe
6:30-8:30 ballet, pointe

SATURDAY:
Every 1st and 3rd week of the month I have rehearsals (I think :? ) and every 2nd and 4th week of the month I have workshops.

I am good at ballet, and pointe, but my other classes are shaky. I am in senior or aprentice company this year (even though I am only 13.5), so I have to take a minimum of 3 ballet, 1 pointe (not a problem), 1 tap, 1 jazz, 1 musical theater. I have done musical theater before, its not too hard, and I'm ok at jazz. Tap, however, I have never, ever done. It looks WAY too hard. Is it harder than ballet? I am scared because I will take level 2-3 but I have never taken it before. HELP!!

Soooooooo, how does my scheduelle sound to you guys??

Thanks!!

3 Replies to My New Scheduelle!!

re: My New Scheduelle!!
By DanceAngel120Premium member
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:58 PM
Tap is different from ballet. You're going to have to learn to move your ankles in ways that you're not really used to in ballet. I wouldn't say it's harder than ballet in general, I'd just say it's very different. For me tap was harder than ballet because it wasn't what I was used to. The last tap class I took wasn't too bad. I can still do relatively easy thing, but I never managed to get to anything more advanced than maybe a tripple time step, and found it to be pretty difficult. In fact, I stopped into a tap class with a couple of friends, because we wanted to visit an old teacher recently, and we ended up taking the class. I was told I tap like a ballet dancer. Tap is definatley something you're going to have to get used to, since it is a very different feeling.

And I'd say your schedule sounds good, definatley very well rounded.
By duct_tape_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 04:23 PM
Your Fridays are going to be long! I guess I'd rather see those two ballet classes on different days so that you'd have ballet three days a week rather than two (and then you'd have a shorter day), but it seems fine and definitely really well rounded.

I took a tap class two years ago for PE at school (we have a dance dept.) just because I thought it would be something fun and different to try (at the time I was kind of fed up with ballet a little and wanted something different two days a week, instead of jumping from ballet class to ballet class). It was a beginner class, which I definitely was but I felt like I progressed alot faster than the others in it who had never danced before- even though I had never tapped before and it was really different from ballet. You'll probably be okay in the 2/3 class, even though you've never done it. It might be a little difficult at first, but chances are you'd get bored in a lower level class.
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 08:07 PM
Ok, well thanks everyone!!!

BUT- my scheduelle has changed!! hehe! I chnged it a few days ago so that it owuld fit be better and I would get more out of it.

I will post it asap but im so tired now so I'm going to go to sleep!!

Bye, and I promise I will post it later :D

ReplySendWatch