Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

Great RSG movies- A state of mind
By AbbetheSieyes
On Wed Aug 16, 2006 09:34 PM

If you want to watch something which both has wonderful group rhythmic gymnastics and a really interesting cultural message you should rent the documentary "A State of Mind". And don't let the word documentary scare you-it's not boring at all. The basic plot- Two gymnasts, aged 11 and 13, are training from February to September for an event in North Korea called the mass games. You get to see so much footage of these events and they are spectacular- the largest choreographed dance event in the world. This event tells the story of North Korea's history through all forms of gymnastics- it's a long event in 13 chapters-our two girls do a RSG ball routine (along with thousands of other girls at the same time) during the 11th chapter. But before their big performance you get to see into their real lifes- see how their friends and family are largely the same but their ideas about their government and their leaders are so radically different. Anyway, I highly reccomend it.

3 Replies to Great RSG movies- A state of mind

re: Great RSG movies- A state of mind
By acrobabemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 17, 2006 04:50 AM
I watched this documentary on tv a few years ago, and agree it is fascinating to watch. There is also a music video on youtube which shows about 3 mins of mass games stuff ( www.youtube.com . . .).
By GymLovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 18, 2006 03:31 PM
I have the whole docu at home. If I find some time I'll upload it on you tube (it's in Korean with Dutch subs I believe)
By acrobabemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 18, 2006 04:51 PM
ooh yes please please upload it onto youtube, i'd so like to watch it again.

ReplySendWatch